12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Smsm81 said:
I hope everyone has enjoy with his/her partner during the valentine day.
Guys , please hope good luck for me; we are waiting our first bay to come soon :)
what a good news, I cross my fingers everything goes well and wish you the very best!!! congratulations
Smsm81 said:
Congrats :)
She is due 21 Feb but it seems my baby boy might came little bit later on March :)
Did you sent your application already? if so, did you include your wife tax return?
good luck and congratuations to you also.

2 new babies in 2014.soooo good news. all my bet wishes of happyness

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
frenchwapiti said:
what a good news, I cross my fingers everything goes well and wish you the very best!!! congratulations
good luck and congratuations to you also.

2 new babies in 2014.soooo good news. all my bet wishes of happyness

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
We just dropped by ServiceOntario this morning and applied Ontario Health Plan (OHIP) today with the printout AIP, passport, and driver's license.

The clerk was a lady in her 50s and she was so nice and smiley during the whole time. After all she showed us a piece of paper to make sure all information was correct, and she put my wife's year of brith as 1908 and we all laughed. My wife was given one year coverage and need to renew next year. Good to know that the three months probation period starts from the date of AIP, instead of the day we apply for OHIP.

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Smsm81 said:
I hope everyone has enjoy with his/her partner during the valentine day.
Guys , please hope good luck for me; we are waiting our first bay to come soon :)
Congrats to you and your better half! Wishing you a safe delivery

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Hey guys
I'm filling out my schedule A background declaration and I have a question

From 2006-2011 I was a student, so I lived at school Sept-May for class but I was at home for the summer and the holidays/breaks. Do you think I need to fill out that I lived on campus? Except for my senior year when I lived off campus, I didn't have a proper address at school, just an on campus mail box that was essentially just used so my gram could send me cookies lol. My permanent residence remained my home address. If I wrote down my address for the times at school it would be something like "Terrace Residence Hall" and give my school's address... It's super confusing. I mean, I don't mind doing that, it's just not a real address.

Whitecap

Feb 13, 2014
corbs said:
I was under the impression that they didn't really care about proof since the application was filed? Were they not asking for more proof from before you filed?
Sorry I did mean proof before we applied just wondering on a time line after sending additional proof how long usually takes it's been a month now... If this has happened to anyone how much longer did it take get stage 1 approval. Again asked for additional cohabitation proof

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
Sup 2013'ers?!!

I GOT my work permit finally!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

:)

Are you serious? How did you end up getting it!? Haven't received mine yet, still waiting it is SO frustrating!

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
msbozick said:
Hey guys

From 2006-2011 I was a student, so I lived at school Sept-May for class but I was at home for the summer and the holidays/breaks. Do you think I need to fill out that I lived on campus? Except for my senior year when I lived off campus, I didn't have a proper address at school, just an on campus mail box that was essentially just used so my gram could send me cookies lol. My permanent residence remained my home address. If I wrote down my address for the times at school it would be something like "Terrace Residence Hall" and give my school's address... It's super confusing. I mean, I don't mind doing that, it's just not a real address.
Hi Msbozick,
I believe you have to put wherever you lived at that time. It doesn't really matter if it's not an actual address, just put the name of the building, and you can put in brackets the University name and "Dorm" (Ex: Harvard University "Shannex Hall" Dorm). My husband was also a student for 2 years and he put the address of his residence in the country he went to school at. If you went home for the summer I believe you have to put that from May-August you resided at whatever address home is. You would have to do that for the 4 years, so it could take up some room on that page and you may have to add a page to the back of that form. As far as breaks and holidays are concerned.. you wouldn't have to include those as those were just a few weeks at a time for visits. You can always call the 1-800 number as well, I found that helped when I was doing my application.

Hope that helps.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Mocha7 said:
We just dropped by ServiceOntario this morning and applied Ontario Health Plan (OHIP) today with the printout AIP, passport, and driver's license.

The clerk was a lady in her 50s and she was so nice and smiley during the whole time. After all she showed us a piece of paper to make sure all information was correct, and she put my wife's year of brith as 1908 and we all laughed. My wife was given one year coverage and need to renew next year. Good to know that the three months probation period starts from the date of AIP, instead of the day we apply for OHIP.
As long as you get DM before that year is up just stop by service ontario and show them her COPR and they will extend it to the 5 years, or whatever it is that is the 'normal'.

confused1

Apr 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

Congrats to all those who have DM and for those who haven't i hope it happens soon for you all!

I was wondering if anyone could shine some light in to some questions i have:

1. I received AIP Jan 29th 2014 and was requested to complete my medicals which i did on the 4th of February 2014 with a doctor who uses the online submission instead of paper. Now I am wondering if anyone else waited for AIP to come through before doing medical and if so how long have you waited to get DM? is it really going to be 8 months for them to get back around to my file?

2. As ignorant as this may sound, once i get PR do i even need work visa?

thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
confused1 said:
Hi everyone,

Congrats to all those who have DM and for those who haven't i hope it happens soon for you all!

I was wondering if anyone could shine some light in to some questions i have:

1. I received AIP Jan 29th 2014 and was requested to complete my medicals which i did on the 4th of February 2014 with a doctor who uses the online submission instead of paper. Now I am wondering if anyone else waited for AIP to come through before doing medical and if so how long have you waited to get DM? is it really going to be 8 months for them to get back around to my file?

2. As ignorant as this may sound, once i get PR do i even need work visa?

thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Hey, u don't need to have work visa after being a PR. U r free to work. But, if u wane work after getting AIP, u need open work permit/work visa to be employed.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
msbozick said:
Hey guys

I was also a student (same years!) and lived at school and then at my parents' house in the summer. For the year I lived on campus, I just listed the residence hall for the school year and school address and then my parents' address for the summer. I didn't list my parents' address for any breaks other than summers, as I figured I was just visiting! There wasn't enough room on the form, so I had to create a spreadsheet, which I included with my application.

Best of luck!

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
Mocha7 said:

Hi Mocha
I am a sponsor and I got AIP too. But my wife does not have a driverlicense. She just has U.S green card/social inurance card/an expired travel document from other country and we have our tenant lease agreement. Do you think these documents are enough to take to service ontario?