Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Hubby will be landing tomorrow and I start a new job shortly after! We'll keep you updated on how everything goes and give you the run down of what went on as soon as we can.

Can't believe this day is already here! Seems like yesterday we sent off our application! :)
Congratulations Mrs_Canuck :) I'll be landing this weekend. It would be great to know how it went for you! Have a nice day!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Mrs_Canuck said:
Hubby will be landing tomorrow and I start a new job shortly after! We'll keep you updated on how everything goes and give you the run down of what went on as soon as we can.

Can't believe this day is already here! Seems like yesterday we sent off our application! :)
good luck Mrs Canuck and congratulations to your husband's PR and your new job. tonight you can celebrate this new milestone in your both lifes.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
sanda said:
Congratulations Mrs_Canuck :) I'll be landing this weekend. It would be great to know how it went for you! Have a nice day!

Congratulations to Mrs_Canuck and Sandra on your wonderful news! That is fantastic!

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
sanda said:
Hi everyone,

I just got AIP, OWP approval, and DM today!! ;D ;D ;D

I'm a May applicant and my application was received on 1st May. I'm listed in the top of May applicants in the spread sheet but any of you may notice, my row in AIP column is greatly skipped. It was not because I haven't updated my info but simply I haven't heard anything at all...

Like a month ago, while May people were getting good news, I just feel like so disappointed and worried. I have been following this thread to see how you guys are going on, but I just decided to put this anxiety in the edge of my mind and filled up my thought with other things such as working on freelance job, catching up with friends, going jogging or just walking around etc..

I kind of felt my process would take up more time than others because of the quality and volume of application package. I called the call center twice in February. The CIC agents said that nothing appeared in my app so just wait for one more week in the first call and for one more month in the second... sighed.

But you know, it's all cleared up today. Such a huge relief and peaceful warm feeling even it's cold raining out here in Vancouver.
I hope all of you have a smooth path to DM, but if it seems fail to ride on the waves, remember my experience and stay positive!!

P.S. I'm feeling CIC is working on the backlogs, some not-easy-to-approve cases like mine.
Congratulations again Sandra on the wonderful news of your landing this weekend. Thank you for sharing your journey here and your post above. It is very easy to get discouraged, but thank you to those that are on here including yourself, that have helped others make sense out of this long process along the way.
I'm an April applicant. Our timelines are pretty similar, and your progress has helped me to stay positive.
Best of luck this weekend and congratulations!

confused1

Apr 30, 2013
I am getting a bit worried my letter from the landing office has become lost......it has been almost 2 weeks since i was notified i got DM. Considering how quickly other people got their letters and how short notice they have for the landing date itself. Should i call CIC about this or will they not be able to help?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Thank you so much everyone! I cannot stress how much this forum has helped me and in turn, my husband, find our way through this arduous process and keep our sanity intact on the other side. This has been such a happy day for us - I want to cry and cheer at the same time. I will be staying on here to help with any questions and pay it forward to everyone here the only way I feel is appropriate - with advice and kind words when you need them the most. This place has been both a sanctuary and a place of knowledge - you are all like family to my husband and I even if we have never met in person.

The landing appointment itself was great. Our appointment was for 10 AM but we arrived early hoping to squeak in if someone cancelled their appointment. When we arrived there at 8:30, the waiting room was full and there was a line out the door - So I was pretty nervous that they were going to call on my husband and we wouldn't hear it. About half an hour later, a woman came in and asked if there were people taking the citizenship test and most everyone left except for us and another couple. We waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes - there was no reception desk, just a small room with glass walls and two doors in a little alcove at the other end of the room. A woman came out of one of the doors, called on a woman that didn't show up, left, came back, called the other couple and then came back for us at about 9:15.

