10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Congrats, payje_p!!
What is your AOR date?

payje_p said:
We finally received AIP today!!!! :D However, I am totally taken aback in that they asked for fingerprints to be done. I'm not sure why – hubby has only ever lived in the UK and has a clean criminal history (we also have a very very straightforward application). Meds and police check have already been sent in, so I am hopeful this is the last piece of the puzzle!

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best service to use (specifically around the GTA in Ontario) – I know they list three different services on their website, but I thought I would put feelers out to the wealth of knowledge on here!
And if anyone has any insight into why they may be asking for prints I would be super appreciative! Phonetically, his last name is very common, but the spelling is very unique. He also has a fairly unique first name as well, so I'm totally puzzled!

Thanks! And best of luck (and patience!) to all those still in limbo!!! xx

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
frenchwapiti said:
I am also August applicant and start getting thrilled!!!!! it is getting closer, I am soooo excited!!!

Also I agree with you saying:
Harmin, don't worry!!!! be confident in your application and your true relationship/marriage!!!
Do not listen to all these people who try to scare you!!! Be natural and yourself. there is no reason, that, even should you be invited for an interview, it will not turn out positively,

now stop getting nervous and continue believing in your application :) :) :) :) good luck
Thanks Frenchwapiti...U all guys make me strong and positive ...thanks a lot guys , i am really appreciate ...good luck and god bless all of us :) :) :) :) :)

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
bruneian said:
Everyday, even brought my charger to work just in case. You will never know ! :p Dont worry Harmin, we will hear something back soon!
Oh really Bruneian ...well, i think u need one more extra battery :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Hi there,

It looks like you applied outland, not inland, based on the application being sent to Kingston and your timeline. You can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp for cic's timeline. Right now it's showing 22 months for the application to be processed in Jamaica. Is his work permit still valid? If not, you might have difficulty leaving and coming back. Also, this forum is specific to inland applications, so you might want to check out http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html which is more general.

Good luck!

istheendnear said:
HI THERE!

I am new to the forum world, but glad to read some encouraging stories!

We have applied inland for PR for my husband (he is from Jamaica and was here on work permit when we got married, had our child and applied)

We applied in March of 2013 then had got sent a letter for request of a medical from my husband which we did and sent back. We then got a letter in July of 2013 stating that the first part of the sponsorship was approved and second part had been sent off to Kingston, Jamaica for that processing. We are coming up on a year now for all of it combined.
My question is, does anyone know how long generally it has taken to receive word on the second half? We are hoping to travel to Jamaica for christmas this year so our children can meet his family as well as my family and our friends will be accompanying us there!

Thanks for the help!

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
AchankengCrawford said:
Hi there,

It looks like you applied outland, not inland, based on the application being sent to Kingston and your timeline. You can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp for cic's timeline. Right now it's showing 22 months for the application to be processed in Jamaica. Is his work permit still valid? If not, you might have difficulty leaving and coming back. Also, this forum is specific to inland applications, so you might want to check out http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html which is more general.

Good luck!
According to their post they applied inland ,but if they applied inland Canada then why their application transfer to Jamaica VO ???

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Hi there,

It looks like you applied outland, not inland, based on the application being sent to Kingston and your timeline. You can check here: for cic's timeline. Right now it's showing 22 months for the application to be processed in Jamaica. Is his work permit still valid? If not, you might have difficulty leaving and coming back. Also, this forum is specific to inland applications, so you might want to check out which is more general.

Good luck!

