File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
MaxLet said:
@ cirene
What will the right answer be to 'what will you do if we refuse your app?"
not certain how to answer that! :)
Haha I've been asking myself the same thing.. But i don't think there is such thing as right or wrong, maybe they just want to see your reaction!
I would say something like "I'll try to apply again (if I can), even try outland, because at the end of the day I just want be with my husband"

About the Right of permanent residence fee, once you get DM CPCV sends your application to the "landing office" so CIC getting the receipt for the 490$ isn't going to do too much now, I don't think (please somebody correct me if I'm wrong)!

I think that for you to become a PR the government needs to see that you paid that amount and at the landing interview you show them and that's it :D

This is almost over, so exciting :D!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
oh yess!!! almost there... almost there!!!!

Me too, i think ill answer something like that! in the other hand im affraid that if i say i will try outland, they will think that ill do whatever to stay in Canada! Nevertheless, hubby can not come live in south america, im sorry i love my country but i think he is to naive, south america is kinda dangerous if you havent grow up there!

im so happy i can hardly believe it! I was so sad in the morning and now im reading over and over the letter and i cant believe my eyes!
:)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
MaxLet said:
oh yess!!! almost there... almost there!!!!

Me too, i think ill answer something like that! in the other hand im affraid that if i say i will try outland, they will think that ill do whatever to stay in Canada! Nevertheless, hubby can not come live in south america, im sorry i love my country but i think he is to naive, south america is kinda dangerous if you havent grow up there!

im so happy i can hardly believe it! I was so sad in the morning and now im reading over and over the letter and i cant believe my eyes!
:)
I know exactly what you mean, our husbands are easy targets there!..

The "what would you do if we refuse your app" question is not a common question as far as I know.

So far the 2013 applicants who already landed haven't been asked that question!.. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest!

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
MaxLet said:
GUYSSSS IVE GOT DM!! :D
is this a possitive DM?? :D OMG I cant believe it!
Nice one!! Congratulations once again!!

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Congrats on your DM MaxLet

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Hiii guyz

1. Does every inland application get landing interview?
2. What questions do they usually ask at landing interview?
3. Do you only get landing interview if you are approved for PR? or can they still refuse your application at the landing interview? :(

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
kaira1 said:
Hiii guyz

1. Does every inland application get landing interview?
2. What questions do they usually ask at landing interview?
3. Do you only get landing interview if you are approved for PR? or can they still refuse your application at the landing interview? :(
Hi kaira1

1. Yes, in order to become a PR you need to "land" as an immigrant! After you get AIP and DM, the Canada Office will contact you to schedule a landing interview..

2.Have you ever committed any crime?, Do you have any dependants ?, Are you still married to your sponsor/who is your sponsor? In some cases they ask "What would you do if we refuse your application" (this last question is not very common to be asked)

3. You get the landing interview once you first and second stage are processed and approved!

First stage: AIP (approval in principle) means that you spouse/partner is eligible to sponsor you!
Second Stage: DM (Decision Made) means that you meet the requirements to become a PR

After that, you'll get the letter to land and become a PR!!!

NOTE: I haven't heard of anybody who got refused at a landing interview!! It could be possible but I don't know for sure!

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Cirene said:
Hi kaira1

1. Yes, in order to become a PR you need to "land" as an immigrant! After you get AIP and DM, the Canada Office will contact you to schedule a landing interview..

2.Have you ever committed any crime?, Do you have any dependants ?, Are you still married to your sponsor/who is your sponsor? In some cases they ask "What would you do if we refuse your application" (this last question is not very common to be asked)

3. You get the landing interview once you first and second stage are processed and approved!

First stage: AIP (approval in principle) means that you spouse/partner is eligible to sponsor you!
Second Stage: DM (Decision Made) means that you meet the requirements to become a PR

After that, you'll get the letter to land and become a PR!!!

