+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Linden said:
What are the restrictions stated on your PGWP? I think you'll get AIP anyway before PGWP expires.
None that I'm aware of. It just says not guarantee re-enrry, but I hold a temporary resident visa as well as I'm from Mexico and you need it to travel in and out if Canada. It's pretty confusing the whole PGWP situation, I just hope I get the ARP before October!

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Oh my God that thread made me want to throw up a little bit. WHAT THE **ELL*??? That is SO unfair for those people who had that problem. Their whole application denied because of some technicality. It makes me sad. I hope they figured it out.

Who knows what is right and what is wrong. I'm going to stop working altogether on August 3rd, after my work permit expires. Good luck to all of you who have been waiting patiently for what seems to be years and years. And hopefully you'll be okay whether working or whether on implied status or not.
All my best wishes.

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Well I just got an email from CIC (went to junk email! ) about my question on PWGP and they referred me to the following link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Does that mean PWGP qualifies as implied status? Haha so confusing. They literally say "please refer to blah blah in regards to your inquiry regarding PWGP. They also sent ne a link to give to my employer if they need to confirm my work status and it explains to employers about implied status for people with SIN that starts with 9. Anyway, still not sure, just sharing the info.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
lellen said:
Oh my God that thread made me want to throw up a little bit. WHAT THE **ELL*??? That is SO unfair for those people who had that problem. Their whole application denied because of some technicality. It makes me sad. I hope they figured it out.

Who knows what is right and what is wrong. I'm going to stop working altogether on August 3rd, after my work permit expires. Good luck to all of you who have been waiting patiently for what seems to be years and years. And hopefully you'll be okay whether working or whether on implied status or not.
All my best wishes.
I know, it sucks! And there is absolutely no common sense here, as anyone who's submitting a PR application and had already been working in Canada should be allowed to keep working and paying taxes, instead of staring at their home walls until it is all over.

In any case, as you said, best of luck to all of us!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Princess029 said:
So I don't need to get a new LMO to keep working with my current employer while waiting my application to be done. Is that correct.? Thnx
Indeed, since you technically have a work permit application in progress, you can still work until you receive an answer to it.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Already. Thank you beholder :)

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
beholder69 said:
It's not a matter of skepticism, it's a matter of facts. I have 2 friends who did the same thing and were caught working illegally. They had status when they filed their PR applications with OWP and the excuse that CIC call centre told us so, didn't go well with CBSA. They had to go home and had their applications cancelled. It's good that you have it in writing, didn't even know they could do that and didn't think of doing that but still not sure how CBSA would take it nor of course if it's the same thing with IEC and PGWP.

I also have good relations with a couple of high ranked SINP officers who were eager to look into it for me and they told me I couldn't keep working, so I've stopped, although the real life examples of my 2 friends were more than enough to convince me anyway. Also it's not the first time government agencies here have trouble working with one another, I have many more examples.

At the end of the day, it's CBSA who send you home, not CIC and their response was that "we don't care what CIC told you in the phone, you didn't have the right to keep working."

beholder69, You mean that CIC allow to work under implied status but CBSA don't allow working under implied status?
Could you tell me how CBSA knew that your 2 friends was working under implied status? Do you know?

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Finally landed yesterday. Hubby is soo happy we can now go back to Vegas and have an actual vacation........

I dont even remember the questions the officer asked me but all I said was no to her to all the questions.. we were done in 10 mins and out... the 1 hour we were given was worth the hour of our lives yesterday :).

I hope you all get a positive answer from CIC soon

God Bless :)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Congrats you must be so relieved it has been a long journey for you now you can get back to living your life enjoy.

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
lellen said:
Someone on PGWP CAN continue working on implied status. IT IS NOT the same thing as IEC. I've said this over and over in the forums and Ponga, you keep telling people the wrong information! Please, people on PGWP, call CIC and have them confirm to you that if you are on PGWP and applied for an OWP along with the inland app, YOU ARE ON IMPLIED STATUS AND CAN CONTINUE TO WORK UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS.

It is so frustrating to see this said again and again when it is false information. I'm sorry, I hadn't said anything the last three times I saw it but I feel bad for the people that get told this! If you don't believe me call CIC, any officer will tell you this.
Yes, I have called three times. They all said that I can still work under PGWP as long as I have applied the OWP before my PGWP expires. However, they also said whether I can continue to work or not is up to my employer, and there is no way I can proof to my employer that I have applied the OWP so as I have implied status.

Now I have a question about the SIN card. If I'm able to work on implied status, but my SIN card will be expired. Without SIN card, they cannot pay me, right? How can I renew the SIN card when my PGWP is expired? Thank you.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
flowergirl2014 said:
beholder69, You mean that CIC allow to work under implied status but CBSA don't allow working under implied status?
Could you tell me how CBSA knew that your 2 friends was working under implied status? Do you know?
I'm really not sure if they allow it or not or if they don't know how to do their jobs as they're supposed to or something else but they sure didn't listen to any of their (legitimate) excuses on the matter. Not sure about how they knew, they were both at the same workplace though at the time, so their guess was somebody called CBSA on purpose. That's why I always try not to talk to anyone about my current immigration status etc

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
nurse2012 said:
Yes, I have called three times. They all said that I can still work under PGWP as long as I have applied the OWP before my PGWP expires. However, they also said whether I can continue to work or not is up to my employer, and there is no way I can proof to my employer that I have applied the OWP so as I have implied status.

Now I have a question about the SIN card. If I'm able to work on implied status, but my SIN card will be expired. Without SIN card, they cannot pay me, right? How can I renew the SIN card when my PGWP is expired? Thank you.
No need to, expired SIN works when you're on implied status, it won't cause any issues at all!

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
Just like to share this with the sponsored person who did not send an open work permit application with their PR application, you can still apply for OWP any time before AIP but only by mail:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit - Permanent Residence under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

As an exception, you can apply for an open work permit if you:

Have applied for permanent residence (PR) under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and your application has been approved in principle*; or
Are a family member** of the person listed above and are included in their application for PR.

To apply for a work permit, you must:

Apply online on our website; or
Send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta;
the application is available on our website.

Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

Please note that you must wait for your work permit to be approved before starting to work.

Also note that if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their PR application, they can send it by mail, at any time while the PR application is in process, by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner at the top of the form. They should also include proof that the PR application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

If you want to apply for a work permit before your application for PR is approved in principle, you will need a job offer letter and an LMO. In this case, you must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:

Responsible for your country of residence;
Responsible for your country of nationality; or
In the country where you have been legally admitted.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre/local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident (PR) status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a PR have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members.

** A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
beholder69 said:
I'm really not sure if they allow it or not or if they don't know how to do their jobs as they're supposed to or something else but they sure didn't listen to any of their (legitimate) excuses on the matter. Not sure about how they knew, they were both at the same workplace though at the time, so their guess was somebody called CBSA on purpose. That's why I always try not to talk to anyone about my current immigration status etc

Thank you so much, beholder69!
I agree with your friends' guess. Maybe someone called CBSA on purpose, otherwise CBSA can't find out that who is working under implied status, I think.
That's scary...