28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
nique2gee said:
pls can anybody help me with the office address where I can get my OHIP. The ones I have called said I have to get full time job and work six months. I remember some people in Toronto got theirs without having a full time job or work for six months.

Thank you in advance......
To get OHIP, you must have a valid working permit with LMO, AIP from your PR application, or an OWP. Assuming you have one of these things, I have had success (twice) in getting OHIP from this location:
https://www.services.gov.on.ca/locations/locationDetail.do?id=476

Not all locations know how to deal with the PR situation sadly, but this one is government run and does.

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Any idea regarding ETOBICOKE office timelines. how long they take to contact for an interview
and how do they contact (phone/email/mail??)

jeffc

Jun 26, 2014
My Gf receive this letter today

Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on June 1, 2015 at 1 00 PM .

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax (604-666-6582) or email ( this office immediately and explain why.

Is this landing ?? or interview??

thanks

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I received AIP and SA today.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone with DM recently!! So happy for you all :D ;D

I love how helpful and informative this forum is; however I've avoided it for a little while now as reading all the posts everyday of people getting DM who applied after me was very upsetting. Well as much as I'd love to be here today with good news, I have nada.

Our situation is this - I am English, and have been living in Canada for 4.5 years now, since December 6th 2010. I have been working here since May 2011. My husband and I met in 2011 and were married in March 2013. We applied in June 2013. It took them a year to approve my husband as sponsor, then they requested fingerprints from me. Then due to their slowness at processing the application my medical expired and they requested I do a re-med which I did and submitted ASAP. Now I'm told they've been sitting on my COMPLETE file for the past three months and still have no idea when I can expect my case agent to make a decision because in the words of the call center agent "it could be a week, it could be a year, you just have to wait."

My application should have been a straight forward and easy to process application - there are no dependents, no children, no divorces or former spouses. I had been living and working here for over 2 years by time we even applied for PR, and hadn't even left the country at any point. Apparently case agents have discretion in requesting re-meds, and someone who applied about a week different to me had theirs expire but wasn't asked to re-do it. That seems unfair.

I can't send my passport to be renewed just in case they make a decision soon, we can't book a much needed vacation, I can't go home for a big family event that's happening - all because my person "officer BS" (how appropriate considering everything that's going on) can't be bothered to finish my application. I'm back on my anti-depressants now. We're considering leaving Canada altogether because the UK would give him PR much faster. I swear they just forgot about me!! We recently contacted out local MP so maybe, just maaaaaybe, he can help.

Anyway sorry for the huge rant.....just needed to vent to people who understand what it's like :'(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ukca8614 said:

I love how helpful and informative this forum is; however I've avoided it for a little while now as reading all the posts everyday of people getting DM who applied after me was very upsetting. Well as much as I'd love to be here today with good news, I have nada.

Our situation is this - I am English, and have been living in Canada for 4.5 years now, since December 6th 2010. I have been working here since May 2011. My husband and I met in 2011 and were married in March 2013. We applied in June 2013. It took them a year to approve my husband as sponsor, then they requested fingerprints from me. Then due to their slowness at processing the application my medical expired and they requested I do a re-med which I did and submitted ASAP. Now I'm told they've been sitting on my COMPLETE file for the past three months and still have no idea when I can expect my case agent to make a decision because in the words of the call center agent "it could be a week, it could be a year, you just have to wait."

My application should have been a straight forward and easy to process application - there are no dependents, no children, no divorces or former spouses. I had been living and working here for over 2 years by time we even applied for PR, and hadn't even left the country at any point. Apparently case agents have discretion in requesting re-meds, and someone who applied about a week different to me had theirs expire but wasn't asked to re-do it. That seems unfair.

I can't send my passport to be renewed just in case they make a decision soon, we can't book a much needed vacation, I can't go home for a big family event that's happening - all because my person "officer BS" (how appropriate considering everything that's going on) can't be bothered to finish my application. I'm back on my anti-depressants now. We're considering leaving Canada altogether because the UK would give him PR much faster. I swear they just forgot about me!! We recently contacted out local MP so maybe, just maaaaaybe, he can help.

Anyway sorry for the huge rant.....just needed to vent to people who understand what it's like :'(
Ug! That's more than heartbreaking.

I'm sure that your MP will be able to get things moving for you!

Percy Weasley

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
14-11-2013
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
ukca8614 said:

And here I was feeling sorry for myself because I didnt get DM soon after AIP as everybody else is getting...

Its really depressing to even think how this system works, very unfair to you and I'm sure others that have been left behind as well.
There is no accountability for these "agents" specially any "BS agent" that might be out there.

I hope that contacting your MP really helps you, My wife recently sent an Email to hers but we still havent got any reply.

All the best UKCA8614

zoemmn

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2013
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
8 Apr 2015
Percy Weasley said:
And here I was feeling sorry for myself because I didnt get DM soon after AIP as everybody else is getting...

Its really depressing to even think how this system works, very unfair to you and I'm sure others that have been left behind as well.
There is no accountability for these "agents" specially any "BS agent" that might be out there.

I hope that contacting your MP really helps you, My wife recently sent an Email to hers but we still havent got any reply.

All the best UKCA8614
I was expecting that i could get my DM soon after AIP, guess we are on the same boat.
I checked my eCAS everyday after they received my medical.
Anyway.... It's coming i believe...

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cissychen008 said:
YA it came through email on Tuesday. Yours should be on the way, but I did pay the $490 last Thursday. You have to pay the money 5 business days before the interview, so why dont you pay yours now so that may speed up your appointment.
I took your advice and paid mine last week too! Hopefully it will come soon.

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
JUST UPDATED:

Permanent Residence

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on November 28, 2013.

We started processing XXX's application on April 28, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XX's application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.

is it a DM?? I didn't receive any email, and I don't feel good on " The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.", what is it mean, ?! :'( :'( :'(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ting0916 said:
JUST UPDATED:

Permanent Residence

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on November 28, 2013.

We started processing XXX's application on April 28, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XX's application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.

is it a DM?? I didn't receive any email, and I don't feel good on " The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.", what is it mean, ?! :'( :'( :'(
Congrats. That is a DM.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
gaur84 said:
Any idea regarding ETOBICOKE office timelines. how long they take to contact for an interview
and how do they contact (phone/email/mail??)
Etobicoke office is completely useless. We are now witing for 3 months for landing. Calls to the CIC call center are useless. Fed up with the apathy that CIC is now synonmous with. Doesnt reflect a first world country. Time to escalate. Any suggestions on wht to do?