Good news!
Applied for PR 12/12/2014
AOR received 02/27/2015
OWP received 03/11/2015
I'm so excited, a big step was taken.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hello

I hope everything is going well with you. I came to Canada as a student but now i'am married to a Canadian citizen, I submitted my inland application and received an AOR on July 2014.

A moment ago I checked the processing times and I had a heart attack!! . Please could somebody confirm what I read: 27 months for assessment???? So now is 17 months (working on applications received on October 2013) plus 27 months!!!!!!!!!!!??? is that for real?

If that's the case I should start saying goodbye to Canada because my PGWP expires on 2016 and although I have a full-time job, I wont be able to get an LMIA to get a WP. When I sent my sponsorship application I did not know about applying for an OWP at the same time, so I could be screwed :(.

I would appreciate any feedback/comment. Thank you so much

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Hello

I hope everything is going well with you. I came to Canada as a student but now i'am married to a Canadian citizen, I submitted my inland application and received an AOR on July 2014.

A moment ago I checked the processing times and I had a heart attack!! . Please could somebody confirm what I read: 27 months for assessment???? So now is 17 months (working on applications received on October 2013) plus 27 months!!!!!!!!!!!??? is that for real?

If that's the case I should start saying goodbye to Canada because my PGWP expires on 2016 and although I have a full-time job, I wont be able to get an LMIA to get a WP. When I sent my sponsorship application I did not know about applying for an OWP at the same time, so I could be screwed :(.

I would appreciate any feedback/comment. Thank you so much
Relax. It is NOT 17 months + an additional 27 months for Inland applications. It is 17 months (for stage 1- AIP) + [possibly] another ~8 months for PR approval, BUT...many people are now receiving their DM (approval) at the same time as AIP, or very shortly thereafter.

As long as you maintain your legal status in Canada, you can always apply for the OWP that is now part of the pilot program, instead of having to wait until you have AIP.

Visitor01

Sep 12, 2014
Hi,

I am October 2014 applicant. I have received my AOR but haven't received my OWP yet. I submitted it along with my PR application.

Is there anyone else, going through the same?

Thanks

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
Relax. It is NOT 17 months + an additional 27 months for Inland applications. It is 17 months (for stage 1- AIP) + [possibly] another ~8 months for PR approval, BUT...many people are now receiving their DM (approval) at the same time as AIP, or very shortly thereafter.

As long as you maintain your legal status in Canada, you can always apply for the OWP that is now part of the pilot program, instead of having to wait until you have AIP.
Oh thank you, you are so kind.

So why the CIC website would say 17 and 27 months?. I remember like you said, they had part 1 for 17 months and part 2: 8 months but is changed.

iffi1185

Apr 22, 2014
You'll be fine.

How did you get a health card? What province are you in? My wife is also American living in Canada. I applied her PR in March 2014.

yeehaw said:
My wife and I applied (she is american living in Canada) last year (May),and when I go on the wait times for how long it will still take it is saying 25 months (17 months initial assessment and they are only working on October of 2013 - and then another 8 months for medical security and background checks). So if it is true (the wait times) it will be over 3 years before she gets PR. Thankfully she did get a health card up here,so she does not have to pay USA health insurance anymore, but bank funds are running low

Also, For those of you who finally received permanent residence, How long did it take you from start to finish. Those who applied inland.
We are finding it even takes a few months just to get the visitor record updated again.

It is getting to the point where we are considering a border town marriage where we would live a few miles apart (her in USA and me in Canada) but that way both of us can work. Then we would cancel our inland application and start an outland application. Would this hurt our application process if we go this route (cancelling the inland and starting an outland)?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Oh thank you, you are so kind.

So why the CIC website would say 17 and 27 months?. I remember like you said, they had part 1 for 17 months and part 2: 8 months but is changed.
You must have missed this part:

Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

Eligibility assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored- 17 months
Working on applications received on October 11, 2013

All assessments of sponsor and person being sponsored
Status available online- 27 months
(includes assessment of sponsor)

It was 17 months + 8 months, but is now 10 months. Again...many people are getting their DM shortly after they receive AIP.

visa_help2014

Feb 24, 2014
Hi,

i am applying for my wife's inland sponsorship. I want to apply her work permit along with the application.
So, I just have to fill IMM5710 only or I have to fill any documents too?
What proof I have to attach for the work permit application.

Please help.

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
visa_help2014 said:
Hi,

i am applying for my wife's inland sponsorship. I want to apply her work permit along with the application.
So, I just have to fill IMM5710 only or I have to fill any documents too?
What proof I have to attach for the work permit application.

Please help. Hello! IMM 5710 ALONG with the payment receipt for the open work permit. All other document are already included in your inland sponsor application.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Hi All,

This might have been asked before, but just the same i hope someone could help me figure out my concern. My passport will expire July of this year and I applied for sponsorship February 2014. As of this time, when i checked the progress online, they are processing October 2013. I renewed my passport last month and i received the new one, i want to send the new document but i am not sure if i need to fill out a form to do that or if i could simply send a photocopy of the renewed passport and indicate the Client ID number. Because my passport was set to expire soon, the OWP i received was also valid until that date only. If i need to apply for an extension of my OWP, could i just send them both together or maybe not?

Thank you for all your help.

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
dchrona said:
I will surely let you know. Please let me know what happened with your application as well.
I got my CSQ today:))) hope you got yours too:))

iffi1185

Apr 22, 2014
Hi,

My wife is American green card holder living in Canada. I submitted her PR Application on March 3, 2013. She just got her OWP on March 18, 2015 under the pilot program. On OWP it says "Does not confer temporary resident status". Upon contacting CIC they've advised that she is out of status. Alberta health care refused to give her health card bease the work permit states that she doesn't have any status. We weren't aware we had to apply for temporary resident status even though she's American and doesn't require Visa to enter Canada.

What should we do? Should we now apply for temporary resident permit?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iffi1185 said:
Hi,

My wife is American green card holder living in Canada. I submitted her PR Application on March 3, 2013. She just got her OWP on March 18, 2015 under the pilot program. On OWP it says "Does not confer temporary resident status". Upon contacting CIC they've advised that she is out of status. Alberta health care refused to give her health card bease the work permit states that she doesn't have any status. We weren't aware we had to apply for temporary resident status even though she's American and doesn't require Visa to enter Canada.

What should we do? Should we now apply for temporary resident permit?
I think it's safe to say that the OWP that she received was NOT issued because of the Pilot Program, because she would have needed legal status for that.

She received the `regular' OWP that all Inland applicants are eligible for...even those without status. Once they reach AIP, they are issued their OWP and you're right...it does NOT give her status again. She won't have `real' status now until she lands as a PR.

Why has it taken them so long to complete her application?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its been over a year now since they have had my application and it kills me on the inside knowing its just been sitting inside a box collecting dust. I know from the spreadsheet timeline that its going to be another 6 + months until they even start to process me.

Soul destroying