20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TorontoCouple said:
Thanks Screech. Did you even try and visit a large, 'public' (government run) Service Ontario? Appreciate the detail. Thanks again.
Well we were in no hurry to go elsewhere since the review board response was within 6 weeks and the OHIP wouldn't have kicked in for another 3 months after AIP date. By the time we gotten the official approved decision response from OHIP review board, we still have another 1.5 months before OHIP kicked in.

If we had waited close to 3 months after AIP before applying for OHIP, I would have went to different ontario service offices until I get one accepted. I wouldn't want to wait 6 weeks after OHIP suppose to kick in to get an response.

Besides, I wanted to go back to the OHIP office where we got denied and "rub it in the agent's face" (went to the same agent that denied us) that we were right and they were wrong.

Screech339

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
screech339 said:
Well we were in no hurry to go elsewhere since the review board response was within 6 weeks and the OHIP wouldn't have kicked in for another 3 months after AIP date. By the time we gotten the official approved decision response from OHIP review board, we still have another 1.5 months before OHIP kicked in.

If we had waited close to 3 months after AIP before applying for OHIP, I would have went to different ontario service offices until I get one accepted. I wouldn't want to wait 6 weeks after OHIP suppose to kick in to get an response.

Besides, I wanted to go back to the OHIP office where we got denied and "rub it in the agent's face" (went to the same agent that denied us) that we were right and they were wrong.

Screech339
Haha! Yes, we would love to do the same...

Only after that rejection and subsequent reading did I ever notice they won't give OHIP until 3 months after AIP!???
What if we were covered in another province... it shouldn't take 3 more months as we had coverage in BC up until August! (When they cancelled both of our coverage)
We've been resident in Ontario since the middle of June.

Anyway maybe we will write to the board just in case it's required... any summary of that process you can provide would be awesome. (Did you send the e-mailed letter, by registered or regular mail, any ID required, etc.)

Thanks again Screech, appreciate your time.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Wow. Disappointing. They did the "Oct.15th" update on the site...still on Aug.2 and 13 months....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ACS said:
Wow. Disappointing. They did the "Oct.15th" update on the site...still on Aug.2 and 13 months....
Mathematically challenged. August 2, 2013 to October 15, 2014 is almost 14.5 months.

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
It's really frustrating and incomprehensible

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Guys monday last week was public holiday, and
the website is updated from wednesday but they only
Show the update on mondays even though they had just
One day of work before the update an august 6 applicant received AIP
So I dont think we should feel to negative
About this

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
I am wondering how many more sing this petition? & when we will hear something!!!
http://petition.ndp.ca/inland-sponsorship

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
seanbeck1 said:
IM SO HAPPY. FINALLY GOT WHAT I THINK IS DECISION MADE!!!

I received an email saying:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

I guess i just wait for my interview date now? Does anyone know how long after DM i will receive my interview date, and how they will inform me of it (email/letter?)

SO HAPPY! I APPLIED IN MARCH 2013!!! AND I DID ALL THE PAPERWORK ON MY OWN. NO LAWYERS AT ALL. SAVED MYSELF A FORTUNE!
Congrats!:)
The landing is usually 2 weeks - 2 months after the DM, you should get your letter soon.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TorontoCouple said:
Haha! Yes, we would love to do the same...

Only after that rejection and subsequent reading did I ever notice they won't give OHIP until 3 months after AIP!???
What if we were covered in another province... it shouldn't take 3 more months as we had coverage in BC up until August! (When they cancelled both of our coverage)
We've been resident in Ontario since the middle of June.

Anyway maybe we will write to the board just in case it's required... any summary of that process you can provide would be awesome. (Did you send the e-mailed letter, by registered or regular mail, any ID required, etc.)

Thanks again Screech, appreciate your time.
That's the Ontario OHIP rule that applies to everyone applying for OHIP coverage. All PRs, PRs to be (after AIP) and Canadians. There is a 3 month wait after you move to Ontario. The AIP letter is the official "move to Ontario" that OHIP will go by. Coverage from other provinces covers 3 months after move to another province. This allows overlap so the applicant won't end up footing the bill.

We sent a fax to the review board. We wrote a letter detailing our experience at the Ontario Service. And also wrote that CiC only issues email AIP and no longer send paper AIP mail any longer. We submitted a copy of the pamphlet detailing the "qualifications" for OHIP eligibility requirements circling the one that says "written letter of confirmation from CIC for PR qualification". We also submitted a copy of AIP from CIC.

6 weeks later, they sent back a letter detailing that my wife is approved for OHIP coverage. Had to show this letter and AIP letter together at the booth to get them to approve it. The OHIP coverage would be temporary "1 year" coverage". If my wife didn't land before OHIP expires, we would have to show same original letters, the AIP email printout and the official review board approval for another 1 year renewal. Was told by agent that when my wife lands as PR, come back to Ontario Service and update info to make it a 5 year coverage.

Screech339

Littlesoldier

Oct 6, 2014
I am thinking since cic website is disclosing WRONG and MISLEADING information, i.e. 13 months instead of 14.5months, where can we complain about it? Is there any independent department which handle complaints about the government?

It is indeed a serious fault, no matter it is due to careless or laziness, still unacceptable. When people decide to submit inland / outland applications, they do look at the time frame first, this is a crucial and key factor which can much affect the important decision.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
complaining about that is not going to help anything don't want to sound mean but let's just leave CIC alone for one week maybe then they will have more time processing applications

Oct 20, 2014
robytheron5506 said:
complaining about that is not going to help anything don't want to sound mean but let's just leave CIC alone for one week maybe then they will have more time processing applications

Forgive me robytheron5506 but I disagree with you. Last week was shorter due to the holiday on Monday however that's not an excuse not to actually work. If any of us did this at our job we would be fired by now!

Littlesoldier

Oct 6, 2014
robytheron5506 said:
I understand what you mean. But the situation has been going on for more than 1 month, while on the website they said the update is done every week. As a taxpayer and part of the country, I think I am going to find a way to voice out, in order to help the government to improve and also save some potential applicants in case the situation continues. This are just my own thoughts.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Littlesoldier said:
I understand what you mean. But the situation has been going on for more than 1 month, while on the website they said the update is done every week. As a taxpayer and part of the country, I think I am going to find a way to voice out, in order to help the government to improve and also save some potential applicants in case the situation continues. This are just my own thoughts.
We are working on bringing attention to this. There is a petition, a Facebook group, a Twitter account.

You can also feel free to contact the media, such as the Toronto Star's Immigration reporter: Nicholas Keung (nkeung@thestar.ca) with your story and the situation.

I would advise to tell your story in the most matter of fact way possible without resorting to anger and threats. Though it is tempting, that never puts our story out there in a positive light. :)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
princesultan said:
august 6.

how long does stage 2 take? is it really 8 months?
I'm on my 10th month of step two. "Thank you for your patience", they told me once I got lucky at the call center.