Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Bebecharmed said:
Well, I am hoping you and line.a receive good news this week as I am just behind you... Goodluck to us!!!
I honestly wasn't expecting them to work on files during the holidays! But that's great though. I keep checking emails for good news! Hopefully we all hear something real soon

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Line.a said:
I honestly wasn't expecting them to work on files during the holidays! But that's great though. I keep checking emails for good news! Hopefully we all hear something real soon

We are almost there

Happy new year

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Blackdisc said:
What happens if one loses his job and has sponspored his spouse (waiting for AIP) ? :(
I'm terribly sorry to hear that you may find yourself in this situation.

As far as I know, there is no income requirement to sponsor a spouse, as long as the sponsor is not on government/social assistance. CIC wants to make sure that if/when the applicant becomes a PR they are not required to go on any financial assistance (welfare) that would cost the government money and that they can support themselves.

Does the sponsor have savings? Does the applicant have savings? If no, does the sponsor have family members that would be willing to financially support the sponsor/applicant until such time that the sponsor can find a new job/source of income? If yes for any of the above, make a case for it. Print out screenshots of savings accounts, get bank printouts and official documents from the account manager at your local branch that provide proof of savings. Print out screenshots of the applicants bank accounts. Get a letters from family/friends/relatives that are willing to help the sponsor/applicant out in the time that they don't have a steady income. Provide proof that the sponsor is making efforts to find another job as well.

I'm not sure if I've covered everything, so maybe a more senior member can add or confirm my post.

Please don't be discouraged, I know how it feels. You will get through this.

:)

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Blackdisc said:
What happens if one loses his job and has sponspored his spouse (waiting for AIP) ? :(
The application won't be affected even if you lost your job. If you are on EI, it is ok because it is not a social assistance. But you have to find another job if your spouse has no job. :p happy New Year!!!!

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
Hi i have a quick question guys hope someone would help , i just sent in my inland application along with an owp application. early in 2013 i have been granted the visitor visa for 3 years so it expires 2016. after i get my owp approved i know it takes up to 10 months now , can i leave the country for a short break and come back and wait for my pr approval ? i heard that as long as you have an owp and a visitor visa it is okay to go for short visits is that correct?

thanks
Dalia

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
Happy holidays everyone! My hubby and I just returned last night from a Caribbean cruise and I'm happy to say that he made it through immigration at Pearson airport without any problems. When we booked the cruise in July we actually thought that we would have received AIP by now (app sent in April). Strangely, the agent said that there is nothing in the system to show that an application for PR was filed, however they did have documentation that his visitor's visa had been renewed recently. My hubby showed the agent the email from CIC confirming our application, the receipt for the fees paid and the GCMS notes and he was cleared. What a relief! Hopefully this will be the last time that we have to go through this experience.

We have travelled several times while my husband was here on a visitor's visa (from the US) and he had been hassled every time. This was the first time that we travelled since filing the sponsorship application. In the past they had revoked his visitor's visa and given him 30 days to leave the country. In each case we would file for a renewal of his visitor's visa the next day, which would give him implied status and he has never had to leave.

A couple of years ago he drove to the US to visit his mother who was ill at the time. When he tried to return to Canada a couple of days later he was denied entry. He called me in tears not knowing what to do. The border agent told him that he had to prove that he had a job and a residence in the US before he would be allowed back in. Well, he left his high-paying job and sold his house to live here with me! I told him to go to another border crossing and speak to another agent. He did and the agent actually called me to verify his story and he was granted entry.

I know that each time we took a chance leaving the country, however we refuse to allow this process to put our lives on hold. Thank goodness it's almost over.

Wishing you all the best for a happy, blessed new year. May all your dreams come true!

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
woooow , Thanks & i am glad you made it back safe . well i know there is a risk but my husband and i are leaving together to visit home this september 2013 and we will be returning back to canada together in october so i guess i have to have a very good reason to present when asked by an official "why i am leaving while my application is still in process? ". i am praying to have at LEAST my OWP and the first approval confirmation granted before i leave in sept to show it upon my entry back.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Looks like CIC updated the website on December 27th and they moved the date forward - they're working on January 29th applications, which we know means they're working on February applications since we've seen a few February apps get AIP.

So close for some of us! :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Happy new year!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Hilo said:
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Mar 14/2013, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?
Seems like your file is in queue for an interview. If you don't mind me asking, do you guys have any red flags?

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Hilo said:
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Mar 14/2013, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?
Hi Hilo,

That usually means there are red flags involved with your application. You should order your GCMS notes to see what the case officer is saying. They should give a reason for the transfer. Did you get an email saying your application has been transferred? This will most probably delay your application.

Also, you should ask other more experienced members of this forum too.

All the best,

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
guri3577 said:
Congrats to UKZippy for getting work permit :)
Thanks Guri ;D

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
applied4PR said:
Why did it take so long (2 months) for you to get the OWP???
Hi applied4PR,

Because I didn't send it in with the whole application......tight finances at the time :(

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Hi all,

A slight hiccup with my application.....the medical! Police check was fine and cic have it.
The day before I was supposed to have a medical the ice storm hit Toronto. Massive power outages etc. Some still don't have power 8 days on!!!

And you guessed, the doctors office I was supposed to go to was closed. All I got was a voice mail message. No call from them to re-book...nothing! So after franticlly calling round all the Panel Doctors in Toronto I finally found one that was open. Medical was booked but it is for Jan 7th. CIC want the results by Jan 15th. ??? It takes 4-6 weeks to process the results...grrrrrrr.

Quick call to CIC, they've said to write to vegraville and ask for an extension, but it's up to them to grant it or not!!!!

Fingers crossed :-X

I would hope they would see the extream situation that occoured and grant it, especially as they have been on strike and messed us all up.