Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
Congrats Cirene on becoming a Permanent Resident! ;D

I have also landed a PR on Monday in Etobicoke. It all went smoothly. Just had a wait a little over an hour.

Cheers!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Cirene said:
Hello guys!!! :) I just landed in Calgary...

This landing process has been one of the easiest things ever.

First of all the people working there were extremely NICE!

So here is the process:

I got there and went to the receptionist who made sure I was supposed to land today and made sure I paid the RPRF ($490) If you haven't paid the fees yet, you can do it there (everybody was paying there today).

After that my husband and I sat down and had to wait for an officer to call our names (20 minutes more or less)

Hubby and I go into the room and the officer was very nice and asked us how we were and then she explain that I've been approved for PR but the final decision was about to take place, then she asked me:

1. Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime or offence in Canada? - NO
2. Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada? - NO
3. Do you have any dependence? - NO

Then she looked at my husband and asked him

1. Is this your spouse? - YES
2. Is this your first time being a sponsor? - YES (then hubby said "First time and only".. the officer laughed :D)

After that I gave her my pictures and she print my COPR and made me read it for any possible mistakes, then I signed it. She took my passport and put an immigration stamp on it, gave me the COPR and said "Well that's all, congratulations Cirene you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada"

We thank her for her time and that was all guys.. The interview took only 8 minutes!!!

PS: After I get my PR Card on the mail (she said around 2 months) I can get a Permanent SIN, and in the meantime I can still use the Temporary One!

I'm so so sooo happy!
Cirene! I am SO happy for you! :) Was thinking about you and your hubby all day today!

It's completely surreal, isn't it?

I'm tearing up! This is so amazing!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Cirene said:
Thank you AckTivity, you'll be next! You will be landing in Edmonton right ??!!

I'm happy that this is 95% over.. (5%: get the PR in the mail) ;D

Have you heard from CIC ?!
Yep, Edmonton!

I have heard from CIC. But it was to request a medical exam of my adult daughter who isn't coming. So, now we have to wait until her appointment and then wait until they receive it. Hopefully they will move quickly after that!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
sage81 said:
Im happy for you...i can remember when you freaking out...im glad you very happy now..have fun and kiss your hubby lol
Haha.. Yeah I can remember too.. After that, it all came so quick and easy! I'm so happy that is almost over :)

trana said:
Congrats Cirene on becoming a Permanent Resident! ;D

I have also landed a PR on Monday in Etobicoke. It all went smoothly. Just had a wait a little over an hour.

Cheers!
Hi trana, thank you so much and congratulations as well. I'm glad to know it went great for you too!! Amazing feeling!

Mrs_Canuck said:
Cirene! I am SO happy for you! :) Was thinking about you and your hubby all day today!

It's completely surreal, isn't it?

I'm tearing up! This is so amazing!
Mrs_Canuck I thought you forgot about me but I'm glad to know that my waiting buddy is still around :D!

Thank you for thinking about us.. My husband asked me if your husband already landed and I told him that you guys went through the process 2 weeks ago!

Hubby and I will go to Nova Scotia in July for a family reunion, we should get together and celebrate there haha!..

AckTivity said:
Yep, Edmonton!

I have heard from CIC. But it was to request a medical exam of my adult daughter who isn't coming. So, now we have to wait until her appointment and then wait until they receive it. Hopefully they will move quickly after that!
I'm pretty sure it will come quick!!! I'll keep you in my prayers and I'll keep an eye here waiting to hear the good news from you as well..

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kaira1 said:
Thnx Harmin...

Its 45 days since received AIP.. no DM yet... I was checking spreadsheet some ppl got DM very soon after AIP... cant wait any more:(

Its 39 days since applied for OWP... no OWP yet..:(
2nd stage processing time is 8 months or more, you shouldn't be worry...I have been waiting for more than a year now.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Tuesdayc said:
Ok, this is totally non-immigrations related! And completely tax related.

I am trying to file my 2012 returns (despite only being in Canada from Oct 2012) and was wondering if anyone has the same experience. Which form should I be using? The non-resident form or the normal provincial tax form?

