Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
We're moving next week and I was just wondering;

Has any of you moved during the process, and if so did you just change the email on ECAS or did you call and tell them? :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Line.a said:

Has any of you moved during the process, and if so did you just change the email on ECAS or did you call and tell them? :)
We haven't moved but, I would do the following:
1. Change it online.
2. Call CIC and make sure they have the updated the address.
3. Set up mail forwarding service.

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
Omg apparently cic doesn't work on friday and monday ::) :D

Crossing fingers for next week. :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
UGH. Just spent my entire break at work on the phone waiting for an agent at CIC to pick up the phone. I asked her if sending in suplimentary documentation (unrequested documentation) would slow down or delay the processing of the application, she said she'd send me the email for the Vegreville office via email and to ask them and hung up. I get the email she sent me and it's just an email that says "visit our website - CPC Vegreville". No email, just mailing addresses which I could have located myself. UGH!

So now I'm worried that sending supplimentary information at this stage will delay the application - we are so close too! And she made me nervous because she said that "they have the information they need to make a decision." UGH! Not sure if that means they have all they asked for in the application or that they've already made a decision! Stressing out!

Would they have already set up an interview for us if that was the case? Today is Friday, I'm not supposed to be this high strung!
If my gcms notes mention that the officer thinks that our relationship is not genuine,I will definitely be sending more proof next month.

trana

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
Line.a said:

Hi Line.a,

We have moved during the process. I'm a March applicant and we did move in October. At first we were going to change the address on ecas, but then we didn't want to lose the ability to see our application process on ecas (you would have to check this box in order to submit the address change online that says "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site")

So we called right after the move in October. However, the address on ecas was never changed. So I called again just earlier this week. The agent checked our address on their system and it was the updated (new) address. He said the system they have at CIC is not the same system that we see on ecas. ecas will get updated later than their system. But right after the second call, our address was changed right away on the ecas system.

And yes, as Guri mentioned, I also set up the mail forwarding service from my former address.

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Line.a said:

We moved about 3 months after AOR. My wife called to update our address, but she was told by the agent that she could only update her own address, and that I would have to call to update mine (even though we live at the same address!). I called right away, but the change wasn't reflected on ECAS for about a week. I just checked everyday until our new address appeared.

There is an option to do it online, but I wasn't able to use it because I don't have a UCI...otherwise I would have saved myself the 20 minutes on hold with CIC! :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
trana said:
you would have to check this box in order to submit the address change online that says "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site"
Thanks for clarifying, something new I got to learn.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
guri3577 said:
Thanks for clarifying, something new I got to learn.
you do not have to check that box to update online. I updated an error on cics part without checking that box and it did in fact work fine. Just for clarification purposes.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
We are think about moving in June of next year hoping to have everything done by then haha I can only hope. I was also curious about the changing of address & mail forwarding.

Is it true that when you get mail forwarding service through Canada Post they can't forward government letters ? I'm pretty sure I read that on here somewhere.

I don't see why not

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Alurra71 said:
you do not have to check that box to update online. I updated an error on cics part without checking that box and it did in fact work fine. Just for clarification purposes.
Thanks for clarifying :)

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Alurra71 said:
Yes, same in my case. I didnt have to check the box.. Just continue writing in your new address. It will say will be updated like in 15 days but my changed address effected in 5 days.

gomdori

Sep 13, 2013
Hello,

I have received my AIP and DM very recently. Thank you so much for such sweet congratulations last time.
I hope everything goes well with everyone here who are waiting for their news.

I have a few questions again in regard to the Right of Permanent Residence Fee:

This is the paragraph I have scraped from the pdf (attached via my email) document I have received:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of
permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared
to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at cic. You must print a
receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in ( ) when you are
scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have paid $490 through cic website and am keeping the receipt of it.

Questions are:

(1) Given that I have paid $490 through cic website, should I separately notify the local office that
I have paid $490 through cic website, (like, by sending my receipt via email) while waiting for the
final interview appointment?
In other words, am I good now? (without doing anything further?)

(2) How long usually does it take to be scheduled for final interview to obtain your confirmation of
PR in the local office since the DM?

Please help. Once again, I hope everyone gets their good news very shortly!

trana

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
shyla36 said:
Yes, same in my case. I didnt have to check the box.. Just continue writing in your new address. It will say will be updated like in 15 days but my changed address effected in 5 days.
Oops. Apologies on my misleading info. I must have done something wrong when I tried to change my address online then. :(