09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys!
congrats to all getting aip, dm and owp!
I got aip january 7th and im on implied status (lost mine during process)
i really dont need to get an owp or a student permit. hubby and i decided to wait for dm before i get back to work (personal reasons) but this situation of being on implied is getting me crazy as all "legal" documents says i should leave the country lol.
my question is, can i sent an app for an owp and not use it? can an owp be denied after aip? what happens if i do not sent an app for owp and stay implied (no status) til the end? can it fire back to us?
thanks guys :)
good luck, God bless!

Bright_skies

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
MaxLet said:
Hi guys!
i really dont need to get an owp or a student permit. hubby and i decided to wait for dm before i get back to work (personal reasons) but this situation of being on implied is getting me crazy as all "legal" documents says i should leave the country lol.
my question is, can i sent an app for an owp and not use it? can an owp be denied after aip? what happens if i do not sent an app for owp and stay implied (no status) til the end? can it fire back to us?
good luck, God bless!
Congrats on AIP!

Don't worry about the implied status, you are perfectly fine. My status lapsed right before we got the app off, and just got DM (so I began the app with no status). You can of course get an OWP if you want, use it or not. As far as I know they wouldn't deny an OWP after AIP, you already passed through the fire :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MaxLet said:
Hi guys!
good luck, God bless!
can i sent an app for an owp and not use it? Yes
can an owp be denied after aip? You should have no problem

what happens if i do not sent an app for owp and stay implied (no status) til the end? Not sure if i understand this part. 'Implied status' is a legal status. No status is not implied status. Are u sure you have implied status? What was your previous status? Note you can still be sponsored and get permanent residency even if you are here illegally. Not sure if you can get a owp in this case.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys thanks for the fast answers.
I was on student visa from 2009 til 2012
hubby and I have been living together since end of 2009 and got married july 2011.
We sent our file on march 2013 (I was out of status at that point)
we got aor, sent to quebec, quebec approval, aip and now waiting for dm.
in my aip letter says i can apply for an owp now. thats why im asking.
isnt implied status the status we get "after"losing our status, and when we have aip already?
when i meant by "legal" is that no stamp on my passport says "implied status" it just says mine is over.
the only documents that back me up are my aip letter, my csq (quebec) and my ramq (quebec inssurance)
:) thanks!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to apply for open work permit if you are not planning to work. You are fine just to wait for the process to complete, just do not leave the country till you have the PR card. If ever you need to present your legal status just present the AIP letter though I doubt you will ever need to. Unless you need healthcare then its best you apply for the open work permit.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MaxLet said:
Hi guys thanks for the fast answers.
I was on student visa from 2009 til 2012
hubby and I have been living together since end of 2009 and got married july 2011.
We sent our file on march 2013 (I was out of status at that point)
we got aor, sent to quebec, quebec approval, aip and now waiting for dm.
in my aip letter says i can apply for an owp now. thats why im asking.
isnt implied status the status we get "after"losing our status, and when we have aip already?
when i meant by "legal" is that no stamp on my passport says "implied status" it just says mine is over.
the only documents that back me up are my aip letter, my csq (quebec) and my ramq (quebec inssurance)
:) thanks!
Isnt implied status the status we get "after"losing our status, and when we have aip already? No. Implied status is when you have a current status and you apply for a new status before it runs out. For example before the end of your student visa you could have applied for a visitors status. The time waiting for that application to be processed would be implied status.

Right now you have no status since your let your status run out. I dont think AIP changes that. It'll be fine for permanent residency but dont leave the country.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
A belated congrats MisterBob thanks for keeping track of the cic processing times I have enjoyed your cic processing times updates

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

We got a letter last night from CBSA that states my husband is the subject of a removal order. We received AIP Nov '13, completed his medicals, police check was sent with original applications, OWP was sent Dec 27 '13. We've received nothing else from CIC not a thing since November. I have no idea whats happening? what would the bases of the letter be? are they going to send him home? shouldn't the AIP avoid such s thing?

Any advise please!

Yslandgurl

Jan 21, 2013
Bright_skies said:
Amazing! So they contacted you with a date for the next week? I've been wondering how far in advance they send the appointments out.

Congratulations!!! :) definitely update us after!
Thanks! and sure, will update you all of my great experience! as I am typing this, I could see from my window the fiery red sun rising. Great sign of the days to come for all of us here!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
I have so many things to do today, and I don't want to do any of them...I want to stay here and keep checking for news! Though that would probably drive me crazy sitting here refreshing my email all day :p Here's hoping we have lots of good news today!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
JHWife2011 said:
HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

We got a letter last night from CBSA that states my husband is the subject of a removal order. We received AIP Nov '13, completed his medicals, police check was sent with original applications, OWP was sent Dec 27 '13. We've received nothing else from CIC not a thing since November. I have no idea whats happening? what would the bases of the letter be? are they going to send him home? shouldn't the AIP avoid such s thing?

Any advise please!
That is sad news. :eek: Why dont you call CIC to ask them what happened! also call CBSA asking them for more explanation . find good immigration lawyer and go with your letter asking for advise. I am sorry to read that. Keep us updated about what you will get please

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Smsm81 said:
That is sad news. :eek: Why dont you call CIC to ask them what happened! also call CBSA asking them for more explanation . find good immigration lawyer and go with your letter asking for advise. I am sorry to read that. Keep us updated about what you will get please
Thank you. I called CIC this morning, the application is still in progress.....relief. Then advised that we call CBSA. So we did. They said that he is subject to removal and we must attend the interview, we would never not attend anyway. We've played by the rules and intend to continue to do so. I advised the agent at CBSA that we have first stage approval, with a OWP application filed, she said most likely due to the fact that we have first stage approval CBSA will tell my husband to continue to report in monthly until the final decision has been made on our application and he lands.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
JHWife2011 said:
Thank you. I called CIC this morning, the application is still in progress.....relief. Then advised that we call CBSA. So we did. They said that he is subject to removal and we must attend the interview, we would never not attend anyway. We've played by the rules and intend to continue to do so. I advised the agent at CBSA that we have first stage approval, with a OWP application filed, she said most likely due to the fact that we have first stage approval CBSA will tell my husband to continue to report in monthly until the final decision has been made on our application and he lands.
at least good news.
The question is why he was issued such a note? do you have any idea? Dont worry after all :)

higgins1

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014 CSQ: 06-02-2014 AIP + DM: 09-04-2015
JHWife2011 said:
Somebody had the same situation in this forum before.. in their case the husband didn't have AIP or OWP yet, he was just out of status for almost a year.. CBSA let him stay in Canada after the interview and CIC processed their app in priority..
So don't worry, everything will be fine!!