Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
MaxLet said:
Hi guys!
Just to let you know... MY LANDING LETTER IS HERE! :) (well, not the letter with the date, but the weird letter that only Quebec applicants received :p) So yeah! :) Really close to the end!!!
Congrats MaxLet!!! Very happy for you, finally "the" letter has arrived :):)
Very very close to the end!! Yupi!!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
kaira1 said:
How long does it take to get a owp mail? ... Cic told us they sent the letter on april 4, 2014
I got mine in exactly one week. I'm west of Edmonton.

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
AckTivity said:
I got mine in exactly one week. I'm west of Edmonton.
So since i live in ontario.. It might take longer than a week?

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Brazilian Canadian said:
I know!!!! And it looks like they are giving DM's faster, and leaving AIP's behind, unless they're working on the files and will release a bunch of them at the same time, I don't see why to be stuck on the same date since February. I'm also September applicant and things have to start moving!!!
I am really glad for people getting DM! Correct me if I am wrong but at t this point anything coming from vegreville has nothing to do with us, for people who got app transfer to get AIP & DM, Mississauga is our department not vegreville any more.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
kaira1 said:
So since i live in ontario.. It might take longer than a week?
I'm guessing that might be possible, but shouldn't be by too much.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Guanaquito said:
I am really glad for people getting DM! Correct me if I am wrong but at t this point anything coming from vegreville has nothing to do with us, for people who got app transfer to get AIP & DM, Mississauga is our department not vegreville any more.
Yes, i think you are right. Im suspecting those who got aip from june 25 to july 8 were from cpc-v. As long as nobody has received feedback from cpc-m, means that nothing has moved yet in cpcm since the transfer. Its hard to just get lost in this process as no updates whatsoever. At least last year, we knew that it was because of the strike. This year, i do not know. We can only guess.. And while this is happening, here we are waiting for whatever news... I hope these people realize how hard this has been for all of us left in the limbo..

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I HIGHLY doubt this is true. Has anyone gone over the 12 month mark and has not received any information yet? If not, I'd just say stay put. They are not just sitting there. Applicants will be contacted as they complete the process.

shyla36 said:
Yes, i think you are right. Im suspecting those who got aip from june 25 to july 8 were from cpc-v. As long as nobody has received feedback from cpc-m, means that nothing has moved yet in cpcm since the transfer. Its hard to just get lost in this process as no updates whatsoever. At least last year, we knew that it was because of the strike. This year, i do not know. We can only guess.. And while this is happening, here we are waiting for whatever news... I hope these people realize how hard this has been for all of us left in the limbo..

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I don't understand why people are freaking out about not having received any communication from CPC-M. It's not like anyone has exceeded the regular processing time. Especially those who submitted applications less than 12 months ago.

It's okay guys. Relax. I'm sure they are not delaying things deliberately. It's too early to even claim there is a delay in processing.

Grab some beer and just hang in there :)

I submitted my application last week and the next time I will contact CIC will be in the summer when I'll submit my medical, unless they contact me earlier. I won't worry about 0 communication until after November 2014 (8 month mark for me). I believe it would be reasonable for me to inquire at that point if they have even opened my file. For most of you who submitted an application more than 8 months ago it seems that you know for a fact about AOR & transfers etc (since you submitted applications to CPC-V) and that you did receive some communication.

I think I won't post here for a while because there is just too much anxiety going on here. I personally found the call center to be very helpful. Try that if you are really concerned or mail a letter to CPC-M requesting an update.

Good luck!

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Brazilian Canadian said:
I know!!!! And it looks like they are giving DM's faster, and leaving AIP's behind, unless they're working on the files and will release a bunch of them at the same time, I don't see why to be stuck on the same date since February. I'm also September applicant and things have to start moving!!!
[/quote]I am really glad for people getting DM! Correct me if I am wrong but at t this point anything coming from vegreville has nothing to do with us, for people who got app transfer to get AIP & DM, Mississauga is our department not vegreville any more.[/quote]

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth:
I believe that we only see a small portion of the applicants that are going through this process.
I believe that due to a very serious backlog, changes were made including sending Inland files to Mississauga that had not been processed yet. If your file was transferred to Mississauga, Vegreville and it's progress has nothing to do with you anymore and does not affect the processing of your file.
I believe that this will allow Vegreville to make headway on their REMAINING files: including 2010, 2011, 2012, and some 2013 files.
YES, 2010 !!! ( Can you imagine? - they have been waiting approx. FOUR years !!!!)

