10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
With the OWP policy change, they probably wait till January to do everything all at once. AIP is very quiet these days. Please dont criticize me, it's my guess only . Would be interesting to see how they deal with OWP for spouses of foreign students or they will still keep it unchanged. Canada is the only country, I believe, grant OWP to spouses of foreign students. How that benefit Canada? God knows!
I am not criticizing you at all. Don't worry. ;D
I was also "very" surprised - in a non-pleasant way - when I read your facebook post about the OWP for spouses of foreign students. I don't know what kind of idiots come up with that kind of regulation... :p :p

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
I called to an CIC agent this morning. The waiting time for the 2nd stage is 8 months but we wait 11 months already. He sent an email to the CIC center to check it for my file. Will it be helpful when an agent do so? Thanks you for the respond.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
inland applicants from ontario, did u get a photo card? are we eligible for one? i plan to get one so i can present proof to the bank so we can open a joint account

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
civic said:
They received Ministerial instructions on this. Watch for Operational Manual for Inland Processing to be updated. This has been confirmed by more than one agent. :)

Inland sponsorship is the last and only group of PR candidates that does not qualify for OWP upon AOR at this moment. So this is no special treatment, not a "too good to be true". It is just time for the right thing to happen.

I didn't know this part "Inland sponsorship is the last and only group of PR candidates that does not qualify for OWP upon AOR at this moment."

Thanks.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
I am not criticizing you at all. Don't worry. ;D
I was also "very" surprised - in a non-pleasant way - when I read your facebook post about the OWP for spouses of foreign students. I don't know what kind of idiots come up with that kind of regulation... :p :p
Huh? what facebook post?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lsj2767 said:
I didn't know this part "Inland sponsorship is the last and only group of PR candidates that does not qualify for OWP upon AOR at this moment."

Thanks.
Now you know. Note that we are talking about Inland Permanent Residence Apps.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
Huh? what facebook post?
My bad. The change.org post "The fastest shortcut way to work in Canada". It's you who posted, no?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
My bad. The change.org post "The fastest shortcut way to work in Canada". It's you who posted, no?
Nope. But I read it.
I heard about this policy long time ago. Most of my Korean and Japanese friends at university had their spouses here as workers with this OWP visa. Some Chinese friends brought wife and children to Canada and have free school free health care too. But I didnt care much about this policy until one day when I fall in love with a foreign spouse and my spouse is not allowed to work haha

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
Nope. But I read it.
I heard about this policy long time ago. Most of my Korean and Japanese friends at university had their spouses here as workers with this OWP visa. Some Chinese friends brought wife and children to Canada and have free school free health care too. But I didnt care much about this policy until one day when I fall in love with a foreign spouse and my spouse is not allowed to work haha
I wish I was one of those Korean foreign students. It's too bad I AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN. :'(

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
JohnnyP said:
If this is true, I would be happy for all of those who apply now, but it's not "fair" - that's the only word I can think of - for applicants who've been waiting OWP for 16 months now and still don't have any news.
This is something that many of us have been advocating fora long time - this is good news. I would think that anyone who already has AOR could get it then.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
This is something that many of us have been advocating fora long time - this is good news. I would think that anyone who already has AOR could get it then.
Yeah, I know and I understand. I would be really happy to see it happen as well.
On the other hand, I wish they would "compensate" people like us (2013 July - Sep applicants), who's been the biggest victims of all applicants for having to wait 16 months because of their screw-up.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why does the 2nd stage take 8 moths, It doesn't make ANY SENSE...

They have the Police and Medical checks right there in front of them yet it still takes them 8 months for them to process that, I just don't understand.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Why does the 2nd stage take 8 moths, It doesn't make ANY SENSE...

They have the Police and Medical checks right there in front of them yet it still takes them 8 months for them to process that, I just don't understand.
Yes they have the police and medical checks right in front of them along with thousands of other applicants with medical and police reports in front of them. So it could (not likely) takes 8 months to go through the applicants before they get to yours.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hello y waiting buddies,
I just want to give you an update on my situation. Although I got my AIP letter, they did not process my OWP, I don't know why. it seems like the officer just forgot......
so I called and they (agents from the call center) have sent an email to request what was happening to my OWP, which should have been issued t the same time. I followed up last week and was told to wait a bit longer. You do understand that I could not wait weeks and weeks, so I called again today.
It is just so discouraging: I was told that the office has 3MONTHS to check the email and answer the request from the call center!!! I feel literally destroyed by this answer!!! I never thought that following my love to his home country and giving up a very good job back home that it would be sooooo difficult to settle down here in Canada. 3 more months, it seems an eternity to me. I feel so sad that I think of retrieving my application and going back to Europe and applying from there . I would have been done twice already!!!!