We got in early because she said her 9:30 cancelled on her. She was very friendly, chatted a bit and asked for the landing letter. We were over-prepared, well, I was over-prepared. My husband didn't want to bring extra documents in case they asked, but I made sure we brought with us the required paperwork (hubby's passport, pictures, work visas/study permits/visitor visas, my passport) and proof of relationship (marriage cert, proof of common residency, insurance documents) as well as the online receipt for the fee payments. All she asked for were the required documents as per the letter, she didn't even ask to see the receipt for the fees. She looked at the passports, and casually asked where we had met (not sure if this is a question she had to ask or if she was just curious) Then she asked the four magic questions and specified that they were yes or no answer questions for my husband:

1. Have you committed any crimes while you have been in Canada? No
2. Have you ever been asked to leave Canada? No
3. Have you ever been denied entry into Canada? No
4. Do you have any dependents within out outside of Canada that you have not declared in your application? No

She typed a few things in on the computer behind the desk (which we couldn't see) and then said she'd be back. She came back with papers and asked my husband to initial beside each answer and then sign on the bottom. She took the papers back and then turned to me with the most important question.

"Do you want to keep him for another two years?"

We chuckled a bit back (the officer and I) and then I answered: "Of course."

She went over the conditions of the PR status with my husband and I, stamped his passport and then congratulated my husband on becoming a permanent resident of Canada. We were in and out before 9:30. My husband had booked off time today until noon so he even had time to run over to Service Canada and get his permanent SIN. :)

This is the most amazing feeling! It's so surreal to finally be done everything with a few weeks to go until the year anniversary of sending off our application.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
confused1 said:
I am getting a bit worried my letter from the landing office has become lost......it has been almost 2 weeks since i was notified i got DM. Considering how quickly other people got their letters and how short notice they have for the landing date itself. Should i call CIC about this or will they not be able to help?
My husband and I only received our landing letter 20 days after getting DM. It really depends on your landing office - if you call the CIC call center and tell them where you will be landing, the agent can tell you what the waiting time for a landing appointment is. Don't worry! :)

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
HARMIN said:
GUYS I AM BACK WITH BREAKING NEWS
My Lawyer called up CPC-V today to know about my additional documents and transfer processing system ...CPC-V agent told him what ever they got here from applicant they already transfer to CPC-M through transports ..not electronically guys .....they advise my Lawyer to call CPC-M after 2 weeks .... :( :eek:
Seriously, CPC is just a little disorganized with this. Physical transfer sounds unsecure given that things can go missing. Oh well...

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
confused1 said:
Hi @confused1 me too im waiting for landing letter :( got dm on feb 28th, im landing in montreal. were will you be landing? apparently my office is one of the bussiest ones, i was told by agents of cic that wait can go up to 2 months... i hope is not like that.

@mrs_cannuck CONGRATS! :) seems pretty easy the landing interview, agents dont seem to judge or been mean, maybe only the agents that process files are like that hahahhaa... enjoy your new life with hubby safe at home and may your love grow every single day :) stay in touch!

Winifred

Sep 24, 2012
hello, I got my AIP and DM on Jan 24th. My OWP got approved today but havent received the actual permit yet. I havent heard anything for my landing paper yet. I will be landing in Vancouver. I know I know Vancouver office is slow but I have been reading this forum for awhile. I saw some people from Vancouver got their landing letter or have landed already. I wonder should I call the CIC office to follow up my landing paper?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:
Thank you so much everyone! I cannot stress how much this forum has helped me and in turn, my husband, find our way through this arduous process and keep our sanity intact on the other side. This has been such a happy day for us - I want to cry and cheer at the same time. I will be staying on here to help with any questions and pay it forward to everyone here the only way I feel is appropriate - with advice and kind words when you need them the most. This place has been both a sanctuary and a place of knowledge - you are all like family to my husband and I even if we have never met in person.

