03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
gfdvca said:
Daizey, which number did you call to find this info? And do you know which numbers to press to get through the prompts?

Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't call...someone on the facebook page had mentioned it so that's where I got the info from. :)

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
so me and my common-law partner called the CIC this morning since her Post Grad Work Permit is expiring soon and a few people on here said they got letters from the CIC regarding implied status.
Yes, there's a official letter CIC agents send when questioned about implied status, I have received this letter when I first applied. The letter does not explicit say you can continue working though, it only explains implied status itself. Most of employers in Canada are familiar with implied status, as long you don't change jobs you don't need to extend your temporary SIN number, which I believe is not possible anyway, without a new work visa. That said, implied status allow you to have the same rights as the visa you previous had (so a worker can work, a student can study), BUT, IEC and PGWP are not extendable visas, therefore, a lot of people believe you can not continue working while on implied status with non-extendable visas, even if the agent on the phone say you can continue working, because they don't really know the rules for different work visa types. Most people don't work on implied status if their former visa was IEC and PGWP because of cases where CBSA indicate the person was illegally working.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pocq said:
Hi Guys,

Finally after I talked with the Call Center yesterday, (i just complained and the call center guy just said.. please wait.. it should come soon),
my wife got an email from CIC and told my wife that the process is completed and they will contact her about the interview.

I guess the end of our waiting is almost done :)

Thanks everyone for the support
Congrats for your DM!:) Which one is your landing office?

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gfdvca said:
Daizey, which number did you call to find this info? And do you know which numbers to press to get through the prompts?

Thanks!
You just have to choose to check application process, and then sponsorship, they first will say if it's outland to call a number, if it's inland "if you applied after august 20 2013 you application still not in process". Let's hope this date changes every week!

Nov.2013

Oct 6, 2014
Hi everyone :)

My partner and I applied for inland sponsorship last November and, since we're nearly (hopefully!) halfway or so through the process now, we won't reapply for outland. But could someone explain to me how the sponsored applicant can apply outland when they live in Canada? I've looked around for answers but I don't understand it. I guess I'm thinking about it too simply (i.e. apply inland if you live inside of Canada/outland if you live elsewhere).

Thanks!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Nov.2013 said:

My partner and I applied for inland sponsorship last November and, since we're nearly (hopefully!) halfway or so through the process now, we won't reapply for outland. But could someone explain to me how the sponsored applicant can apply outland when they live in Canada? I've looked around for answers but I don't understand it. I guess I'm thinking about it too simply (i.e. apply inland if you live inside of Canada/outland if you live elsewhere).

Thanks!
as long as applicant is not canadian they have right to chose outland , http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp you see have form there Part 2: Immigration forms the part 3. inland vs outland some region are much slow so that why they apply inland and you can apply OWP( open work permit) in canada. but once you apply inland must stay in canada until all process finish and applicant can't work until stage1 finish and get their OWP( remember have to sent OWP form together ). and yes alot ppls don't know they can apply outland too

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Nov.2013 said:

Thanks!
it's because applying outland doesn't have to do with where an applicant is LIVING. It is based on where the applicant's home country is and where the application will be processed. A person can have an application processed at their home country's visa office when they are IN canada as a visitor, worker or student. The only "risks" are if an interview is called, the applicant needs to return to their home country for it or if the applicant's work permit expires, they can't continue to work. For some, this can be a financial burden and reason enough to apply Inland. Outland is actually the recommended route for spousal sponsorship according to CIC, as inland is seen as a "special rule" for those who are in canada with their families. Why CIC doesn't put this in big, bright, red letters in the inland application instead of a one liner most people don't even see, i don't know.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
When did you apply?

pocq said:
Hi Guys,

Finally after I talked with the Call Center yesterday, (i just complained and the call center guy just said.. please wait.. it should come soon),
my wife got an email from CIC and told my wife that the process is completed and they will contact her about the interview.

I guess the end of our waiting is almost done :)

Thanks everyone for the support

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Here's hoping we hear of at least one more AIP today before the long weekend! I really hope so! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Daizey said:
Here's hoping we hear of at least one more AIP today before the long weekend! I really hope so! :)
Would be great if it's yours Daizey!!! :D :D

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:
Would be great if it's yours Daizey!!! :D :D
If not today, I'm sure pretty soon! This waiting can't go on forever, lol. :p

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
bankerguy said:
so me and my common-law partner called the CIC this morning since her Post Grad Work Permit is expiring soon and a few people on here said they got letters from the CIC regarding implied status.

The agent was a little rude... she said "we dont issue such letters" (lie) "but i will send you an email...print it out and she can show it to her work so that she can keep working while you wait for AIP"

then i said " if this letter isnt enough what can she do??? her sin is technically like expired"

then the cic agent said "she can call service canada and request that they extend her SIN"

Has anyone heard of this before?? is it possible??

here is the short email she sent my common law partner

Please do not reply to this email.

Name: Ms. pretty lady
Date: 2014-10-09

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g. for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.
I tried to extend SIN with the email. They wouldn't do it because without expire day of the work permit, their software even can't allow then do it.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
nurse2012 said:
I tried to extend SIN with the email. They wouldn't do it because without expire day of the work permit, their software even can't allow then do it.
You don't need to extend a SIN number under implied status. If you have implied status you keep using the same SIN number till you get a new immigration document then you get an updated SIN. From the Service Canada website

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/employers/expiry.shtml

Now with a PGWP many people have stated you don't get implied status because it's not an extendable visa but that is another story.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:
Please do not reply to this email.

Name: Ms. pretty lady
Date: 2014-10-09

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g. for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.
Looks like this is just a generic email and doesn't address your specific situation unfortunately.