+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Yslandgurl said:
Hi All,

I finally had my landing interview in Ottawa praise the Lord! My interview went smoothly. The officer asked for my husband's 2 IDs and I was asked 3 questions regarding criminal record or offense, dependents aside from what is listed, and if ever been denied application in the past. After answering no to all 3, I heard 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada". It was a beautiful feeling! I was given a list of agencies and info on where to get SIN, OHIP, etc and was finished in less than 15 minutes. The wait was longer ( I waited at least almost an hour) than the interview proper! The original PR card will be mailed and it takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive the lady officer said.

Here are some tips I like to share: If you are scheduled at the CIC Ottawa for Interview, pls check online ahead of time where you are coming from in relation to the CIC address because Catherine Street is a busy 1-way street. You don't want to miss the turn to the building parking lot for being in the wrong lane. Also, please come at least 1 hour ahead of your schedule. The parking space next to the building is quite small I guess just for about 50 cars parking. My husband had to drop me by the curve because the parking lot was closed with a 'FULL' sign at 7AM-my schedule was at 8:30am. He got lucky on the next turn at the block when a car left and there was a vacant space at the lot. When I got in at 7am, there was already a line forming. The PR landing interview office is right to your left on the ground floor as soon as you enter the main door. There is another CIC office on the upper floor but that is for citizenship processing only. In my landing interview letter, it was specified that pictures are to be taken at the exact size asked for by the CIC, and most importantly that the photographer does NOT CUT the photos. I was unsure about what it meant and decided to play it safe. I had 2 of the photos cut from the photo paper sheet, and the rest I asked to leave them uncut, with the dates stamped on all the pics. It turned out, the officer cut the photos herself from the 4-picture uncut sheet, I guess to fit the card or something. She returned the rest, including the 2 pre-cut ones.

I am so happy and waiting for my PR card so I can apply for my SIN! Thank you to all of you who have shared information here. It was very helpful in my journey to becoming a permanent resident. So for all those waiting, just keep on hanging on- it is worth all the waiting. We will all get there soon. :)
Congrats :)

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
nrajani_99 said:
Good Morning All,

I am just worried now, we have not gotten our landing interview date from Etobicoke office. DM was received on Jan 22nd.

Has anyone here gotten anything from the Etobicoke office recently.. Any help is much appricated.
We are in the same boat. Hubby received AIP, DM and OWP on Jan 20th. Have not received the landing letter from the Scarborough office as yet. :(

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
BobbyJo said:
We are in the same boat. Hubby received AIP, DM and OWP on Jan 20th. Have not received the landing letter from the Scarborough office as yet. :(
I have received mine for Scarborough office a week after DM (DM was in jan 23).
Have you tried calling the call center? you can at least find out if the letter was issued or not

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 201the legit3

colivia said:
Hi everyone, first of all, I'd have to say THANK YOU to all of you for all the ongoing support and information :-* I've finally landed @ Vancouver office today

My appointment was at 1pm and husband and I arrive around 12:40.. handed in my receipt and the appointment letter to the security lady that was standing at the front desk, we were asked to take a seat and wait. the office was filled with people. closer to 1pm, an officer announced everyone who's there to become permanent resident today would have to go to the room next door where he's going to do a presentation. The officer was really nice and he went through what's going to happen next and a slide show of becoming a PR and when we'd be able to become a citizen, information if we need help (there's also a volunteer from MOSAIC that was presented)... this took about an hour as the office talked for quite some time (he's super nice though)

luckily husband and I paid for 2 hours parking...

after the presentation was done, we were asked to show the photos before seeing the officer for the PR confirmation, some guy was sent out to re-do his photos as his was too big (there was a costco right around the block).. MAKE SURE YOUR PHOTOS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE!

we're back to the main room waiting for our names to be called.. apparently there were about 50 people landing today, we waited for about half an hour and my name was called. same officer who gave the presentation called my name :) He asked me some the 3Qs : crime? deported? child? and he CONGRATULATED me as I have just become a PR of Canada.

he gave me the Charter of Rights and the landing paper and reminded me not to loose this landing paper because this is an important piece of paper when I need to apply for pension when I turn 65.