See, i was on another forum and they all said they have applied outland and im inland. i have spoken to the canadian govnt and they state 8 months is the average for this circumstance.. i am trying to see what others have been through and find hope in our own. I do know, yes, that travelling back without any paperwork is risky and we shouldnt, thats why we are trying to see where others are at to figure out if we may or may not be able too.

thanks for your reply

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
HARMIN said:
According to their post they applied inland ,but if they applied inland Canada then why their application transfer to Jamaica VO ???
it is the second part of the process I am told. The first part was up to the canadian government and t
hat was my application to sponsor and the second part is the jamaican end where they decide final? I am not exactly sure.. all has been good so far, just wanting it done! lol

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
istheendnear said:
it is the second part of the process I am told. The first part was up to the canadian government and t
hat was my application to sponsor and the second part is the jamaican end where they decide final? I am not exactly sure.. all has been good so far, just wanting it done! lol
Are you certain you applied inland?? Did you do the application yourself? Note if you apply outland the sponsor application does go to Mississauga first and then to applicant's country of origin.

*edit* re-read your original post. According to your timelines you must be an outland application to have the first part approved within a few months. That it is why the second part is going to Jamaica. Does your husband currently have status in Canada? Is he still on a work permit?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
istheendnear said:
hello istheendnear,

the first thing I would suggest to you is to make sure YOU know what application exactly you have submitted. If you have already the first part accepted, you must have a file number and a contact address at CiC. I suggest you get your file number and give them a call to make it clear for you as to know if your application is inland or outland? Only you could clarify this question with CIC.After that, depending on the result ,you may go further and they might be able to tell you where the final decision will be made.

good luck to you

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Ok, I am a little confused on where to send my police certs now. I applied through the Vegreville office last year. Should I send the certs in to Vegreville or to the new Mississauga office?

Thanks!! :)

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Linden said:
JLynn1987 did your AIP email come from Vegreville or Missisauga?
Sorry, just saw this! It came from Vegreville.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Tuesdayc said:
Ok, I am a little confused on where to send my police certs now. I applied through the Vegreville office last year. Should I send the certs in to Vegreville or to the new Mississauga office?

Thanks!! :)
Where did the request for the police certs come from? I would assume it's Vegreville for you. Recently people are still getting AIPs from Vegreville. Not everyone is being transferred to Mississauga.

You can always double check with CIC.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
istheendnear said:
May i know where ur husband right now ??i mean in canada or in jamaica?
And according to ur post u applied in march and u got first stage approval in july , but truth is no one got their first stage approval that fast in inland application...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
May i know where ur husband right now ??i mean in canada or in jamaica?
And according to ur post u applied in march and u got first stage approval in july , but truth is no one got their first stage approval that fast in inland application...
Based on the OP's other post in the Kingston thread, they did in fact apply Outland and her husband is living in Canada...hopefully in status, as that's a real problem for Outland applicants. ???

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hi guys, I guess the March wave is now long gone and most part of you I don't "know" and you don't know me, anyways here is a short explanation of my application.
I was from March 20, on January 14TH I received an email from CIC requesting 3 documents from my wife (the sponsor) and medicals from me, they didn't give AIP because of that, problem was that I sent all the documents they were requested originally and I did my medicals and sent everything as well with my application but they lost it.
Regardless I went on a spiral and was able to send the documents again in a week (I had them scanned still on my hard drive and the other one we had to go to Alberta's Queens Bench court to get), I also re booked and payed new medicals.
Last Wednesday the 12TH at 6.55PM I received an Email granting me AIP and telling me they are looking for my medicals and not to redo them until they contact me (too bad I already payed and did the medical, but I was still able to save the blood test and the X- Ray).

Because this was uncharted territory to me and there was no information of how long might it be to for them to re-access the applications after asking for more documents or anything else, seems to be that they review it after a month, this also happened to someone here that by that time told me it should be 5 weeks and as you guys can see it was 4 in my case.
Now I am planning my Cancun vacation with my wife and waiting for my work permit so I can go and get my SIN number to finally get a driver's license and start applying for a few jobs.
Thank you everybody for your support and all the knowledge shared, without this forum and the amazing people here I wouldn't have been able to do all this process by myself.
For you guys still waiting, just stay in peace, soon or later it shall come to pass...
God bless you all, I'll be around...