+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

amirbutt28

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
I sent my application like 1 and half month ago I just know that they received my application but they didnt update my status I am little bit worried did any one experienced such before how long it takes usually to receive first letter from government?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
red_gatsby said:
Oh *censored word*..I know what you mean now, the address in the checklist states Mississauga while website states Vegreville..
I think you should call CIC to verify that, somewhere is wrong since the checklist is jan2014 version..
Yes, that's right! The one in the checklist changed. We submitted our application last december 31, 2013 and they received it last January 3, 2014. Now its kinda confusing for all the new applicants who will sens their application soon.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
red_gatsby said:
Hi where did you get that info from?
Im pretty sure you got that wrong, I just checked the CIC website and all IN canada applications are to be sent to Vegreville office

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp

For applications:CPC VegrevillePermanent Residence Applications6212-55th AvenueVegreville, ABT9C 1W3

Check this thread..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.135.html

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Congrats to those who received their AIPs and DMs this past week! Happy happy :)

This might be a little off topic and not immigration related.. But I am being sort of unlucky these days.. We still haven't received my OWP and therefore not being able to apply for AB health care! I am having the most severe tooth/gum aches and I'm almost a 100% sure it's a wisdom tooth coming in.. But the pain is excruciating.. I've had to take codeine to only relieve the pain for a short while (worse at night time)

To you out there, having wisdoms coming in, is it really supposed to hurt like this? Can't afford to go to the dentist :-[

Sorry for the off topic, I just don't know what to do right now. Ugh

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
Sweden is visa-exempt, right? Visa-exempt applicants are at *less* risk than those who require a visa, but the risk for being denied entry to Canada still exists.

You are "advised" not to travel throughout the duration of your inland application. You can travel, but if you are denied entry to Canada on the way back, your application is considered abandoned, and you have to start all over again. You're not even supposed to travel (commercially) without your PR card, though a lot of visa-exempt PRs seem to have traveled after landing as a PR but before receiving their cards without trouble (I just made a trip to the US between landing and PR card receipt and had no trouble re-entering Canada).

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, though it seems there have been a good number of visa-exempt applicants who have traveled during the process without trouble. I'm just too risk adverse. The process was too hard on me. I'd have lost all hope if I'd have had to start all over at some point.
Thank you so much, QuebecOkie! I appreciate all the help you have offered, means a lot!
I will definitely not risk our application being tossed away because of it, and knowing I had a small warning once makes me want to stay until everything has finished :)

I'm from Denmark, but it's the same as Sweden - visa excempt hehe :D

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Happy anniversary to you and your other half, Cirene! Hope you have an amazing day. This is what we're all going through this for: to be able to spend more days like this with the person we love. :)

Line.a, hubby went through something similar before his work permit expired and therefore his health insurance coverage. He couldn't sleep at night and no matter the amount of pain gels or pills he took it just wasn't helping. He went to the dentist and found out his wisdom tooth was impacted (had grown in sideways). In the end it had to be extracted. Now, nearly 7 months later, his other wisdom tooth is bothering him... so trust me, I know exactly what you're going through worrying about dentist costs. Cloves also help with pain, also... wine. :p

I think at this point is about what kind of pain you can manage. I hope you feel better soon!

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Line.a said:
Congrats to those who received their AIPs and DMs this past week! Happy happy :)

This might be a little off topic and not immigration related.. But I am being sort of unlucky these days.. We still haven't received my OWP and therefore not being able to apply for AB health care! I am having the most severe tooth/gum aches and I'm almost a 100% sure it's a wisdom tooth coming in.. But the pain is excruciating.. I've had to take codeine to only relieve the pain for a short while (worse at night time)

To you out there, having wisdoms coming in, is it really supposed to hurt like this? Can't afford to go to the dentist :-[

Sorry to hear that Line.a...wisdom tooth hurts like a B if they're trying to grow sideways or within limited space..
I had 4 of them extracted =(
Sometimes ur tooth/gums are inflammed thats why its causing so much pain..
Try using mouthwash or gargle with warm water + salt for a few days to clean it out, orajel (u can get it from shoppers or walmart etc) helps numb the affected area temporarily.. Thats to help with external pain and you probably have to take some painkillers if you really cant stand the pain..once your inflammation goes away, the pain might go away for awhile..
Hope this helps and feel better soon!

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Happy anniversary to you and your other half, Cirene! Hope you have an amazing day. This is what we're all going through this for: to be able to spend more days like this with the person we love. :)

Line.a, hubby went through something similar before his work permit expired and therefore his health insurance coverage. He couldn't sleep at night and no matter the amount of pain gels or pills he took it just wasn't helping. He went to the dentist and found out his wisdom tooth was impacted (had grown in sideways). In the end it had to be extracted. Now, nearly 7 months later, his other wisdom tooth is bothering him... so trust me, I know exactly what you're going through worrying about dentist costs. Cloves also help with pain, also... wine. :p

I think at this point is about what kind of pain you can manage. I hope you feel better soon!
Hi line.a sorry to hear about your toothache. if your spouse has dental coverage and names you under with the insurance provider you are covered too. Not sure if that helps at all

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Line.a said:

Linea if you moved you should ensure that cic have the right address even if you change it on ecas it still does not show into their system.i find it a lil odd that you have not received OWP by now I hv seen others received it 4 days after AIP.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
folks-g said:
Linea if you moved you should ensure that cic have the right address even if you change it on ecas it still does not show into their system.i find it a lil odd that you have not received OWP by now I hv seen others received it 4 days after AIP.
That's what I thought. I did change it on both our ecas and went and paid $50 some dollars to get our mail forwarded! Bah.. Why oh why lol :-X

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Line.a said:
That's what I thought. I did change it on both our ecas and went and paid $50 some dollars to get our mail forwarded! Bah.. Why oh why lol :-X
Most federal mail will have a 'do not forward' marked on the envelope. Or at least that is the case in the US. Maybe it's different here, but if it isn't that would explain why you've not yet seen it.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Line.a said:
Line, you should call to CIC and ask whether your address is updated. Unfortunately only changing address on the e-cas isn't enough. Your OWP might have been sent to the old address. (In that case, as Alurra told you, your OWP is not forwarded to the new address.)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:

Oh Mrs_Canuck, thank you so much for your sweet words!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOTH YOU TOO! One year already eh? so quick!.. I hope you guys enjoy today and many more years of happy marriage :D

PS: This weeks is OUR week :D (finally)

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Hello everyone! I am l long time lurker on this page. It's gotten me through some really tough times. Now that CIC has gotten their groove
back and are actually making some progress, I am starting to get nervous as well as excited. I am sponsoring my American-born commom-law hubby. He arrived on a visitor visa and was denied an extension, therefore, he was out of status for a bit. I know that being out of status does not affect the application but I'm worried that because he was denied a visa and given a date to leave, that this may change things. Any ideas if this makes a difference?

Thanks in advance for any help.