21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Tuesdayc said:
Finally received correspondence from CIC, so I am guessing they received my police certs. The thing is, it doesn't say a decision has been made, just that the application is completed and transferred to the office in my city. Is this DM or am I suppose to be waiting for yet another letter? Just a tad confuse now, especially since I already hae my OWP and CIC sd in the letter that I am eligible to apply for OWP? ??? ??? ???

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in WINNIPEG will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada. "
Congratulations. You received your AIP and your DM in the same letter ;) That is all that it means. Winnipeg will contact you with another letter setting your actual landing date.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Tuesdayc said:
Finally received correspondence from CIC, so I am guessing they received my police certs. The thing is, it doesn't say a decision has been made, just that the application is completed and transferred to the office in my city. Is this DM or am I suppose to be waiting for yet another letter? Just a tad confuse now, especially since I already hae my OWP and CIC sd in the letter that I am eligible to apply for OWP? ??? ??? ???

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in WINNIPEG will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada. "

Congrats! Thats AIP n DM! Just got mine yesterday. In the same format. But separate letter for AIP and DM..

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Tuesdayc said:

congratulations Tuesdayc! you got AIP and DM in the same letter. Now it is time to celebrate! wonderfull news

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Love it when I log in and see all the "Congrats" going on. It means things are finally moving!!
Can't wait to hear more good news on AIP...
Congrats everyone!!!

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Thanks all! It is wonderful knowing that the DM finally came!

@RRSweet - I applied 9 Feb 2013. One of those who waited forever for AIP that finally came end Dec 2013. :) I am actually on line 26 in the spreadsheet.

Can someone update DM date in as May 13th, 2014! Thanks a lot.

8) 8) 8)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
MaxLet said:
FROM: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

What is conditional permanent residence?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

We do not have children, but we have 4 years common law (6 years total relationship, 4 years living together, including marriage)... so why we will be judge only by the time that we have married? why wouldnt they take in account the time common-law? it clearly says "in a relationship" ... if they do put the condition on my PR i will try and protest.. i mean, they are taking my 6 years realtionshio and 2 years married, only as a 2 years marriage, so like if i just met my hubby 2 years ago and married him in a week? NOT FAIR!

Plus, Max is my husband, hahaha :D MaxLet comes by Maxence & Leticia :D lol
I don't believe that your PR would be conditional then, seeing as how you'd been together for longer than two years. Either way, if you were able to provide proof that you'd been in a relationship before you were married, I don't see why you would have condition 51 on your PR.

Here's the quote from CIC:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations) which apply to spouses, common-law or conjugal partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsor and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.
I don't see why they wouldn't count your relationship before marriage as it is just as important! :)

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Question: if I got my AIP can I go to school.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
cmathslu said:
No, I don't think so. Not unless you already had a student visa and can go for an extension. As far as I know, you can only get a work permit, and that's only if you apply. My work permit also states that while I am allowed to work I am most definitely not allowed to go to school. You have to wait until you have PR.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
cmathslu said:
In Ontario you will be assessed domestic fees after AIP. You still need a study permit if your program is 6 months or longer.

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmathslu said:
Actually Cmathslu If you get AIP you can go to school. Instead of applying for an OWP when you get AIP you can apply for a study permit. You would have to have a letter of acceptance from the school you are going to attend. The only downfall is even with AIP some schools still require you to pay international fees.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
jamique said:
Actually Cmathslu If you get AIP you can go to school. Instead of applying for an OWP when you get AIP you can apply for a study permit. You would have to have a letter of acceptance from the school you are going to attend. The only downfall is even with AIP some schools still require you to pay international fees.
Yes this. Ontario is the only province that charges domestic fees after AIP. You just have to follow the instructions to apply for study permit. Another requirement is to show your savings. You need to show you can support yourself for a year at least. Also nice thing is if you're granted study permit you will automatically get an off campus work permit. They just recently changed the rules.

Edit: support yourself AND pay for international tuition fees.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
AckTivity said:
No, I don't think so. Not unless you already had a student visa and can go for an extension. As far as I know, you can only get a work permit, and that's only if you apply. My work permit also states that while I am allowed to work I am most definitely not allowed to go to school. You have to wait until you have PR.
Wow, a lot of holding in our lives... Thank you AckTivity...

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
cmathslu said:
Wow, a lot of holding in our lives... Thank you AckTivity...
Lol read the other posts?nyou CAN apply for a study permit after AIP.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So we know there has been a slight bit of movement FINALLY from the Mississauga office....

Wonder what our chances are of seeing another date than July8...I am soooo tired of seeing July 8...lol

Seems since we got the letters that our files were offficially moved to Mississauga, they must have changed who it is that updates our Processing Time page. They don't seem to update it until Friday or Saturday now, right?!?

Hope to see some more AIPs and DMs on here soon! Congrats to all who have recieved! I LOVE seeing these!!! :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
ACS said:
So we know there has been a slight bit of movement FINALLY from the Mississauga office....

Wonder what our chances are of seeing another date than July8...I am soooo tired of seeing July 8...lol

Seems since we got the letters that our files were offficially moved to Mississauga, they must have changed who it is that updates our Processing Time page. They don't seem to update it until Friday or Saturday now, right?!?

Hope to see some more AIPs and DMs on here soon! Congrats to all who have recieved! I LOVE seeing these!!! :)
Me too, I hope to see new members around my date for updates. you guys will be first to know when I get my correspondence from cic :)