Let's just hope new legislation won't pass so we can become Citizen in 2 years instead of 4!

hope this helps =)

ps: I called CIC ahead of time and asked if my husband needed to be there, they said he needs to be present. Officer did not ask him for any information nor did he ask us to show any documents that shows our current address.
Congratulations Colivia!!!!
what a wonderfull news and thank you sooo much for sharing your experience with us. I wish you a long and happy life in Canada with your husband. enjoy and be happy!!!!!

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi Everyone,

It is been a long time i didn't go to this forum been busy adapting with this crazy winter. :-[ :-X :'( :mad:

Quick question, my application received July 8th, 2013 and in progress since July 31st, 2013 (AOR) but i have not received any information for AIP. If i look into the spreadsheet the person before me which is Mocha7 already received the AIP this February 2014. Mocha7 and i are in the same month on receiving AOR, although i did not received the hard copy of the AOR but it shows in my ECAS.

Anyone has thoughts?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Pritha

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Yslandgurl said:
Hi All,

I finally had my landing interview in Ottawa praise the Lord! My interview went smoothly. The officer asked for my husband's 2 IDs and I was asked 3 questions regarding criminal record or offense, dependents aside from what is listed, and if ever been denied application in the past. After answering no to all 3, I heard 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada". It was a beautiful feeling! I was given a list of agencies and info on where to get SIN, OHIP, etc and was finished in less than 15 minutes. The wait was longer ( I waited at least almost an hour) than the interview proper! The original PR card will be mailed and it takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive the lady officer said.

Here are some tips I like to share: If you are scheduled at the CIC Ottawa for Interview, pls check online ahead of time where you are coming from in relation to the CIC address because Catherine Street is a busy 1-way street. You don't want to miss the turn to the building parking lot for being in the wrong lane. Also, please come at least 1 hour ahead of your schedule. The parking space next to the building is quite small I guess just for about 50 cars parking. My husband had to drop me by the curve because the parking lot was closed with a 'FULL' sign at 7AM-my schedule was at 8:30am. He got lucky on the next turn at the block when a car left and there was a vacant space at the lot. When I got in at 7am, there was already a line forming. The PR landing interview office is right to your left on the ground floor as soon as you enter the main door. There is another CIC office on the upper floor but that is for citizenship processing only. In my landing interview letter, it was specified that pictures are to be taken at the exact size asked for by the CIC, and most importantly that the photographer does NOT CUT the photos. I was unsure about what it meant and decided to play it safe. I had 2 of the photos cut from the photo paper sheet, and the rest I asked to leave them uncut, with the dates stamped on all the pics. It turned out, the officer cut the photos herself from the 4-picture uncut sheet, I guess to fit the card or something. She returned the rest, including the 2 pre-cut ones.

I am so happy and waiting for my PR card so I can apply for my SIN! Thank you to all of you who have shared information here. It was very helpful in my journey to becoming a permanent resident. So for all those waiting, just keep on hanging on- it is worth all the waiting. We will all get there soon. :)
congratulations Yslandguri,
you have made it all the way through the process, now it is time to enjoy your life and be happy. Welcome to Canada!!!!! :) :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 201the legit3

colivia said:
Hi everyone, first of all, I'd have to say THANK YOU to all of you for all the ongoing support and information :-* I've finally landed @ Vancouver office today

My appointment was at 1pm and husband and I arrive around 12:40.. handed in my receipt and the appointment letter to the security lady that was standing at the front desk, we were asked to take a seat and wait. the office was filled with people. closer to 1pm, an officer announced everyone who's there to become permanent resident today would have to go to the room next door where he's going to do a presentation. The officer was really nice and he went through what's going to happen next and a slide show of becoming a PR and when we'd be able to become a citizen, information if we need help (there's also a volunteer from MOSAIC that was presented)... this took about an hour as the office talked for quite some time (he's super nice though)

luckily husband and I paid for 2 hours parking...

