+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
My spouse is from a country where the police checks are done by a third party, you don't do the police check directly through the police force.

So here's my question, does ECAS ever show that the police checks were received? Ours shows medicals received but makes no mention of the police check. As we have already been asked for additional information, the last thing I want is to incur an additional delay because someone fumbled our police paperwork.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
...And for your viewing pleasure, Chris Alexander's weak response to a pointed question about inland sponsorship today in the house of commons (thanks to the producers of "The Backlog" Documentary for this). Starts at 38:17

http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/question-period/episodes/37551661/

If you haven't visited the webpage for The Backlog, I recommend taking a look

http://thebacklogdoc.blogspot.ca/

axal22

Nov 24, 2014
We have a landing date!!!! Calgary office just contacted us via email and I will be landing March 25th, I'm so happy I can't even describe it, in less than a week we got everything AIP, DM and landing app.

For the ones that are still waiting never lose hope, things will start rolling eventually for you too. :D

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
axal22 said:
We have a landing date!!!! Calgary office just contacted us via email and I will be landing March 25th, I'm so happy I can't even describe it, in less than a week we got everything AIP, DM and landing app.

For the ones that are still waiting never lose hope, things will start rolling eventually for you too. :D
CONGRATS!!! :D

I'm Oct. 22, 2013 applicant and from Calgary as well. Hoping I get everything as fast as you including the landing date! I haven't seen many applicants living in Calgary on this forum so was waiting for one to see how long it takes for the interview date.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
mathbes said:
Par curiosité c'est quand ton application received ?

On dirait qu'il traite le monde recu dans le mois d'aout en premier selon le spreadsheet.

Moi ils ont recu mon application le 4 septembre 2013.
Moi c'était le 5 juillet 2013. C'est domage qu'on doit attendre encore plus long. Quand la décision prise, il n'y a rien à vérifier mais il nous fait attendre encore et encore...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gfdvca said:
...And for your viewing pleasure, Chris Alexander's weak response to a pointed question about inland sponsorship today in the house of commons (thanks to the producers of "The Backlog" Documentary for this). Starts at 38:17

[39:10] when he says (with a straight face):

"We have the best immigration rates in the history of Canada"

WTF? The question directed towards him was specifically regarding those that are IN Canada.

There's a big difference between a `weak response' and a `blatant lie'.

*Hmmpf*

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
for anyone interested in attending

Demonstrations in Calgary and Mississauga - Inland Spousal Sponsorship Delay

Inland Sponsorship
Mar 12, 2015 — Following the successful demonstration that was hosted on March 1 2015 in front of CIC Headquarter Building in Ottawa, the Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners group is organizing the other 2 demonstrations in Calgary and Mississauga this month.

Link to the protest in Ottawa reported by media: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/photos-citizenship-immigration-demonstration

The next 2 demonstrations will be hosted on Saturday, March 21st at 1:00pm at Calgary City Hall (Municipal Complex) 800 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary and on Friday March 27th at 1-3PM at CPC-Mississauga 2 Robert Speck Parkway Mississauga L4Z 1H8 in order to educate Canadian general public on the issues of the immigration processing delay that affect thousand Canadian families, and to call on immediate changes for Inland spousal sponsorship AIP backlog (currently at 18 months).

To register for Calgary demonstration (March 21) click here http://goo.gl/NM8iJ7
To register for Toronto-Mississauga demonstration (March 27) click here http://goo.gl/Q8LIvW

Both events have been approved by the cities.

On March 11 2015, during Question Period at the House of Commons, when asked by MP Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe about the Inland spousal sponsorship backlog and if CIC has any plan to clear this backlog, Minister of Citizenship & Canada Chris Alexander stated that his government is "very proud" of his current immigration system and reforms.

gfdvca said:

Btun

Oct 20, 2014
Hey Jayshe25
Finally I had a successful landing interview and now I'm officially a PR!

The interview was very simple, my meeting was at 2:30pm but my wife and I arrived 2:00pm

2:15 came a very friendly agent asking for me and she took us into an office and the very first question was: do you have plans to travel outside Canada? I answered no then she said: great because you can't until you receive your PR Card.
After that, all was very smooth and easy going conversation, she explained some obligations and rights; then she asked the very famous questions:
1. Have you committed any crime
2. Have you ever been deported/asked to leave Canada
3. Do you have dependants

She was a very nice person and gave us some advise about Canada, SIN, Maladie, etc.

