+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Nov.2013

Oct 6, 2014
Hi everyone!

It seems like inland apps sent after Sept/Oct 2013 won't be finalized until around this time next year - nearly two years in total if they keep at this rate… although the recent movement is something!

That got me thinking about the additional conditional permanent residence status for couples who've been in a relationship for less than two years. Does anyone know which date CIC considers when deciding whether a couple will receive conditional PR? Is it the "when you entered your common-law relationship" date or will they look at the relationship (dating incl.) as a whole?

Also, is it true that the time an applicant has lived in Canada prior to PR counts as "half days" towards citizenship?

I really appreciate everything I learn from you all in this forum. Thanks a million!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Nov.2013 said:
Hi everyone!

It seems like inland apps sent after Sept/Oct 2013 won't be finalized until around this time next year - nearly two years in total if they keep at this rate... although the recent movement is something!

That got me thinking about the additional conditional permanent residence status for couples who've been in a relationship for less than two years. Does anyone know which date CIC considers when deciding whether a couple will receive conditional PR? Is it the "when you entered your common-law relationship" date or will they look at the relationship (dating incl.) as a whole?

Also, is it true that the time an applicant has lived in Canada prior to PR counts as "half days" towards citizenship?

I really appreciate everything I learn from you all in this forum. Thanks a million!
CIC uses the date when the application was received to determine Conditional PR status. It won't count time accrued since that point.

Current citizenship rules state that yes, your days prior to PR status do count as half days. However, next year, I think in June, the rules to acquire citizenship change and with that you will loose those days because of all the changes they've made. There won't be any 'grandfathering' in for those who started counting before the new rules. The new rules will apply to ALL who have not yet applied for citizenship on that date.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Nov.2013 said:
Hi everyone!

It seems like inland apps sent after Sept/Oct 2013 won't be finalized until around this time next year - nearly two years in total if they keep at this rate... although the recent movement is something!

They count it from the first day you start living under one roof.
Half days count for students and temporary workers, not for visitors...I guess so

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
You don't need to pay the RPRF fee as stated by another member. That was included in the 1040 that you already paid. The only other fees you might incur other than medical might be fingerprints for the police check if you haven't done that yet (I suggest you do this ASAP if you have not)and photos for your PR card itself once you've complete the process and are ready to land. They usually require new photos to bring to your landing interview.
Thank You, the fingerprints is for Canada check right?! I have never took fingerprints in Canada. I am a September 2013 applicant, should I wait for them to request?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Website tells now 14 months.. it has been increasing from past 6 months, in Feburary when I looked it showed 7 months, now doubled.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Smsm81 said:
They count it from the first day you start living under one roof.
Half days count for students and temporary workers, not for visitors...I guess so
That is not true. My wife was considered to be a visitor while waiting for PR sponsorship. She too can claim her days as visitor towards her citizenship qualification as well. All visitors, students and temporary workers all can claim their days prior to landing as PR as half days.

Screech339

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Any guesses on what this week will bring? Double the AIPs of last week?? ;D ;D

We are going to get into August double digits? *fingers crossed*

This COULD be the week I find out if perhaps they are in such a rush to get our AIPs out we will just get approved, they will ignore our little issues, since it is evident we are a real couple, and just give our AIP instead of transferring us to Etobicoke. I feel sick with stress about this..... Please cross your fingers for me, and send positive vibes our way.....And to everyone waiting!! :)

ROLLLL ON AIPs....!!!!!!!! ;D

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
A new week!!pls more AIP & DM!!
Guy as my Medicals are already expired, this week I planing to redo it again. Anybody else going through same situation resently who can give some advises??
Should I explain to the doctor than I already submit my app & ask for upfront Medicals again??
Also after we send our app, we have been collecting some extra support documents and more pic from our relationship than We would like to send together with the copy of my new medical to mississauga, do you think is good idea??
Shod we send it ourself or through our lawyer??
& to which adreess??
You advise will be appreciated, thanks.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
There you GO!!!!!!AIP for AUGUST 9, 2014. More AIP OWP and DM please CIC.. keep moving!!!!

Congrats!!!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
hshi said:
new AIP here, just received this morning. My AOR is Aug.9, 2013.. good luck
Congratulations! The start to a promising week!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Congrats!!!

btw - anyone knows why the spreadsheet doest not indicate AIP for Jayshe and Rvaburay? I think they did receive AIP last week and Daizey got communication about her application from CIC...

hshi said:

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
hshi said:
YAAAYYY!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Congrats!! More movement!!

Wouldn't it be amazing to start getting AIPs in the August double digits..?!?? As in the 10th and up??

Ayyyyy!!!! I'm getting excited!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
azarme09 said:
Congrats!!!

btw - anyone knows why the spreadsheet doest not indicate AIP for Jayshe and Rvaburay? I think they did receive AIP last week and Daizey got communication about her application from CIC...
Maybe we need to email that info to inlandapplications2014@gmail.com

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
OMG OMG OMG

I just looked at the spreadsheet, there is only Trinityy between myself and hshi!!!!

Wow!!! *fingers crossed*

And we will need Tilikun to show up with AIP too! :)