after the presentation was done, we were asked to show the photos before seeing the officer for the PR confirmation, some guy was sent out to re-do his photos as his was too big (there was a costco right around the block).. MAKE SURE YOUR PHOTOS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE!

we're back to the main room waiting for our names to be called.. apparently there were about 50 people landing today, we waited for about half an hour and my name was called. same officer who gave the presentation called my name :) He asked me some the 3Qs : crime? deported? child? and he CONGRATULATED me as I have just become a PR of Canada.

he gave me the Charter of Rights and the landing paper and reminded me not to loose this landing paper because this is an important piece of paper when I need to apply for pension when I turn 65.

Let's just hope new legislation won't pass so we can become Citizen in 2 years instead of 4!

hope this helps =)

ps: I called CIC ahead of time and asked if my husband needed to be there, they said he needs to be present. Officer did not ask him for any information nor did he ask us to show any documents that shows our current address.
Congrats guys ... :) :) :) :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
nrajani_99 said:
Good Morning All,

I am just worried now, we have not gotten our landing interview date from Etobicoke office. DM was received on Jan 22nd.

Has anyone here gotten anything from the Etobicoke office recently.. Any help is much appricated.
please relax and wait few weeks ..Not even one month to ur DM ... :) :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Yslandgurl said:
Hi All,

Congrats guys .. :) :) :)

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
pritha said:
Quick question, my application received July 8th, 2013 and in progress since July 31st, 2013 (AOR) but i have not received any information for AIP. If i look into the spreadsheet the person before me which is Mocha7 already received the AIP this February 2014. Mocha7 and i are in the same month on receiving AOR, although i did not received the hard copy of the AOR but it shows in my ECAS.
Not time to worry yet. The website says they're working on applications from June 25th (I believe). Some people have received a bit earlier, but they haven't passed your date yet.

We just received AIP on Monday and our application was received March 20th, 2013. If they get past your date, you can always put a call in or do the Caips Notes.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good morning, all!

It's the middle of the week and I hope that we hear some more good news for people soon! :)

Question: If the process for DM has already started and our medicals expire after they've already started the process, do you think they'll ask for us to redo the medicals? We really really don't want to spend the extra money to get everything done all over again. :/
Sometimes CIC get the medicals extended for another 6 months.. Let's hope this is your case as well Mrs_Canuck

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
pritha said:
Hi Everyone,

It is been a long time i didn't go to this forum been busy adapting with this crazy winter. :-[ :-X :'( :mad:

Anyone has thoughts?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Pritha
Its depend on case to case and file to file, CIC never follow first came first , its totally depend on ur application, hope u understand ..so just relax and wait for ur turn, i am sure CIC will come front soon to entertain u also AND About AOR , CIC not providing any hard copy now the days , they choose go green method and sending E-MAIL (AOR) to every one ,So better u check ur email...I think u r still feeling very cold out there, better go back to bed again because winter not over yet... :p :p :p :p :p :p

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
Its depend on case to case and file to file, CIC never follow first came first , its totally depend on ur application, hope u understand ..so just relax and wait for ur turn, i am sure CIC will come front soon to entertain u also AND About AOR , CIC not providing any hard copy now the days , they choose go green method and sending E-MAIL (AOR) to every one ,So better u check ur email...I think u r still feeling very cold out there, better go back to bed again because winter not over yet... :p :p :p :p :p :p
I must admit that I love your spirit Harmin...and your posts are hilarious sometimes!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Cirene said:
Sometimes CIC get the medicals extended for another 6 months.. Let's hope this is your case as well Mrs_Canuck
Hi Cirene ..did u heard any thing about ur application or still waiting ??

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
I must admit that I love your spirit Harmin...and your posts are hilarious sometimes!
Thanks Ponga .. :)