We were in n out in about 1hour. Now I can sleep like a baby hahahahaha

Also she said the PR Card could come in less than 5 weeks

When is your landing interview? Tomorrow?

PS, There were no more couples but us.

jayshe25 said:
Daizey and Btun any news? What are the questions immigration montreal! It is the same in the other city?

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Btun said:
Hey Jayshe25
Finally I had a successful landing interview and now I'm officially a PR!

The interview was very simple, my meeting was at 2:30pm but my wife and I arrived 2:00pm

2:15 came a very friendly agent asking for me and she took us into an office and the very first question was: do you have plans to travel outside Canada? I answered no then she said: great because you can't until you receive your PR Card.
After that, all was very smooth and easy going conversation, she explained some obligations and rights; then she asked the very famous questions:
1. Have you committed any crime
2. Have you ever been deported/asked to leave Canada
3. Do you have dependants

She was a very nice person and gave us some advise about Canada, SIN, Maladie, etc.

We were in n out in about 1hour. Now I can sleep like a baby hahahahaha

Also she said the PR Card could come in less than 5 weeks

When is your landing interview? Tomorrow?

PS, There were no more couples but us.
My landing is on Monday did they ask some questions to the sponsor?

Btun

Oct 20, 2014
jayshe25 said:
My landing is on Monday did they ask some questions to the sponsor?
They asked my wife if she is still willing to sponsor me and if she was aware of the condition 51. But that it's all they had to say to her, they only asked for her I'd (Maladie card was fine)

Don't worry, it was simpler than I thought.

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

I am a Novermber 27, 2013 applicant ( no AIP yet ). I have extended my visitor visa once which is gonna be expired within a month. I applied for a work permit within the new pilot program on Jan 30, 2015.
1. Do I need to extend my visitor status in order to maintain my legal status ?
2. I haven`t received anything that they have received my work permit application , is it normal ? how long should it be taking in the pilot program ?

Thanks

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
[39:10] when he says (with a straight face):

"We have the best immigration rates in the history of Canada"

WTF? The question directed towards him was specifically regarding those that are IN Canada.

There's a big difference between a `weak response' and a `blatant lie'.

*Hmmpf*
I'd say his response was weak, lazy, and stupid.

Although the truth would be that they're too lazy to try and fix the problem, so I doubt anyone would want to hear that either.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Btun said:
They asked my wife if she is still willing to sponsor me and if she was aware of the condition 51. But that it's all they had to say to her, they only asked for her I'd (Maladie card was fine)

Don't worry, it was simpler than I thought.
What is the condition 51? My husband doesn't know that what is he going to answer?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys, is there an August 2013 applicant that still waiting their DM's or I'm the only one left? I wanted to fax some document to Mississauga but I'm not not sure if I have to add 1 before the first 3 digits. Can anyone please tell me. I'm losing my mind. I sent out my document on February 26,2015 with express post and supposed to arrive in two business days but I keep tracking online with tracking number but says has not arrive yet. So I called CIC and the lady told me to fax the a letter explaining that I have mailed my additional document. Sigh I yell you this whole process never been easy for me at all.
Please help!

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
wictory said:
Hi,

I am a Novermber 27, 2013 applicant ( no AIP yet ). I have extended my visitor visa once which is gonna be expired within a month. I applied for a work permit within the new pilot program on Jan 30, 2015.
1. Do I need to extend my visitor status in order to maintain my legal status ?
2. I haven`t received anything that they have received my work permit application , is it normal ? how long should it be taking in the pilot program ?

Thanks
hello! Yes you have to extend your visitor status. You need to apply for extension before your actual status runs out. If the processing takes longer...don't worry...then you re on implied status until you receive your new visitor visa. Also you can stay assured that they ll process the OWP applications but it ll take a couple of months. I sent my on 27 January 2015 and also haven't heard a thing. It's normal I guess. The common advise...sit and wait! ;) good luck