+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
Hello folks,

Please I just got this letter in my mail this morning that ''my Application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, as that office is now the Designated Processing Centre for your Application''

Please what is the interpretation of this? Does it mean all these months CIC in Vegreville has just been folding their hands doing nothing to the application since I sent it on 05/08/2013? Or it has passed first stage or CIC Mississauga will approve the first stage and how long does it take? Please guys advise.

Regards,
Seed of Abraham.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
ishy said:
The landing interview is first come first serve btw. We 'landed' 2 hours before our scheduled time.
Wow. Thanks for that tip! We'll be there super early!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Spikey92 said:
YES our appointment is on the 12th as well :D But at 2:30 pm.

I was wondering the same about the immigration documents. Im thinking they mean current visas,workpermit everything that CIC issued to you in the past up to now.
But Id greatly appreciate it if somebody could shed some light on it.
That's how I would interpret it. Though I recall reading somewhere on this forum someone saying that the interviewer asked for proof of relationship documents.

If you kept a completed copy of your application(which I think is good practice) you can just bring along that.

If not I think Mrs. Canuck will be fine just bringing in the relevant immigration documents OWP, visas, etc.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Linden said:
That's how I would interpret it. Though I recall reading somewhere on this forum someone saying that the interviewer asked for proof of relationship documents.

If you kept a completed copy of your application(which I think is good practice) you can just bring along that.

If not I think Mrs. Canuck will be fine just bringing in the relevant immigration documents OWP, visas, etc.
Thank you for the input Linden, it is very much appreciated! In our case, we won't be able to bring the whole application as it was upwards of 400 pages, but we will bring copies of our leases/rental agreement and joint bank account papers as well just to be sure.

So excited! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Seed of Abraham said:
Hello folks,

Please I just got this letter in my mail this morning that ''my Application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, as that office is now the Designated Processing Centre for your Application''

Please what is the interpretation of this? Does it mean all these months CIC in Vegreville has just been folding their hands doing nothing to the application since I sent it on 05/08/2013? Or it has passed first stage or CIC Mississauga will approve the first stage and how long does it take? Please guys advise.

Regards,
Seed of Abraham.
Hello,

Most of us here have now received the same letter.

They are sending most (if not all) of the files to Mississauga for Processing from Vegreville, supposedly to help speed things up.

The processing time is still about average with what they show on their website. If they didn’t contact you for AIP yet, then don’t worry, your time could be coming up soon! :)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hello All,

I just received my GCMS noted requested on Feb 6, 2014. I have few question on the note.

On the first page of the notes, it says the following:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE
SPR Correspond Lang: English
SPR Eligibility: Not Started

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS
CSC Date:
If Ineligible: Discontinue
Family Size: 2
SA's Met For:

I am really concerned about the ineligibility, which is showing "Discontinue".

Have anyone had the wording in your GCMS note?
I would like to now what the differences are between FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE and FAMILY CLASS?
Is there any option that we had to choose? I did not apply to Family Class and Refugee category.

I wonder if I am the only receiving the letter like that.

My fiance's medical results were sent on or about Nov 1, 2013; and the call centre agent said that they received that. However, that has not showed on ECAS. (I was told it will take up to 3 months to update the information. I think I have been waiting over 4 months now.) Even the GCMS notes show the medical has not started yet, which means there is no information regarding the medical examination. So now I don't know what I should do. Just wait until they will send or inform us of what we have to do for the next steps? Or send a Record Correction Form provided along with my GCMS notes?

Please share your information as to GCMS notes. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stellahello said:
Hello All,

I just received my GCMS noted requested on Feb 6, 2014. I have few question on the note.

On the first page of the notes, it says the following:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE
SPR Correspond Lang: English
SPR Eligibility: Not Started

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS
CSC Date:
If Ineligible: Discontinue
Family Size: 2
SA's Met For:

I am really concerned about the ineligibility, which is showing "Discontinue".
I believe that just means that if the application is denied, you have chosen NOT to appeal (or you are an Inland applicant and therefore cannot appeal anyway).

