Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
pritha said:
Does the applicant need to file taxes as well ? I'm the applicant but i'm not working, so how do i file my taxes if my income is zero?

by the way, i'm under an assumption that anyone whom get their file transferred to CPC-M is on the 2nd stage although we haven't received AIP. Just my assumption, don't take it as a confirmation.
Hi Pritha,

Technically yes, the applicant should also file if they have been in Canada for more than half the year. You can just write 0 for line 150 (which is total income). If you have a SIN or ITN, you should use that. Otherwise, you can write in 000 000 000 as your SIN and attach an application for an ITN (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/t1261-fill-13e.pdf) in the same envelope. If it is your first time filing taxes in Canada, you cannot NETFILE or do it online, you must send in a paper application. (For tax purposes, you are considered a resident if you've been in Canada for six consecutive months. It has nothing to do with your legal immigration status.)

Fortunately, the government of Canada does not penalise people for not filing taxes on time (sometimes even sending years late) unless they are owing money. As a zero-income person, you will not owe the government money, so there shouldn't be a problem even if you don't file. However, getting your notice of assessment and such can be beneficial later on in life if you need to prove anything regarding your relationship or your time in Canada. Also, your partner must file as married or common-law or whatever. It can be considered tax fraud if they file as single. Plus, it is beneficial to file as married or common-law because you can get tax deductions if you are supporting your partner (as they can claim their personal amount of ~$11,000 dollars which means your partner will not pay taxes for the first ~$22,000 of their income). I am not sure, but I believe it could be confusing for CRA to have someone file as a spouse and then not to get the other spouse's return.

P.S. I hope you're right about CPC-M.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Canuck*soon said:
OMG OMG OMG :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just got THE letter: This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in WINDSOR will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada.
!!! We just got THE call from our rep that states that after we pay the ROPR fee they will schedule our landing appointment! I can't believe it! We are going to pay the fee today!

Dancing around in Ontario! Woo hoo! God bless us all ! Woo hoo!
A HUGE congratulations Canuck* soon!! ;)
You and your partner must have a big relief!!
This whole process is very easy to get discouraged but I believe the long wait time will be an asset for you and your partner.

Hope you enjoy the real journey in Canada!! :D

silenced25

Apr 10, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2013
Anyone here know if we are supposed to give our Background Check + Medical before the initial assessment?
I have been waiting for stage 2 to get them in but I'm starting to worry maybe they need them before that?

Thanks in advance :)

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
CONGRATS!!! :)

Canuck*soon said:

Just got THE letter: This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in WINDSOR will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada.
!!! We just got THE call from our rep that states that after we pay the ROPR fee they will schedule our landing appointment! I can't believe it! We are going to pay the fee today!

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Canuck*soon said:
Thank you so much Danib and God Be With Us! Congratulations Crester!
We are beyond thrilled to be at the last leg of this journey! We began this process by retaining a representative and submitting our original application in November 2011. Our application was returned to us for more information and we lost over a year trying to fulfill that request. Our application was finally resubmitted in March 2013 and learned that our application went to the bottom.
God Bless Us All. Hang in there even if it's taking a very long time!
Thank you Canuck! Hope you can go for landing very soon! God bless you!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Canuck*soon said:
Thank you so much Seed of Abraham. I am a March 2013 applicant. Was your application transferred to Mississauga? My application remained in Vegreville. I pray that everyone begins hearing something soon.
Have you sent for your GCMS notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
it takes 30 days to receive the notes written by officers on your case etc. And will contain due dates (bring forward dates): when they will look up your application and do some work on those dates and it shows what has been done thus far. Best of luck!
I had trouble applying for GCMS notes, they sent back my request saying I need to fill out a bunch of additional forms.

Can some one help me out for getting GCMS notes, WHICH of the drops downs and options do I select to get the GCMS notes?!? PRETTY PLEASE and thanks!!!!!

CONGRATS!!! CAnuck*soon!!!!!! :) Great news, after such a long wait, you deserve it!!!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
silenced25 said:
Anyone here know if we are supposed to give our Background Check + Medical before the initial assessment?
I have been waiting for stage 2 to get them in but I'm starting to worry maybe they need them before that?

Thanks in advance :)
You only need to do them after you get AIP, but your background check must be handed in to CIC within 3 months of being done otherwise it expires.

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Hi ACS, I found a very helpful video make by user828:
How to Order ATIP/GCMS - http://goo.gl/zl3UP
Hope it helps!
Good luck!

ACS said:
I had trouble applying for GCMS notes, they sent back my request saying I need to fill out a bunch of additional forms.

Can some one help me out for getting GCMS notes, WHICH of the drops downs and options do I select to get the GCMS notes?!? PRETTY PLEASE and thanks!!!!!

CONGRATS!!! CAnuck*soon!!!!!! :) Great news, after such a long wait, you deserve it!!!

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Ass2014 said:
I'm new here, someone can help me how can I order GCMS notes?thanks :)
Whats GCMS for?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
April Fajardo said:
Whats GCMS for?
It stands for Global Case Management System. Every time something happens with your file it is documented on this system. Under The Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act you are entitled to request the notes in the system for your file.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Canuck*soon said:

waouhhhh Canuck*soon! That is exciting news!!!! Sooooo Happy for you!!! Yes be happy and dance!!!! :)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
crester said:
Congratulations MaxLet! I haven't had a chance to get access to internet these days. I landed in Montreal today and was just about to tell you guys about this when I saw your good news! So happy for you! :D
Guri, could you please also update the spreadsheet for me? Thank you so much!
congratulations Crester. you are a Canadian PR now and I wish you both a beautiful life in Canada. Now it is time to celebrate. Champagne!!! :)

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Thank you so much :D we are overjoyed !

Guri3577 could you please update the spreadsheet DM 29-04-2014 :D

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Canuck*soon said:

Wow congratulations Cunuck*soon,

Very very happy for you :) we are waiting for hubbys landing letter too now we got decision made too on Monday now jst waiting for hubby to land.... soo many good news God Bless us all :)

MaxLet so happy for you as well congratulations to you too and everyone who has received all the good news from CIC.

:)

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
rifat said:
Wow congratulations Cunuck*soon,

Very very happy for you :) we are waiting for hubbys landing letter too now we got decision made too on Monday now jst waiting for hubby to land.... soo many good news God Bless us all :)

MaxLet so happy for you as well congratulations to you too and everyone who has received all the good news from CIC.

:)
Rifat: Congratulations to you too! It is an enormous blessing!
Congratulations to all of you with great news! God bless us all!