See the post below from an Inland 2010 applicant that just received an update on their file in January of this year.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......: 23-11-2010
File Transfer...: 19-10-2011
Med's Request: 12-10-2013
Med's Done....: 23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........: 12-09-2013
LANDED..........: Very soon! In Jesus name! Amen!

Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010
« Reply #9832 on: January 29, 2014, 02:33:00 pm »
So after waiting for almost 3 years, me and my husband were approved for the 1st stage last Oct. 2013.
Now, waiting for the 2nd stage...
I phoned CIC yesterday to ask if my background checks are already in process... the lady said it's done...
So I got excited I phoned again this morning to confirm that and the guy said yes, it's done ..I asked the date and he said it was completed last January 16, 2014...
The next step is for CIC Edmonton to contact embassy in Manila for my dependent...
I also emailed Canadian Embassy Manila informing them about this... Still waiting for the answer...
I'm just happy that finally, it's getting closer and closer! I miss my son and I know, this year we'll be together! wuhooo!

I personally am absolutely over the moon to see these applicants / their files make progress! And when my wait seems long, I am just going to remind myself how lucky I have been with my file, and to be a bit more patient :eek:

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
azarme09 said:
I don't understand why people are freaking out about not having received any communication from CPC-M. It's not like anyone has exceeded the regular processing time. Especially those who submitted applications less than 12 months ago.

It's okay guys. Relax. I'm sure they are not delaying things deliberately. It's too early to even claim there is a delay in processing.

I submitted my application last week and the next time I will contact CIC will be in the summer when I'll submit my medical, unless they contact me earlier. I won't worry about 0 communication until after November 2014 (8 month mark for me). I believe it would be reasonable for me to inquire at that point if they have even opened my file. For most of you who submitted an application more than 8 months ago it seems that you know for a fact about AOR & transfers etc (since you submitted applications to CPC-V) and that you did receive some communication.

I think I won't post here for a while because there is just too much anxiety going on here. I personally found the call center to be very helpful. Try that if you are really concerned or mail a letter to CPC-M requesting an update.

Good luck!
Well the 2012/2013 apps have had a pretty rough time with inland apps many delays that have been out of our control ( the strike, tsunami in Philippines, now this CPC-V to CPC-M shift ) so you can understand why people are getting a bit frustrated. And then when CPC-V started smashing through apps a month a week then CIC decides to move everyones apps to CPC-M then send a letter saying this move is going to streamline the process & now both CPC-V & CPC-M have pretty much stopped working it seems like a delay too me unless there is some natural disaster they we don't know about causing the delay.

You applied last week so yeah there is no rush for you but some 2012 applicants have sent everything meds, fee's, police checks & still haven't heard anything.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
woodyc said:
Well the 2012/2013 apps have had a pretty rough time with inland apps many delays that have been out of our control ( the strike, tsunami in Philippines, now this CPC-V to CPC-M shift ) so you can understand why people are getting a bit frustrated. And then when CPC-V started smashing through apps a month a week then CIC decides to move everyones apps to CPC-M then send a letter saying this move is going to streamline the process & now both CPC-V & CPC-M have pretty much stopped working it seems like a delay too me unless there is some natural disaster they we don't know about causing the delay.

You applied last week so yeah there is no rush for you but some 2012 applicants have sent everything meds, fee's, police checks & still haven't heard anything.
+1

Thank you woodyc for making this clear. I really wanted to reply to that post but I couldn't, i didn't wanna aggravate the state of mind i'm trying so hard to keep sane.

But yeah in short, you cannot understand what all of us are going through by just posting your app a week ago. You don't have to but at least don't rub it in everyone face. And even if you've been in the process for the same time as everyone else, it still doesn't mean you're in their shoes. People have different circumstances, some have it a little easier some don't. So please do not judge.