The landing appointment itself was great. Our appointment was for 10 AM but we arrived early hoping to squeak in if someone cancelled their appointment. When we arrived there at 8:30, the waiting room was full and there was a line out the door - So I was pretty nervous that they were going to call on my husband and we wouldn't hear it. About half an hour later, a woman came in and asked if there were people taking the citizenship test and most everyone left except for us and another couple. We waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes - there was no reception desk, just a small room with glass walls and two doors in a little alcove at the other end of the room. A woman came out of one of the doors, called on a woman that didn't show up, left, came back, called the other couple and then came back for us at about 9:15.

We got in early because she said her 9:30 cancelled on her. She was very friendly, chatted a bit and asked for the landing letter. We were over-prepared, well, I was over-prepared. My husband didn't want to bring extra documents in case they asked, but I made sure we brought with us the required paperwork (hubby's passport, pictures, work visas/study permits/visitor visas, my passport) and proof of relationship (marriage cert, proof of common residency, insurance documents) as well as the online receipt for the fee payments. All she asked for were the required documents as per the letter, she didn't even ask to see the receipt for the fees. She looked at the passports, and casually asked where we had met (not sure if this is a question she had to ask or if she was just curious) Then she asked the four magic questions and specified that they were yes or no answer questions for my husband:

4. Do you have any dependents within out outside of Canada that you have not declared in your application? No

She typed a few things in on the computer behind the desk (which we couldn't see) and then said she'd be back. She came back with papers and asked my husband to initial beside each answer and then sign on the bottom. She took the papers back and then turned to me with the most important question.

She went over the conditions of the PR status with my husband and I, stamped his passport and then congratulated my husband on becoming a permanent resident of Canada. We were in and out before 9:30. My husband had booked off time today until noon so he even had time to run over to Service Canada and get his permanent SIN. :)

This is the most amazing feeling! It's so surreal to finally be done everything with a few weeks to go until the year anniversary of sending off our application.
Way go to Mrs_Canuck... Huge congrats to you and to Mr_Canuck as well.. I JUST CAN'T WAIT! I'll be landing in 3 weeks from today!

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
WOW ! Thanks for sharing and Congrats ! so happy for you and your family ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mrs_Canuck said:

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Congratz Mrs. Canuck!

I as well landed today ! Our appointment was at 2:30, we got there at about 1:45. Nobody was there and we were a little confused because there was no reception. So we checked the rest of the building to see if we were missing something. We didnt so we walked back to the original room. A couple just left, they looked really happy so we asked them if thats where were supposed to go. They said you just sit down and wait until they call your name, so thats what we did.
The CIC officer was very friendly. Only asked for my passport,pictures and my partners picture ID,asked a few question and thats it :)
I thought the conditional PR is for 3 years though? But she said I have to keep cohabitating with my partner for the next 2 years?
She also said the citizenship rules will very likely change. Up to now its you have to live in Canada for 3/last5 years and the days before you became PR count as half a day. Now they want to change it into you have to live in CAN for 5 of the last 6 years, and days before your PR status was stated will NO longer count.(not even as half a day)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Spikey92 said:
Congratz Mrs. Canuck!

I as well landed today ! Our appointment was at 2:30, we got there at about 1:45. Nobody was there and we were a little confused because there was no reception. So we checked the rest of the building to see if we were missing something. We didnt so we walked back to the original room. A couple just left, they looked really happy so we asked them if thats where were supposed to go. They said you just sit down and wait until they call your name, so thats what we did.
The CIC officer was very friendly. Only asked for my passport,pictures and my partners picture ID,asked a few question and thats it :)
I thought the conditional PR is for 3 years though? But she said I have to keep cohabitating with my partner for the next 2 years?
She also said the citizenship rules will very likely change. Up to now its you have to live in Canada for 3/last5 years and the days before you became PR count as half a day. Now they want to change it into you have to live in CAN for 5 of the last 6 years, and days before your PR status was stated will NO longer count.(not even as half a day)
Awesome Spikey92.. Congratulations! such a great feeling eh?! :)