20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys, how do I pay my RPRF and how much?
Thanks.
490 dollars. You can pay this online or pay at a financial bank. You must order receipt IMM5401 from CIC first and use this to pay it at bank.

You can also pay it at the local CIC office. You would have to make an appointment first.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
So if I pay through the bank I have to send the receipt to CIC right? It's because I think I have to pay this stuff now since they are telling me on my AIP letter to pay as soon as possible.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Princess029 said:
So if I pay through the bank I have to send the receipt to CIC right? It's because I think I have to pay this stuff now since they are telling me on my AIP letter to pay as soon as possible.
You can pay for it through the bank but you must order the receipt from CIC first and use it to pay at bank. I don't know how long it would take for the receipt to arrive in the mail from CIC. It is generally favorable for everyone if they pay it online through credit card.

Not sure why they are asking you to pay for as soon as possible in your AIP letter. You won't be able to land as PR until you pay the Right to PR fee first. Some CIC offices allow you to pay for it at your landing, other don't have the option to pay it at landing. I can completely understand the paying the Right to PR fee ASAP comment written in the Decision Made letter but not at the AIP letter.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
arsal said:
Hello Guys,

I am from Pakistan. I have applied for student visa last year in November (i was single), i have got rejected and I applied in July again (i was single), and got student visa. When I came to Canada in September I did Nikkah with my family friend (she is a Canadian Citizen and studying) and registered our marriage in Canada in same week of my arrival.

Now, I am wondering, if we will apply for spouse immigration how would i justify this marriage? can they think i mis-informed them?

Second option would be i need to wait to complete my Master's and apply for PR.

Kindly share your comments and experiences.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Hi Arsal,

If I understand you correctly, you were in Canada under a study permit when you married. As such, you had legal status in Canada (as long as you did actually attend an academic institution). If you choose to pursue inland spousal sponsorship you would have to justify the legitimacy of you relationship in the same manner as the rest of us. Photos, letters, phone records, leases, bank accounts etc all help paint the picture for the officer looking at your file.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeBon said:
Hi Arsal,

If I understand you correctly, you were in Canada under a study permit when you married. As such, you had legal status in Canada (as long as you did actually attend an academic institution). If you choose to pursue inland spousal sponsorship you would have to justify the legitimacy of you relationship in the same manner as the rest of us. Photos, letters, phone records, leases, bank accounts etc all help paint the picture for the officer looking at your file.
This issue has come up in other posts where the `student' was no longer attending school, but still had legal status (for the duration of their study permit).

aiho

May 1, 2014
Ponga said:
There's a rumour that CIC is changing their policy (to take effect next month) to now issue OWP with AOR, instead of AIP, for Inland applicants.

If that happens, you should be able to submit your OWP then, because you undoubtedly have your AOR...right?
could you explain to me what is AOR please?
and how long do you think i can get the OWP after i got AOR and submit
thanks a lot

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
aiho said:
could you explain to me what is AOR please?
and how long do you think i can get the OWP after i got AOR and submit
thanks a lot
AOR means "acknowledgement of receipt". Basically it means it is an official record of CIC receiving your application.

Right now, OWP won't be issued until AIP is reached. AIP is "approved in principle". The new supposedly change on approving and issuing OWP after AOR won't take place until sometime in January 2015. Not sure what day.

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
pari7896 said:
Yes I sent all proofs like pictures, address proof and flight tickets etc.
They are asking me for the same
Proof of Cohabitation: Please provide proof of cohabitation
Proof of Relationship: Please provide additional proof of relationship

if may i ask what did you send to have an idea on what to prepare

thank you so much in advance

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Frignanij said:
They are asking me for the same
Proof of Cohabitation: Please provide proof of cohabitation
Proof of Relationship: Please provide additional proof of relationship

if may i ask what did you send to have an idea on what to prepare

thank you so much in advance
when did you submit your application Frignanij?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Honestly, the only reason why they're considering OWP after AOR is because of all the whining and bitching that everyone is doing.

This website, complaints on the phone, twitter, the facebook group. Hell, people were even talking to the head of immigration guy's wife on fb a while back.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Honestly, the only reason why they're considering OWP after AOR is because of all the whining and *censored word*ing that everyone is doing.

This website, complaints on the phone, twitter, the facebook group. Hell, people were even talking to the head of immigration guy's wife on fb a while back.
Isn't that usually how things change...the `noise' overwhelms the people in charge, so they `fix' the system?

Honestly, is there any reason why CIC shouldn't make this change?

For those that say that CIC will now be giving OWP's to those that are only planning to commit spousal sponsorship fraud...their Canadian citizen (or PR) sponsor could be prosecuted if that were the case.

It seems like a win-win to me.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
bankerguy said:
Honestly, the only reason why they're considering OWP after AOR is because of all the whining and *censored word*ing that everyone is doing.

So you consider it whiny that people have been waiting over a year just so some guy can get up off their ass and briefly view through more than 1 application per two weeks? At least these people are making a change. What are YOU doing?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:

Whatever the reason is, the change makes sense and it is OVERDUE!

CBC Go Public will feature Inland sponsorship delay in many of their programs all day long on Monday Dec 15. You will be shocked to see how far the Facebook group has pushed this Inland thingy.

Did the folks who set up Petition page and FB group got laughed at? They left this forum and begin their own things and fight for everyone. If we have no encouraging words for their works, why criticize them for doing things many here wont do but will benefit from?

Do you know how many letters, how many MP visits these FB people made on weekly basis? I would say at least one thousand emails sent out from the people there to the government to lobby for this OWP policy change.

pari7896

Jun 9, 2014
Hello guys!!!!

I got this letter today . And I guess its AIP.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent

residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that

a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent

resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks

for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they

are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident

until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of

your stay in Canada.

Decision on Your Work Permit Application

You will receive separate correspondence regarding your work permit application.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer

payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be

granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.

If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as

possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on

how to pay this fee, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

I am confuse again is this AIP? and also what is Right of Permanent Residence Fee?