Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marvilus said:
We applied as everyone, we sent our application in Vegreville and early this year our file was transferred to Mississauga. We don't know whether it was treated differently or classified as a priority, which I doubt. It's been 8 months now and my guess is we'll receive AIP letter in 2 months (if any) from now. It is possible that CBSA intervention (checking the information) put our file at the top of the pile. It would have been costly for them to continue the removal process.

The hard part for us in the inland process was to get a Police check without a formal ID (passport) and medical background. CBSA finally gave us a copy of her expired passport with their stamp on it. We had to explain to the authorities that her passport was confiscated, which is suspect. But we finally got it. Even OHIP was impossible to get without an ID but we will try again since she received OWP.
Thank you for sharing your history, it's probably a different case since you had removal order to deal with.
At least it was a good short cut, she's here and now can work! :)

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
pritha said:
What date you received your DM? It should be 3-4 weeks after DM..

I got my DM may 13th and i just got a letter on June 5th to have an interview at Etobicoke office in June 11th..
Dm April 15 and nothing since then nothing I dunno why my Medz are valid paid my rprf

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
minime# said:
Dm April 15 and nothing since then nothing I dunno why my Medz are valid paid my rprf
Have you call them? Try to call them again.. Just to remind them..I think what happened in my case is bcause apply OHIP to Service Ontario then the officer there called CIC to check whether my DM letter from CIC is valid or not.. Then the CIC get through my aplication to check it then they send the interview/landing letter to me 2 days after i applied OHIP..

Hope it works!

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
pritha said:
Have you call them? Try to call them again.. Just to remind them..I think what happened in my case is bcause apply OHIP to Service Ontario then the officer there called CIC to check whether my DM letter from CIC is valid or not.. Then the CIC get through my aplication to check it then they send the interview/landing letter to me 2 days after i applied OHIP..

Hope it works!
Ohhh ok I already applied for ohip strange the didn't call anyone.......I will just wait until the 15th then call them only 1 more week to go anyways

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
I don't know if someone ask this already, but kindly share the page if not please give us advice. Some of us here our husband/wife is the only one working, but accident happen, for two weeks my husband was not able to work due to accident. We need to live and pay bills right. Now he is thinking to apply for EI. Since we haven't received our AIP yet (patiently waiting) my question is Can this EI application affect our PR spousal sponsorship application?

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
cmathslu said:
I don't know if someone ask this already, but kindly share the page if not please give us advice. Some of us here our husband/wife is the only one working, but accident happen, for two weeks my husband was not able to work due to accident. We need to live and pay bills right. Now he is thinking to apply for EI. Since we haven't received our AIP yet (patiently waiting) my question is Can this EI application affect our PR spousal sponsorship application?
No My wife is also going on EI soon we have read that EI is not the same as social assistance but why not be safe and call CIC

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
robytheron5506 said:
No My wife is also going on EI soon we have read that EI is not the same as social assistance but why not be safe and call CIC
Thank you, do you know the number to call?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cmathslu said:
EI is not social assistance. Nor is disability. EI is an insurance fund into which both employees and employers pay - not everyone is eligible and the payments are not based upon need, they are based upon contribution. Disability is excluded by regulation.

The definition from IRPR Section 2:

“social assistance” means any benefit in the form of money, goods or services provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance, including a program of social assistance designated by a province to provide for basic requirements including food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care, including dental care and eye care.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April Fajardo said:

Today we receive the OWP we sent with the application in October. A big relief. This confirm the letter. But still no sign from Mississauga. I see more good news coming here.

Application file received on October 21 2013
AOR received on November 27 2013
AIP ???? May 27 2014 (datethe letter sent)
OWP received June 06 2014

Congrats!
This means CIC isworking on October 2013 Applications! Getting there....
Unfortunately it does not mean they working on October Applications, this is not an ordinary case.
They are still processing July 11th... one application per week apparently :(

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
computergeek said:
EI is not social assistance. Nor is disability. EI is an insurance fund into which both employees and employers pay - not everyone is eligible and the payments are not based upon need, they are based upon contribution. Disability is excluded by regulation.

The definition from IRPR Section 2:
Great thank you so much!

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
pritha said:
HI Guys!!

I received a letter from CIC, saying that our interview is going to be held on 11 June 2014 on ETOBICOKE. It's next week!! OMg guys!!! I'm nervous..! :eek: :eek:

What should i bring beside the 2 PR photos and my passport?
I already paid the PR fee in advance, so i'm not worry bout that.

Does my husband need to bring 2 photos as well?

What kind of question that the officer are going to ask us?

oh my GOD!!!

Hello,

I'm landing on June 11 too!!!

I know how you feel, I'm nervous, but I know is the end of all this wait
Then I feel better.

In your landing letter should say what to bring yo the interview.

Mine said: 2 photos, my husband has to attend with a proof of address, and because i have a temporary SIN number, I will bring it with me to get in the same place the permanent one.

For proof of address I'm bringing, letter from our doctor, and bank statements also canada revenue agency notice of assessment.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi mariannamurieta,

What time is your appointment? Yeah I'm going to gather all those stuff tomorrow... shall we exchange email or phone number?

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
Hi guys!

I'm just wondering now... I'm october 2013 applicant, i obviously still have no news regarding my application, I'm on a visitor visa now. I did not submit OWP with my initial application (which I regret now), so could I do it just now? Leaving a note 'do not process until AIP'? Would I get OWP with AIP, or that doesn't save it and I would still receive OWP somewhere around a month after AIP? thanksssssss ;)

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
vaida said:
Hi guys!

I'm just wondering now... I'm october 2013 applicant, i obviously still have no news regarding my application, I'm on a visitor visa now. I did not submit OWP with my initial application (which I regret now), so could I do it just now? Leaving a note 'do not process until AIP'? Would I get OWP with AIP, or that doesn't save it and I would still receive OWP somewhere around a month after AIP? thanksssssss ;)
We have the same situation, which I regret too :(. They adviced me to wait until AIP. You will not going to have OWP with AIP stage, you need to apply. Unless you have LMO, then you can apply WP now.