Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
mariannamurrieta said:
Hello,

I'm a march 2013, applicant and I recieve DM on May 22, says the local office (. Etobioke ) will contact me,
But how long can this take? Anyone here arrived at etobioke, and can share timeline?

Thanks

-Mariana.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc

nadouy2014

Jan 2, 2014
Helo to everyone,

Am March applicant 2013, i received AIP 21st of January 2014, and today i received email DM from Vegreville. The letter says the Immigration Office in Motreal will contact me for my appointment.

I wish all the best for everyone.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
mariannamurrieta said:
Hello,

I'm a march 2013, applicant and I recieve DM on May 22, says the local office (. Etobioke ) will contact me,
But how long can this take? Anyone here arrived at etobioke, and can share timeline?

Thanks

-Mariana.
I'm also a march 2013 applicant dam received April 15th local office etobicoke still waiting for them to contact me

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
bruneian said:
I had my appointment at the MP office. Apparently our email has strong words in it but ours is very toned down a it compared to johnnyP or acheng. (I can't be so mad since I have status til 2016) Just stating the fact about delays that affected us and if they can assist with inquiring our files. It was quick, the lady knew what she needed to know, got us to sign the consent forms and let us know if there are any future correspondence we need to let her know so her file cabinet won't break again from being so full haha. She was funny. She also let us know usually if cic didn't bother us or requested more things then it's usually a good thing and that when they get to our files, then they will. It's first come first serve but we already know that. Our concern were the delays. So she said we will probably hear something from her end of this week.

So yah I recommend writing a quick email to your MP. Your voice will be heard.... unless if your MP is Chris Alexander :s

And also talking to your MP is free! As oppose to hiring a consultant or lawyer. Unless of course your case is complicated, then generally hiring a good immigration lawyer is recommended.

Ps acheng, did you hear anything back from them?
Haven't heard anything yet. I met a person who works for a different MP on immigration issues in Edmonton though at a party and she said if I don't hear from our MP, I can contact her and she will see what she can do. If I don't hear back by Monday, that's what I will do.

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
minime# said:
I'm also a march 2013 applicant dam received April 15th local office etobicoke still waiting for them to contact me

i call the call centre and they told me can take 2 to 4 months to contact us!!!

i really hope not, cause i really want to travel this summer, but if you read past posts people wait 1 month, 28 days, so hopefully that will happen to us!!

let us know when landing letter arrive for you

-Mariana.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
mariannamurrieta said:
i call the call centre and they told me can take 2 to 4 months to contact us!!!

i really hope not, cause i really want to travel this summer, but if you read past posts people wait 1 month, 28 days, so hopefully that will happen to us!!

let us know when landing letter arrive for you

-Mariana.
4 months!!!!! Ridiculous they told me 2......I'm not holding my breath they always slow down during the summer I find. I will keep you posted

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, did anybody from country from where visa is required have experience that passport is expired during expectation of PR?
I applied at the end of January 2014, right now I prolonged visa, but my passport will be expired early December :( And looking at the list I understand that I will not receive PR earlier than at March-May 2015.

And to receive new visa into new passport I need to leave country...
And I can't leave country because I am waiting for PR. :eek:
What to do?

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Rusalka said:
Hi, did anybody from country from where visa is required have experience that passport is expired during expectation of PR?
I applied at the end of January 2014, right now I prolonged visa, but my passport will be expired early December :( And looking at the list I understand that I will not receive PR earlier than at March-May 2015.

What to do?

Not sure but you can talk to your country's embassy in canada or closest embassy to renew passport.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Rusalka said:

What to do?
u can't turn ur visa to visitor visa ?

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Rusalka said:

What to do?
Make contact with your embassy here in Canada. You can renew your passport and they will tell you about your visa in the expired passport.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
another quiet week..... unbelievable .

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
RRSweet said:
another quiet week..... unbelievable .
i am not so sure to call CIC call center... kinda feeling they will tell me so BS or tell me call back another month or months or never call back again...

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
yata520 said:
i am not so sure to call CIC call center... kinda feeling they will tell me so BS or tell me call back another month or months or never call back again...
On the bright side, they just HAVE to pick up speed soon...there's no way they can keep the progress as slow as it's been...they'll have back logs of applications for years! The amount of applications coming in I'm sure isn't going to slow down just because processing is. Try to stay positive guys, at least we have seen SOME progress, even if it hasn't been much. :)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
minime# said:
Me too, March 2013; AIP Jan 14th... but they lost my police certificate, then they found it, then again it wasn't there, but finally after a lot of CIC call center pain in the *ss wasted time, they supposedly found it for good. Of course no DM yet...

Did you send your Permanent Residence Right Fee receipt before you got DM?? I already paid and sent it by email, no reply...

Congratulations!! Must feel somehow like getting your freedom after some years in jail being innocent (never been there though)

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Hi all,

I spoke with a reporter today, and he is eager to write his story on the systemic issues with inland sponsorship; however, he needs rel examples (including names and pictures) of couples affected by the delays. I wanted to have our story published, but my partner is uncomfortable having his picture in the paper. If anyone here is okay with their information being published, please contact him (especially if you're from Ontario). He has been reporting on immigration for 10 years and is an immigrant himself, so he has a lot of empathy for what we are all going through. Maybe anyone who already has DM or has landed might be more confident in talking to the press?

Anyways, I just throw it out there - I know his contact info has been posted here before. This is Canada though and the government certainly is affected by the press and lobby organizations. This could be a way for the government to push for CIC to get moving faster. I just wish my partner shared my thoughts on this.

Nicholas Keung
IMMIGRATION REPORTER
Toronto Star
416-460-7203
nkeung @ thestar.ca