28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
shyla36 said:
To answe your query, If your lawyer didnt send your owp then you are out of status but based on your story, i dont see any reason why he wont send it when you said you paid for your owp anyway.
Also, i dont know when you arrived in canada but if you are within 90 days from the expiry of your visitor status, then you can restore and extend it if really you just want your peace of mind. Thats my 2 cents worth.
I was also scared before to file extension for whatever reason, but i was extended twice. Should you decide to restore, extend, suggest you do it online, its faster and you would surely know if they receive it as minutes after you send, you will receive email alert. Also, for your reasons, say you have applied for inland sponsorshi, attach your aor or receipt, marriage contract. You can put this on the additional information file. Save them first as one file as you can only attach 1 file per portion. Hope this helps.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h8tow8 said:
CIC say that since you have temporary number you file was not updated/ some say it wasn't checked... They say wait...

If my lawyer didn't actually sent it, how can I prove it? They will just say that CIC lost it! :( ;(

I asked CIC for uci number, they said that I don't have it. Don't everyone get uci number? Can you please help me understand? When do you get uci?

Do you think if I contact MP, can he request information regarding OWP from CIC?
You won't have your UCI number until CIC starts working on your part of the application.

Having your receipt for the OWP might help, but you need proof that your lawyer actually included the OWP with the Inland application. It must have been sent with the Inland application for you to have implied status. If they sent it later, or are waiting until you have AIP to send it...you do not have implied status.

Your lawyer needs to prove (or convince you) that they did send it with your Inland application.

Without legal status (including implied) the chance of being removed is probably small, but it is always a possibility...even with an Inland application submitted!

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
How long do you have to wait for OWP approval, under the One Year Pilot? My OWP was received by CPC yesterday.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Hi All,

Does anyone know or have had an experience about OWP being expired before their PR is processed? Is there any possibility to extend it?

Thank you.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Blissy_78 said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know or have had an experience about OWP being expired before their PR is processed? Is there any possibility to extend it?

Thank you.
You can simply extend it via paper or online as long as you are eligible.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
MaryLou6 said:
How long do you have to wait for OWP approval, under the One Year Pilot? My OWP was received by CPC yesterday.
CIC Says that they will try to finish all applications that were submitted before 22 Dec in Four Months.
I am assuming that your will be done in 5 months from that date. (22 Dec i.e)

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
guys, I'm wondering how long before a work permit is mailed after aip and how much it costs for medical in bc..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shaqhal said:
guys, I'm wondering how long before a work permit is mailed after aip and how much it costs for medical in bc..
The cost of medical varies a lot, I suggest to give a call for a few places.

There is a new pilot, if you have legal status, now you don't even have to wait till AIP to get OWP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp
If you are out of status, but sent an OWP with your PR app, you should get it after a couple weeks of your AIP.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
sophieee said:
You can simply extend it via paper or online as long as you are eligible.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

Would this make a difference since the OWP i received was from the pilot program? The remarks on my OWP says "Temporary Resident Status Maintained as per R183(6). Document issued to passport expiry date, " which is June 2015. I was just wondering if it's possible for CIC to extend or issue another OWP once i submit my renewed passport.

My PR application was received Feb 2014 and i am not confident if i could get everything done by the time my OWP expires. :(

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
I send my application on october2014..cic receive my package on nov3.2014 anyone know how long befor i ear anything else from cic

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Hi guys, for the PR application and OWP, is there anything that needs to be Notirized? I'm in doubt right now. I'm sponsoring my Spouce, some documents were in Spanish and we have certified translated copies. Is that enough? How about passport photo copies? Etc? Thanks! :)

mysteriousk

Feb 1, 2015
sniper23 said:
I send my application on october2014..cic receive my package on nov3.2014 anyone know how long befor i ear anything else from cic
You should have received a letter acknowledging their receipt of your application by now....

mysteriousk

Feb 1, 2015
sniper23 said:
.can i call about it or just wait for them to email mi again
You might want to call... You usually receive an e-mail acknowledgement of receipt within 2 months of applying.... but sometimes I guess it can take longer.... I would check though.... just to make sure that they received it...

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
mysteriousk said:
You might want to call... You usually receive an e-mail acknowledgement of receipt within 2 months of applying.... but sometimes I guess it can take longer.... I would check though.... just to make sure that they received it...
.i just receive a email saying that they receive my package..and that a agent will further infor me..