Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Cirene said:
Hi guys, 17:36 and I got nothing today! Monday I guess :(
keep your faith and enjoy the weekend, it will not help if you are sad. for sure you will have some good news on Monday, i croos my fingers for you!!!!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Cirene said:
Hi guys, 17:36 and I got nothing today! Monday I guess :(
Hang in there Cirene, you are gonna get good news real soon.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Line.a said:
I really start to wonder why they take so long on us two! ???
Line.a, can't your landlord ask the new tenants where the letters are posted from? For instance,CIC mail should have CIC address.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
hockeyfan said:
Still no OWP for me :(.

Our applications are processed on a first come first serve basis pretty much. 2014 applicants shouldn't be hearing before us unless there are special circumstances or most if not all 2013 applications have been processed.
SS Kingston and you share the same AIP date and he/she got OWP yesterday so, I am sure you will get it by early next week.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
guri3577 said:
Line.a, can't your landlord ask the new tenants where the letters are posted from? For instance,CIC mail should have CIC address.
He already did, we are stopping by tomorrow to pick up some mail. He didn't specify what, so I am very curious :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Line.a said:
He already did, we are stopping by tomorrow to pick up some mail. He didn't specify what, so I am very curious :)
Ok, hoping it is your AIP :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Cirene, was there ever an issue with your or your hubby's contact information? I just called CIC today and even though I corrected the issue with my contact information months ago, they still sent the AIP email to the wrong email that they had on file for me before I changed it. They said they would leave a note to resend the email today but I still haven't received it.

I would also not give up on the weekends, there seems to be a number of CIC people working on the weekends now to catch up to the overflow. In fact, they aren't having any new inland applications come in as they are all being sent to Mississauga now. Ours are the only files sitting there. :) It will happen for you soon since we received AIP and you have the same dates.

Also, holy cow! Either I remember nothing while filling out the application, but I just took a peek at the new forms for questionnaire and everything and wow. They are really different! They definitely want more details from future applicants!

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
mariannamurrieta said:
BobbyJo said:
Hubby received OWP in the mail today - 4 days after receiving AIP & DM.
Wooohooooo now he can get off his butt and get back to work (LOL)!!!! ;D
[/quote

I laugh!

OWP arrived and 2 days after I got a job not in my field
Working in a health centre, but anything is better than still
Sitting at home, I volunteer for 2 years is great experience
But, still no income.

Good luck to your husband he will find something fast, for sure because after the long wait we
Deserve it.

Thanks Mariana and congratulations on finding a job so quickly!!!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
guri3577 said:
Ok, hoping it is your AIP :)
I hope so too, it's been taking a while :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
line.a, guri, mrs_canuck and everybody here, thank you so much for your support, I cannot express how grateful I am for this forum and with all of your kind words. It means A LOT to me. Thank you thank you THANK YOU.

Ps: I'll call them this Monday to make sure my info is right. My husband has a crazy long last name and of course his gmail address is crazy too so maybe that's the problem. I'll let you know as soon as I can!

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
With the AIP Email we also got this letter

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
Immigration legislation requires that all applicants for permanent residence and their family members if applicable complete medical examinations. The required medical forms and instructions have been sent to the email address provided on your application form.
The information requested above must be received at this office by 24April2014. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent residence being refused. Our office in ........will be contacting your family members. In the meantime if you are in contact with your family members please encourage them to comply with all requests as their compliance will help to ensure timely processing of your application.

I have a son, he turns 22 this year, so he still counts as a dependant. He dont want to do the medical and he also dont want to join me ever in Canada.
Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem? I can not force him to undergo the medical.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Daradiro said:
With the AIP Email we also got this letter

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
Immigration legislation requires that all applicants for permanent residence and their family members if applicable complete medical examinations. The required medical forms and instructions have been sent to the email address provided on your application form.
The information requested above must be received at this office by 24April2014. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent residence being refused. Our office in ........will be contacting your family members. In the meantime if you are in contact with your family members please encourage them to comply with all requests as their compliance will help to ensure timely processing of your application.

I have a son, he turns 22 this year, so he still counts as a dependant. He dont want to do the medical and he also dont want to join me ever in Canada.
Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem? I can not force him to undergo the medical.
It is only your dependants who are joining you, who need to have their medical done. That's as far as I'm concerned :)

Not sure how to go about the fact he's not wishing to join you - whether you'd need to inform CIC about that, hopefully someone more experienced than myself can help you out with that part.

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Cirene said:
line.a, guri, mrs_canuck and everybody here, thank you so much for your support, I cannot express how grateful I am for this forum and with all of your kind words. It means A LOT to me. Thank you thank you THANK YOU.

Ps: I'll call them this Monday to make sure my info is right. My husband has a crazy long last name and of course his gmail address is crazy too so maybe that's the problem. I'll let you know as soon as I can!
My fingers are crossed for you Cirene. It will happen very soon! Hang in there!

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Congrats to everyone who received AIP and DM in the last few days. It's so nice to see movement!

I was surprised to hear that the new applications are being sent to CPC-Mississauga. Does anyone know what this change is attributed to? Is it meant to speed up the process? Or is it temporary so CIC-Vegreville can get caught up? Interesting development. It seems to me that this is good news for us though. If Vegreville isn't getting new aps, then they can spend all their time and energy sorting through the ones they have. Hopefully this means things will move even faster!

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Ponga said:
I think you're fine...really.

Think of it this way:

If you were born on 01/01/01, you would have your first birthday on 01/01/02, NOT 01/02/02.

You would be one year old ONE YEAR AFTER YOU WERE BORN, not one year + 1 day. Most people celebrate their birth on the EXACT DATE that they were born, right?

However, if you began living with your Common-law partner on February 29th in a leap year, you would use March 1st of the following year as your official date...I think?!?!

You are not common-law until you have been living together, and fighting over the remote control for ONE YEAR (or more in some provinces) , but...I like your `story'. ;)
Thanks Ponga we'll just have to wait & see.