CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hi Everyone congratulations to those who already have finished this rough proccess.

I sent my application on Nov 14 and it was received by CIC V on Nov 15.

For months I wanted for my AOR and nothing I finally decided to call cic and then everybody was giving me not very smart answers finally an agent set up an ivestigation they found the application and told me that there was something wrong and they were going to send it back "when they get around to it" this was in early january.

Finally yesterday I received my full aplication with a letter dated February 12 (funny they sent i via expedited mail, after 3 months!!!!)

The letter says that the form 5285 is old (whioch i swear was not updated yet at the beggining of nov when i printed them all and that we need to send a new one.

I also says that the OWP application fee increades $5 bucks so we need to pay the extra amount.

It asks us to send the application with the corrections to CPC MISSISAUGA as soon as possible and that my husband needs to get a visitor record because he is on IEC and he cannot have Implied status which we knew (BUT ANYONE ELSE ON A WORK PERMIT, VISITOR VISA OR STUDY PERMIT CAN BENEFIT FROM IMPLIED STATUS BECAUSE YOU CAN SEND THE OWP APPLICATION TO CPC M-THE ONLY CHANGE IS THE CPC NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I just wanted to light the darkness about the changes recenty made to the application proccess and I wanted to vent. I guess now im a 2014 applicant. Hopefully whoever opens my file next will feel bad for us and expedite the aip at least so that my husband is out of work for the least amount of time his owp expires on May 16th.

Anyways, Have a great day everyone.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Ponga said:
I must admit that I love your spirit Harmin...and your posts are hilarious sometimes!
I agree! :D

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
If you are a us citizen then send in the FBI and maybe your state certificate. If they want RCMP, they will request it, but for us citizen not likely.
Thanks Allura. I plan to send both the federal and state checks when I receive the results. Hopefully this will be enough! I will report back for anyone else wondering.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
HARMIN said:
Hi Cirene ..did u heard any thing about ur application or still waiting ??
Hi Harmin. We haven't heard anything! Still waiting!... :(

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hello guys! Things are looking a little brighter now that I finally got some useful answers!
Called alberta health and the nice lady issued my number right away, so I can get a regular check up.

Also called the CIC call centre, and they were yet again so nice and he issued a new OWP to me, which is being sent out in about 2-4 weeks!

Got a medical exam in Calgary on March 15th so now there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats on AIP and OWPs guys!! Oh and the landings too :)

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Line.a said:
Hello guys! Things are looking a little brighter now that I finally got some useful answers!
Called alberta health and the nice lady issued my number right away, so I can get a regular check up.

Also called the CIC call centre, and they were yet again so nice and he issued a new OWP to me, which is being sent out in about 2-4 weeks!

Got a medical exam in Calgary on March 15th so now there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats on AIP and OWPs guys!! Oh and the landings too :)
Thats good :)
keep up the good spirit.
I too have a medical in Calgary but on 13th of March. Thats still a long wait for medical though I was hoping to get it sooner.

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
Hello guys,

Please I am new here, I need your advice on my application, my wife & I have submitted our application for Inland spousal sponsorship since August 04/2013 and prior to then I have also submitted my Open Work Permit application in July 12/2013. Please can anyone tell me how long it takes for first stage of approval in principle? Also presently I was laid-off in my place of work and would this affect my application because obviously I am not working now and my wife is pregnant, pretty soon she will stop working and can this disqualify her from sponsoring me? If she stop working due to pregnancy can this stop my application? I have got other jobs but I don't have work permit to provide my would be employers. Folks I need your help.

Regards,
Seed of Abraham

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Seed of Abraham said:
Hello guys,

Please I am new here, I need your advice on my application, my wife & I have submitted our application for Inland spousal sponsorship since August 04/2013 and prior to then I have also submitted my Open Work Permit application in July 12/2013. Please can anyone tell me how long it takes for first stage of approval in principle? Also presently I was laid-off in my place of work and would this affect my application because obviously I am not working now and my wife is pregnant, pretty soon she will stop working and can this disqualify her from sponsoring me? If she stop working due to pregnancy can this stop my application? I have got other jobs but I don't have work permit to provide my would be employers. Folks I need your help.

Regards,
Seed of Abraham
Hello,

I believe that doesn't disqualify her as there is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse. That said, she can't be on welfare though.

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
linxord said:
Hello,

I believe that doesn't disqualify her as there is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse. That said, she can't be on welfare though.
Im sure she can be on E.I for pregnancy!!!

Seed of Abraham

Feb 19, 2014
linxord said:
Yes. EI and Welfare are not the same.
Thanks guys, please pardon my ignorance can anyone one shed light on what constitute a welfare? Can anyone list those benefits? Subsidizing housing rent from housing authority is it part of them, thank you folks

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Seed of Abraham said:
Thanks guys, please pardon my ignorance can anyone one shed light on what constitute a welfare? Can anyone list those benefits? Subsidizing housing rent from housing authority is it part of them, thank you folks
i think going on welfare means the applicant cant get a job/disability and government pays portion of their basic amenities like housing, fone bills, e.t.c

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi guys..

I just called CIC Call Centre to see if they have any receipt updates on the additional documents that I sent. The agent said she doesn't see any confirmation on the notes. Then I went ahead to ask if my file was in CPC-Vegreville or was it transferred to Mississauga. She put me on hold to verify and came back to say that it was currently in CPC-M and was so since Feb 6th, sigh :(

C'mon CIC show us July applicants some love toooo :(

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
5hr3wd said:
Hi guys..

I just called CIC Call Centre to see if they have any receipt updates on the additional documents that I sent. The agent said she doesn't see any confirmation on the notes. Then I went ahead to ask if my file was in CPC-Vegreville or was it transferred to Mississauga. She put me on hold to verify and came back to say that it was currently in CPC-M and was so since Feb 6th, sigh :(

C'mon CIC show us July applicants some love toooo :(
Yes that what I was thinking , Vegreville kept all applications until June 2013 , the rest of us (July,August etc) got tranfer to Mississauga . I think that's why we experienced this dramatic decrease on good news this past 14 days . CPC M is just getting ready to rip tru some files like a lightning!!!!! ;)