The 8 month time hasn't passed doesn't mean it's all dandy, those times keep changing all the time. No way are those anything to go by when it comes to processing time that they actually take. It used to be 6 months, then it went to 11 months now it's back to 8 but who knows what it'll be next? It's just an average!

Sorry for the rant. It's not easy being patient in all this, I'm sure most of us will understand.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
When i called in to ask the status of my app..she said "well sir its being processed..the wait time is 8 months, please call back toward the end of May to get an update"

i said, i know that my file was transferred to Mississauga....is this going to delay everything?
she said "no sir, its still going to be 8 months"

SO, if what she's saying is true, then maybe once Mississauga starts processing applications, they'll be more easy going and less strict. Maybe they'll pump out aip/dms really fast since they haven't made any progress in the last 6 or 7 weeks but they have to keep to the 8 month wait time.

I wish someone here KNEW someone who actually worked at the Mississauga office and could give us a little insider tip to what the hell is actually going on.

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
kaira1 said:
How long does it take to get a owp mail? ... Cic told us they sent the letter on april 4, 2014
It took about 1 week

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
azarme09 said:

Good luck!
Thanks for your input, but I dont think you know what is the feeling of waiting like its not going to end. You will not understand why people are freaking out unless you are waiting like us for so long. Some people wants to work, some people are waiting for the health coverage, people situation is different from each other all we have in common is wait and be patience. I applied in October 2011 which is the AiP processing time is 11 months and now its 8 month. Do you think its fair for us who wait for 11 months before we hear anything? But what can we do? All we can say is Thank God we made it. Im so happy that most of 2012 and 2013 hear something before me although im a bit jealous. My case is straight forward we are in common law from 2009 then get married in 2011 all information to prove that we are genuine is there. we have 2 kids which is canadian, police certificate inside and outside canada, medical, all the fees are paid but still we have to wait like what people has to do.

To all who are waiting, its going to end just more patience and keep your self busy. And most of all prayers. Congratulation to all of US....

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
xxpazaway said:
Thanks for your input, but I dont think you know what is the feeling of waiting like its not going to end. You will not understand why people are freaking out unless you are waiting like us for so long. Some people wants to work, some people are waiting for the health coverage, people situation is different from each other all we have in common is wait and be patience. I applied in October 2011 which is the AiP processing time is 11 months and now its 8 month. Do you think its fair for us who wait for 11 months before we hear anything? But what can we do? All we can say is Thank God we made it. Im so happy that most of 2012 and 2013 hear something before me although im a bit jealous. My case is straight forward we are in common law from 2009 then get married in 2011 all information to prove that we are genuine is there. we have 2 kids which is canadian, police certificate inside and outside canada, medical, all the fees are paid but still we have to wait like what people has to do.

To all who are waiting, its going to end just more patience and keep your self busy. And most of all prayers. Congratulation to all of US....
Exactly. CPC-V got us all ecstatic when they were plowing through 1 month of apps per week. Personally I would've taken it a lot better if the progress is slow but steady. And not at a complete halt like it is now. I THINK my case is straight forward, no kids but came to Canada at 18 for uni and met my BF then, dated for 3 years (never common law, as this will break my parents' heart and against my own cultural believes). We have a 6 month age gap. He traveled to my home country with me to meet my family while we were dating. We got married as soon as I graduated and moved out into a nice cosy flat here in Edmonton. I think my only red flag is that we both have different racial backgrounds and thus culturally we are different. But our relationship worked because we made compromises like him understanding that i don't want to move in with him until marriage etc. If anything, interracial relationships (or should I say inter-cultural?) makes our day to day lives so much more interesting as we grew to learn more about each other each day.

I am hoping for AIP+DM (who doesnt?) as they were churning that out for awhile but I think they stopped recently. Hopefully things changed again with this delay. And btw my app has passed 8 months and now officially 9 month long.. just called CIC and they said its in progress still and they said if the website still said july 8th so I need to wait until its past my date :(