Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
I also got fingerprinted today and they had the hardest time getting good prints-- it was near impossible. they took 6 sheets and 4 of them were mostly all illegible and he gave me two (thankfully he only charged me for 2) that he said "were mostly acceptable". God, I really hope it's not going to be a gong show getting my FBI record. I've had it done before when I was in University and I don't have a criminal record at all. That's really the only reason why I'm considering sending my application off without my clearance and sending the FBI letter when I get it. who knows how long it's going to take if there are problems. sigh

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hi we have our uic number but nothing shows on line why
snd thsnks

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
How will you know if your application is transferred in Edmonton??

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
nismopinoy said:
How will you know if your application is transferred in Edmonton??
You would get an email telling you that your file has been transferred to Edmonton. I believe that since the VO doesn't even open an applicants file to look over it in detail until around the 9 month mark that you would only find out around that time. When you receive AOR the agent has only opened your file for long enough to make sure that all the necessary documents have been included in your application.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Ponga said:
You might want to download document (PDF) IP08 from the CIC website and look at Appendix H. This basically details the `public policy' that allows an out of status applicant to apply for PR while remaining in Canada. Heck, you might even keep a copy of Appendix H in your car, in case you get stopped by an over zealous police officer that thinks you should be deported ASAP, for being out of status!

I'm also in a similar situation (but not quite as long as you have been out of status) and was horrified when someone at CIC told me (over the phone) that an out of status applicant would likely still be deported, even with the IP08 Appendix H policy. The consensus is that the person was misinformed on how their own public policy works regarding those without legal immigration status at the time they submit their Inland application.

Regarding documents to prove your activity since 2009...What do you have? Have you been working? Legally??
I struggled with this, as I have been in Canada, while telecommuting outside of Canada (being paid outside of Canada), so I obviously do not have a work permit. In my mind, I said that I was unemployed (in the Canadian Labour Market) but knew that I couldn't honestly say that I was `unemployed'. I attached a document explaining my situation, that I was NOT working IN Canada, as best I could and will hope for the best. My advice is to just provide a short paragraph detailing what you have been doing since 2009.

I'm sure you realize that if your Inland application is denied for any reason, you cannot appeal and will definitely have to leave Canada (likely within 30 days). THAT'S the scary part for us Inland applicants...no matter how rock solid we feel our application packages are, there's really no guarantee! Yikes!! :eek:

Good luck
I am in a similar situation as you too. also out of status. I applied back in April 2013. recived my AOR and so far havent heard anything (its not time yet anyway).
I didn't provide any info regarding why I was out of status, because usually they ask you to come for an interview and explain it there.
I think CIC rarely refuses applications without even trying to find out reasons.
Besides, if being out of status was an issue, they wouldn't even give an option of applying. ;)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita27 said:
I am in a similar situation as you too. also out of status. I applied back in April 2013. recived my AOR and so far havent heard anything (its not time yet anyway).
I didn't provide any info regarding why I was out of status, because usually they ask you to come for an interview and explain it there.
I think CIC rarely refuses applications without even trying to find out reasons.
Besides, if being out of status was an issue, they wouldn't even give an option of applying. ;)
Well, technically being out of status IS an issue. The public policy in place by CIC that allows the applicant to `remain' in Canada while their application is being processed is usually honored by CBSA (to not deport the applicant), but apparently there are no guarantees.

True, CIC cannot deny the application based solely on the applicant's lack of status. I'm still wondering why the CIC call centre agents don't seem to understand this public policy!

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Ponga said:
Well, technically being out of status IS an issue. The public policy in place by CIC that allows the applicant to `remain' in Canada while their application is being processed is usually honored by CBSA (to not deport the applicant), but apparently there are no guarantees.

True, CIC cannot deny the application based solely on the applicant's lack of status. I'm still wondering why the CIC call centre agents don't seem to understand this public policy!
It's such a grey area, that cic agents just get confused by it. i think they are only aware of the general stuff, and the officers are the ones that know the details. Basically, as the saying goes.. left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. ;)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita27 said:
It's such a grey area, that cic agents just get confused by it. i think they are only aware of the general stuff, and the officers are the ones that know the details. Basically, as the saying goes.. left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. ;)
Sad but true.

It's quite alarming when a question (like the issue with out of status applicants) gets 3 different answers (from 3 different agents) that all claim they're right. Grrr!!!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CIC are very confusing I find! It's all such a mystery :p

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
You would get an email telling you that your file has been transferred to Edmonton. I believe that since the VO doesn't even open an applicants file to look over it in detail until around the 9 month mark that you would only find out around that time. When you receive AOR the agent has only opened your file for long enough to make sure that all the necessary documents have been included in your application.
That's sucks!! Ur almost about to end waiting for the 11months then suddenly you will receive a notice that ur application is forwarded to Edmonton for interview. What if the applicant submitted OWP application together with the spousal application, does will affect the waiting time? Or we can still receive the OWP although the application is forwarded to edmonton?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
When we will receive the AOR? Is it by EMAIL or regular mail?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
nismopinoy said:
When we will receive the AOR? Is it by EMAIL or regular mail?
Sponsor gets an email!

LostInToronto

Jan 1, 2014
Ponga said:
You might want to download document (PDF) IP08 from the CIC website and look at Appendix H. This basically details the `public policy' that allows an out of status applicant to apply for PR while remaining in Canada. Heck, you might even keep a copy of Appendix H in your car, in case you get stopped by an over zealous police officer that thinks you should be deported ASAP, for being out of status!

I'm also in a similar situation (but not quite as long as you have been out of status) and was horrified when someone at CIC told me (over the phone) that an out of status applicant would likely still be deported, even with the IP08 Appendix H policy. The consensus is that the person was misinformed on how their own public policy works regarding those without legal immigration status at the time they submit their Inland application.

Regarding documents to prove your activity since 2009...What do you have? Have you been working? Legally??
I struggled with this, as I have been in Canada, while telecommuting outside of Canada (being paid outside of Canada), so I obviously do not have a work permit. In my mind, I said that I was unemployed (in the Canadian Labour Market) but knew that I couldn't honestly say that I was `unemployed'. I attached a document explaining my situation, that I was NOT working IN Canada, as best I could and will hope for the best. My advice is to just provide a short paragraph detailing what you have been doing since 2009.

I'm sure you realize that if your Inland application is denied for any reason, you cannot appeal and will definitely have to leave Canada (likely within 30 days). THAT'S the scary part for us Inland applicants...no matter how rock solid we feel our application packages are, there's really no guarantee! Yikes!! :eek:

Good luck
Thank You Ponga!! I have already looked into the entire operational manual of CIC…lol..I am not really worried about cops…They really don’t care much about immigrations status because I got pulled over few times already while out of status, as long as you have a valid driver licence and insurance they never asked me about my immigration status….CIC call center is a joke, I don’t bother calling them anymore…I had work permit so I did work legally for a while then want out of status…I think I will get an immigration lawyer so I can have peace of mind throughout the whole inland application process..Anyways I really appreciated all your advice here thanks Line.a and Ponga!! ;)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Line.a said:
I haven't seen anyone starting a topic for the 2014 inlanders, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Happy New Years! Keep your spirits high and hopefully time will speed up much faster than what we saw last year. Please don't hesitate to share your stories, your concerns and questions on here!

A warm welcome, and good luck to you all!! :)

Happy nEw year !
Heres my timeline
Visa Office: Vagreville
Family Sponsorship/Spousal
App mailed: Dec 02, 2013
App recvd: Dec 5, 2013

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M