NOTE: I haven't heard of anybody who got refused at a landing interview!! It could be possible but I don't know for sure!
I got my AIP and first Stage DM on Feb 17, 2014 and They ask for Medical, PCC from back home -
Medical is done and still waiting for PCC which i applied through BLS canada- any clue how long does it take to get it?
- Do still get any interview other than landing interview during stage 2 processing

- So during landing interview do they still ask for proof regarding staying together or relationship stuff like that

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
kaira1 said:
I got my AIP and first Stage DM on Feb 17, 2014 and They ask for Medical, PCC from back home -
Medical is done and still waiting for PCC which i applied through BLS canada- any clue how long does it take to get it?
- Do still get any interview other than landing interview during stage 2 processing
You only got AIP then (Feb 17th)!! You get DM when CIC receives and processes the PCC and MEDICAL!!

I don't know how long would it take for you to get the PCC but if you already applied it should be soon! (remember if the PCC is in a language other than English or French you need to find an authorized translator and send the translation with the original PCC)

Mm you could be asked to go to an interview before getting DM, it happened to one of us in this thread!
When that happens means that they find something unusual about the applicant and they request an interview! (it's not very common but happens too)

After that you'll receive DM and then be scheduled for the landing interview!

When did you apply? (if you don't mind)

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Cirene said:
You only got AIP then (Feb 17th)!! You get DM when CIC receives and processes the PCC and MEDICAL!!

I don't know how long would it take for you to get the PCC but if you already applied it should be soon! (remember if the PCC is in a language other than English or French you need to find an authorized translator and send the translation with the original PCC)

Mm you could be asked to go to an interview before getting DM, it happened to one of us in this thread!
When that happens means that they find something unusual about the applicant and they request an interview! (it's not very common but happens too)

After that you'll receive DM and then be scheduled for the landing interview!

When did you apply? (if you don't mind)
I applied on June 21, 2013 and AOR was July 11, 2013 then They send AIP on Feb 17, 2014 - also status of first step changed to DM on Feb 17, 2014. They ask for medical and PCC - medical was done on Feb 26, 2014 and I applied for PCC on Feb 24, 2014 through BLS canada which supposed to come from India. and Stage 2 application in process since Feb 17, 2014

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
kaira1 said:
I applied on June 21, 2013 and AOR was July 11, 2014 then They send AIP on Feb 17, 2014 - also status of first step changed to DM on Feb 17, 2014. They ask for medical and PCC - medical was done on Feb 26, 2014 and I applied for PCC on Feb 24, 2014 through BLS canada which supposed to come from India. and Stage 2 application in process since Feb 17, 2014
Yeah, I see, the final DM is yet to come! It will be soon! :)

- So during landing interview do they still ask for proof regarding staying together or relationship stuff like that
Well, you and your sponsor need to be there that day, they will ask proof of address.. you could show them some documents like: driver's licence, lease agreements, etc..

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Cirene said:
Yeah, I see, the final DM is yet to come! It will be soon! :)

Well, you and your sponsor need to be there that day, they will ask proof of address.. you could show them some documents like: driver's licence, lease agreements, etc..
Hopefully- you know how long generally it takes to get final DM after they receive all the required documents they asked

Good, So they do not ask intense questions during landing interview??

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
kaira1 said:
- Hopefully- you know how long generally it takes to get final DM after they receive all the required documents they asked
According to the CIC page it takes "8 months"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

But nobody here (as far as I know) has been waiting that long after sending PCC and Medicals!

It usually takes 1-2 months, a little more, a little less!! Depends on the officer really!

You can see in this spreadsheet for 2013 inlanders (us) and the time frame between AIP and DM!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

Some users show "0" days, because they submitted a complete package and they were lucky enough to get both stage approved at once!

NOTE: if you would like to be added to that spreadsheet, you should ask this user "Guri3577" he is in charge of the spreadsheet :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats Cirene and Maxlet :) Happy for you guys!!