Thanks a lot!!!
The none resident form along with your ITN or the temp one if you received your WP. You dont have to fill 2012 unless you are asked to do so or there are some benefits.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
cun said:
what does AOR on the spreadsheet means and how can i b add to it?
AOR : Acknowledgement of Receipt (The AOR is sent by CIC via Email to the sponsor.. It basically says that your application for PR from within Canada has been received by them)

AIP : Approval in Principle

DM: Decision Made

Spreadsheet info: To be added, you need to write this user "Guri3577" he is in charge of the spreadsheet 2013 and he can add you :)

cpaet10

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
hi guys got a letter from my mailbox today from cic edmonton. our interview is schedule on april 28. yay hope its goes well.

confuse11

Mar 30, 2014
Quote from: confuse11 on March 30, 2014, 07:53:41 pm
Need Help
Me and my bf were dating for 5 years and then got married in 2013. Since my parents did not agree with our relationship so we secretly got married to I can sponsor him without my family find out it. Since my family condition was that he needs to get PR first before they agree to our wedding. So I decided to sponsor him secretly. I changed all the addresses but continue living with parents so they wont able to find out coz i was scared they might call immigration and try to screw our application. so everything went smooth we got AIP in Feb and now waiting for DM. so my dad does always my tax so he filed my tax as a single. Although I changed the address with CRA when I asked for Option C but i never told them that i m married coz i did not know until now. Now my dad filed my tax as a single. question is will CIC will find out about it if we filed as a single or wat do we do?
CRA and CIC are government bodies but they are different while dealing with residents. I am not so pro as many
Smsm81 said:
CRA and CIC are government bodies but they are different while dealing with residents. I am not so pro as many fellows here but I assume that CIC wont know about you filling your tax return as single . I dont know about option C as I am in Quebec but if it state anything about your marital status , you then need to write an explanation letter to CIC telling them why you had to fill your tax return as single. otherwise they wont find it out.
I hope CIC wont find abt it :( :( I am very scared

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Cirene said:

So here is the process:

I got there and went to the receptionist who made sure I was supposed to land today and made sure I paid the RPRF ($490) If you haven't paid the fees yet, you can do it there (everybody was paying there today).

After that my husband and I sat down and had to wait for an officer to call our names (20 minutes more or less)

Hubby and I go into the room and the officer was very nice and asked us how we were and then she explain that I've been approved for PR but the final decision was about to take place, then she asked me:

2. Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada? - NO

2. Is this your first time being a sponsor? - YES (then hubby said "First time and only".. the officer laughed :D)

After that I gave her my pictures and she print my COPR and made me read it for any possible mistakes, then I signed it. She took my passport and put an immigration stamp on it, gave me the COPR and said "Well that's all, congratulations Cirene you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada"

We thank her for her time and that was all guys.. The interview took only 8 minutes!!!

PS: After I get my PR Card on the mail (she said around 2 months) I can get a Permanent SIN, and in the meantime I can still use the Temporary One!

I'm so so sooo happy!
Ohhhh Cirene, what a wonderfull post!! i am really happy with you and your husband. congratulations my dear!!! Enjoy your new life in Canada, you deserve it. Sooooo happy for you both, thank you for sharing this wonderful moment with us. good luck for you both and a happy future in Canada :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cirene said:

So here is the process:

I'm so so sooo happy!

Congrats, I am very glad it went so well.

But I understand because of the new Rule that you are not a FULL Permanent Resident yet until 2 years later from now as didn't Canada try and stop people from coming over and leaving their partners? how does that work, do you have another interview in 2 years?

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Tuesdayc said:
Ok, this is totally non-immigrations related! And completely tax related.

I am trying to file my 2012 returns (despite only being in Canada from Oct 2012) and was wondering if anyone has the same experience. Which form should I be using? The non-resident form or the normal provincial tax form?

Thanks a lot!!!
residency for tax purpose is solely depend on the days you lived in the country(Canada) during one tax year which is 1/1/2012 - 12/31/2012 for your case. You need to live here for more than 183 during the period to be determined as "Resident" which do not apply to you for 2012

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Really hoping for people to hear today, or I hope people are actually hearing and receiving AIP, but are just not on this forum. A BIG update would be nice, seeing that they have only moved 13 days in the past 7 weeks! ??? What exactly were they doing before when they were jumping ahead 1 month every Thursday?::) We need CPC-M to get on that roll !!!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Cirene said:

Felicidades Cirene! 

I have a question about some of their questions at the Landing Interview for anyone who knows.

For “Have you ever been refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?” My husband didn’t get the first Visitor’s Visa he applied for. So I believe that would be a “Yes”? Is that going to affect anything?? All the details of the refused Visitor Visa were included in our PR application…
And we DO have dependents…our son….but I can’t see that that would matter.

And for “Is this your first time being a sponsor?” For me, I sponsored my ex husband, but withdrew the application before he was approved. This info is also included in our PR application. So I suppose my answer for this must be “No”…..

Will this cause a problem when landing? I would assume if we get our PR approved, they will already be aware of these since the info was included in our application…

*worried*