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Ponga said:
I believe that just means that if the application is denied, you have chosen NOT to appeal (or you are an Inland applicant and therefore cannot appeal anyway).

I truly believe that you are exactly right!
Yes, I just reviewed the application saved for my record. I chose to withdraw the application if I am eligible to sponsor my fiance.

Thank you very much, Ponga! ;D

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
ACS said:
Hello,

Most of us here have now received the same letter.

They are sending most (if not all) of the files to Mississauga for Processing from Vegreville, supposedly to help speed things up.

The processing time is still about average with what they show on their website. If they didn't contact you for AIP yet, then don't worry, your time could be coming up soon! :)
Thank you bro.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
:( It would have been so cool if we could have met in passing! Hubby and I are probably going out for drinks that night to celebrate, so if you see two rowdy people and a guy decked out in 'Canada' things at a bar that night, don't be shy! We'll buy you a drink!

Out of curiosity, does your letter say:

Dear Madam/Sir,

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:

March 12, 2014 at (insert your time here) AM/PM.

Please report to:

Address

You must bring the following documents:

X Your valid passport and/or;
X The original of your identity document(s) provided to the Case Processing Center in Vegreville or to the local Canada Immigration Centre;
X All your immigration documents;
X You have to be accompanied by your sponsor/spouse, your sponsor has to provide and ID document with picture;
X 2 photos - see enclosed appendix for specifications.

For some reason, this part is making me the most nervous! :p Hubby is all overjoyed and I'm worrying - we're trading moods/apprehension as this process goes on. Haha. I'm also bringing the receipt to show that we've paid the fees even though they didn't specify to bring it.

I'm starting a new job on that day too! So a lot of good things! I'm hoping that the interview doesn't run any longer than 12 PM on Wednesday! That's my start time for the new job.
Yup this is exactly what my letter is saying as well.

Not sure yet if my boyfriend,sorry common law partner :D, and I will go out for drinks or not. But if we do and I see you (or a person that I think is you) I will definitely say something :D
It really is such a funny coincidence that were landing on the same day :D

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hello Harmin, JohnnyP, Tilikun, Daizey, jayshe, ACS, Trinityy, PRsoon,

did you get the letter saying you file has been transfered to CIC-M?
I just checked my mail and there is not such letter. Would like to check with you August waitingbodies. I hope they did not forget mine ;)

Tribilin

Feb 6, 2013
Spikey92 said:
Yup this is exactly what my letter is saying as well.

Not sure yet if my boyfriend,sorry common law partner :D, and I will go out for drinks or not. But if we do and I see you (or a person that I think is you) I will definitely say something :D
It really is such a funny coincidence that weree landing on the same day :D
Don't forget to bring something with your name and address on it!

chebas

Mar 4, 2014
Today we had an interview with cbsa and the confirm the date of removal to my wife. Next March 21. We had to go with her flight ticket.

Case:
We got married 9 July 2011

sponsorship received at vegreville .July 18 2012.
File transfered to local office Mtl. March 2013.
Since that time the file says. We received your application 18 July 2012.

by the other hand.
My wife claimed refuge October 2011 and it was refused. That's why they issued a removal order.

The sad part is that now we have to be separated. We have a little girl 2 years old Canadian citizen. She will travel with la my wife and we have to restart again a new application outside canada. They didn't cara about oír daughter and the life that we already have here.

; (

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hi there everyone,

I just have some questions. My current work permit is just expired. and I have already applied for OWP together with my Spouse Common-Law application. That means I do have implied status for 3 months. My application sent on August 20, 2013, filed received on August 21, 2013. and currently, I am working with the same employer and my employer just applied me new LMO he said the LMO was filed last February 12, 2014. and he said it will take 68 weeks. My question is do I really need LMO and work permit even though I have implied status?is it not going to affect my application? please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.