Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
They have told me that there's no possible way the Government will know they have moved to different separate addresses. Also when they show them the ID it doesnt have to show their current addresses.

The main problem is that yes they have been together for 3 years but they are going through a Blimp in the Road... There's no point at the moment just cancelling this application as that will screw everything up.. they might as well keep it going and see what happens down the line.
I can understand them not cancelling the application if there's a chance of reconciliation. But if they aren't going to get back together then they shouldn't go through with the landing interview. Just because he doesn't want to go back to Ireland isn't really a good enough reason to commit fraud.

visa_help2014

Feb 24, 2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Currently the waiting time - according to CIC's website - is 7-8 months for first stage and 8 months for second stage. So anywhere from 15 months to 16 months. Most people are getting first and second stage in less than 11 months. This is what happened with my husband and I - we are still waiting for a landing appointment to sign the CoPR papers and get a permanent SIN but that amount of time varies according to which landing office you would be going through. In Halifax, we have to wait 3-6 weeks after second stage to get a landing appointment.

Where are you living currently, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks for the info.
I am currently located in Toronto. does it vary from location to location?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi guys, me and my husband are moving next month. From Edmonton to Calgary and i have to quit my job. The problem is im still waiting for aip and owp, my question is i cant change my employer while waiting for OWP RIGHT? August applicant
What kind of current work permit do you have? When does it expire?

Things happening

Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi guys ,
Congrats for everyone who got their approval.
Is anyone know how long will it take to receive the PR card after the landing .

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
wsm_al said:
hi,
we successfully landed .. it was very easy. only the basic 3 questions and good to do. it didn't take more than 10 mins.
good luck everyone!!
congratulations wsm_al!!!
What a beautiful news to start this day. I wish you both a happy and successful life in Canada!!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
nrajani_99 said:
Hubby just landed at etobicoke office... We had such a friendly officer
We were done with in 15 min... Please make sure you take something to show proof of address..
Now just need to wait for pr card ..
congratulations nrjani_99!

Now you can be happy and pick up your life again. I wish you both all the best for your future life in Canada!!!!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Guys ...Congrats to all those got their DM And Landing Interview Or those already Over their Journey to CANADA PR And Already goes through their Landing Interview ...Guys wishing u very very good luck for bright future in CANADA ...Cheers :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
Hi Everybody!

It's been awhile since I was last on, no news for me. It does say medical received on my ecas even though they are expired now, I hope they extend mine!

Line a - my OWP was approved on Feb 2, 2014! When I got AIP on jan 13 it said my owp was approved. The call centre rep said it was sent out before feb 2 so not sure what to believe. Honestly, I think they forgot about my owp and then found it laying around!

When I went in to renew my SIN card I talked to the govt worker and he said there's a backlog because of the Philippines typhoon, not sure if true. Could be why there are less AIP's now.

Anyways, good luck to everyone!!!

:)
I'm so glad you received yours, it's weird how it could take so long for that to show up. Mine never did unfortunately, so I'm awaiting a new OWP and the call centre guy told me it could take up to 6 weeks. Did receive my Alberta health care card, at least that's a little bit of a relief. Can't wait to start working however, since my partner is going up north to work 10 days with only 4 days off.. Not too bad, but it's gonna be nice to hopefully have a little job so life isn't too boring at home. Good money though, finally being able to go out for a good bite every now and then, so I'm all about being optimistic from now on :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
corbs said:
I can understand them not cancelling the application if there's a chance of reconciliation. But if they aren't going to get back together then they shouldn't go through with the landing interview. Just because he doesn't want to go back to Ireland isn't really a good enough reason to commit fraud.
But you know how long can they wait.... Yes they are about 1 quarter of the way in for processing the application and have a long time yet however I don't see them cancelling any time soon in case it works out down the line

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I saw on another thread some comments about the Inland Applications now also being processed in Mississauga and not just Vegreville? Has anyone else heard about this?

Could this be the reason for the huge jump in processing dates lately?? (except for last week it was progressing about 1 month every week for awhile!)

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
My Friend and his common-law girlfriend sent off their common-law visa around 6 months ago, Unfortunately they are splitting up and taking a break which might lead them coming back together in a few months or not and they are both staying in Canada and moving to separate houses... either way they have both agreed if they are still together or not to process his application so he can still stay in the country as he's from Ireland, I guess its a Mutual breakup?

If they do go a long with it I am guessing they will be fine still? On the landing Interview in about 7 months time which they will meet up again at that point they will be together or maybe not...And the boarder agent will ask them the normal questions but they already know everything about each other so they're wont be any issues right?

They were together for around 3 years before the application was sent out..

Let me know

Thanks
This makes me quite angry. The reason why the spousal sponsorship program exists is for families and partners to stay together, not for anyone who wants to have an easy way to live in Canada. Your friend should not be applying under his process any more and should be looking into another way to stay in Canada that is legal. This is not only illegal, but stuff like this is the exact reason why legitimate couples have so much stress trying to prove their relationships and have to wait so long for their applications to be processed.

I think it's quite disrespectful to post something like that in this forum, which is not only for information about spousal sponsorship, but is also a support forum for legitimate couples going through the spousal sponsorship process. My father-in-law has been very sick and my husband hasn't been able to go home to see him. We're both living off of my income, which is very stressful and has put us in debt. My husband is in a strange country and is so limited in what he can do here, being unable to work. So many other people in this forum are going through the same type of stress or even more than we are. I come here to see positive stories of successful immigration and to support those who are going through the same thing as me. This forum is not here to comfort people trying to commit fraud.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
corbs said:
Agreed!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Yeah, I read the same comment about that and I don't understand why they would transfer any applications to a different office when it's already received and being processed. They should''ve processed everything they already received and make the new applicants send the application to mississauga instead.
It seems to me that they are only finding a new way to make things go slower...
I was also very excited when all these people were getting their AIPs 3-4 weeks ago and I don't see any of that anymore lately.

ACS said:
I saw on another thread some comments about the Inland Applications now also being processed in Mississauga and not just Vegreville? Has anyone else heard about this?

Could this be the reason for the huge jump in processing dates lately?? (except for last week it was progressing about 1 month every week for awhile!)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
JohnnyP said:
Yeah, I read the same comment about that and I don't understand why they would transfer any applications to a different office when it's already received and being processed. They should''ve processed everything they already received and make the new applicants send the application to mississauga instead.
It seems to me that they are only finding a new way to make things go slower...
I was also very excited when all these people were getting their AIPs 3-4 weeks ago and I don't see any of that anymore lately.
I agree, seems a waste of time transferring applications they already had to process to a different office. True, it's done electronically, but it seems to have put a major slow down on processing times. I'm guessing the reason they caught up so quickly for a while there was that they were pushing to finish a few that they already had lined up to process before transferring the rest to Mississauga. I'm still hoping to hear something very soon, but each day with no good news on the AIPs is making it harder and harder to keep my hopes up!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Exactly!

Daizey said:
I agree, seems a waste of time transferring applications they already had to process to a different office. True, it's done electronically, but it seems to have put a major slow down on processing times. I'm guessing the reason they caught up so quickly for a while there was that they were pushing to finish a few that they already had lined up to process before transferring the rest to Mississauga. I'm still hoping to hear something very soon, but each day with no good news on the AIPs is making it harder and harder to keep my hopes up!