13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
What the hell?? how can they not have updated the system in 2 weeks..thats crazy.

could the first stage actually end up going 13 , 14, 15 months?

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Hey guys.
Been a while since I've posted...

I got an email from CIC Calgary today regarding hubbys 2nd stage interview. In the email attached was a letter saying and I quote "your final determination has been schedualed at the above address on july 23rd from 1 to 2 pm."

It also asks for hubbys pictures and proof that we paid the pr fee.

now my question is, should we be concerned? Can they still reject applications at this time?

we are a bit nervous...

I was told in an email back in April that hubbys pr app has been approved and dm was sent directly from calgary office.

Plz advise and god bless us all :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
rifat said:
Hey guys.

I got an email from CIC Calgary today regarding hubbys 2nd stage interview. In the email attached was a letter saying and I quote "your final determination has been schedualed at the above address on july 23rd from 1 to 2 pm."

now my question is, should we be concerned? Can they still reject applications at this time?

we are a bit nervous...

I was told in an email back in April that hubbys pr app has been approved and dm was sent directly from calgary office.

Answered you on the 2012 thread.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
bankerguy said:
What the hell?? how can they not have updated the system in 2 weeks..thats crazy.

could the first stage actually end up going 13 , 14, 15 months?
I'm with you ! This is getting insane! The worst part about this whole process are the unknowns! There is no indication as to why it would be taking soooo long to get through 1 month of applications....and you are right... at this rate... no need to be worrying about it going to 12 months... they won't be able to avoid 13,14 or even 15, because you can't possible keep up doing the bare minimum for months on end. I'm venting here...but we are just so fed up at this point. How could you be this close, yet so far?!??! ??? ...and to top it off... no movement on the website (the only thing that can tell us anything about our file) for 2 weeks now! Can't call for information, can't contact anyone for the lack in service and information we receive, media didn't seem to influence anything... I mean ... I don't know.. it's a lose lose here.
I guess we just sit and wait .................................

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
5hr3wd said:
Guys some good news! After calling thrice yesterday for little or no use. The third agent told me that after the message they sent to CPC-M about my application passing the date on the website, they replied saying they'll forward the issue to the supervisor while telling me that he went like 'oh it looks like the first stage has been approved just waiting on the letters to be issued' should see them within a week or so.

Long story short: This morning I got my AIP + DM! :D I'm so happy, I was worried my application would get lost.. I was a little out of queue but it's good to know that they're still doing something in there!

I wish you all goodluck. Good news will come for all of us just hang in tight!
Hey
So good to see your good news......have a wonderful life

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Cmathslu and migraine,

So happy to see smileys.......

Enjoy

Take care

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
rifat said:
Hey guys.

we are a bit nervous...

Congratulation!! Did you get the appointment letter through email? I am also waiting for an appointment letter from Calgary office.

What I have heard regarding the interview is just a landing appointment. The DM letter even referred that to appointment not interview. I don't think you have to worry at all. There is a lot of posts as to the landing in this thread and 2012 thread. You may wish to have a look :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Need some advice from seniors or any one of you out there. Thank you

I'm just wondering, my wife ended here contract as Live In Caregiver last July 2013. And now she's a housewife looking after our son an under ML. She had a work permit until September 2014, if her permit expires what will be het status then? Is implied status or nothing? Do we need to apply for her extension visa?

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nismopinoy said:
Need some advice from seniors or any one of you out there. Thank you

I'm just wondering, my wife ended here contract as Live In Caregiver last July 2013. And now she's a housewife looking after our son an under ML. She had a work permit until September 2014, if her permit expires what will be het status then? Is implied status or nothing? Do we need to apply for her extension visa?
She should apply for a Visitor Visa to maintain status or a visa extension, until they give you an answer she would have implied status, if they deny it the extension, they will give 90 days to decide for another type.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
AchankengCrawford said:
What do they say?
a whole lot of words..lol...nothing stood out...it just says things like...
App status: open
app status reason: in progess-spr
criminality: in progress
medical: passed

the above is what i do understand..it's 29 pages of a lot of words

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
She should apply for a Visitor Visa to maintain status or a visa extension, until they give you an answer she would have implied status, if they deny it the extension, they will give 90 days to decide for another type.
So she really needs to apply extension or visitor visa? She will not have implied status with the old work permit??

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
nismopinoy said:
So she really needs to apply extension or visitor visa? She will not have implied status with the old work permit??
Did you include a new OWP permit with the sponsorship application? If you did, then yes, she has implied status. If you did not, then no, her status will expire as soon as her permit expires. If you wish her to continue having a status, then you should apply to extend and/or change the conditions of her stay and have that condition changed to visitor. Only then will she have 'implied' status and that will only last as long as it takes for them to give her a yes/no answer on her extension application. If her application is denied, then she has no status, but that won't affect her inland application. It will only mean that she could potentially get on the CBSA radar and potentially be deported. If her application is approved then there is no worries, she would then have visitor status.

Best of luck.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
islandgirl25 said:
received my GCMS notes...and i am lost lol
How long did yours take to come in?

I'm waiting on mine still.....

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Alurra71 said:
Did you include a new OWP permit with the sponsorship application? If you did, then yes, she has implied status. If you did not, then no, her status will expire as soon as her permit expires. If you wish her to continue having a status, then you should apply to extend and/or change the conditions of her stay and have that condition changed to visitor. Only then will she have 'implied' status and that will only last as long as it takes for them to give her a yes/no answer on her extension application. If her application is denied, then she has no status, but that won't affect her inland application. It will only mean that she could potentially get on the CBSA radar and potentially be deported. If her application is approved then there is no worries, she would then have visitor status.

Best of luck.
Thank you for the reply. Yes we submitted a OWP application together with the sponsorship. So we don't need to apply for extension then because of the implied status?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
nismopinoy said:
Thank you for the reply. Yes we submitted a OWP application together with the sponsorship. So we don't need to apply for extension then because of the implied status?
That is correct. Because you included an OWP she will have 'implied' status once her current permit expires.