+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

giorjana

Oct 2, 2013
Hi, I'm new to the forum, We'll be sending our inland sponsorship application next week, I have my first question though, Where is the form for the Open Work Permit? I mean where in the Immigration Canada website, I'm not sure what is it called. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
giorjana said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, We'll be sending our inland sponsorship application next week, I have my first question though, Where is the form for the Open Work Permit? I mean where in the Immigration Canada website, I'm not sure what is it called. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
here it is. it has an additional $150 application fee.

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Gao_Ji said:
The box we mailed in actually weighed 11lbs lol :eek:
holy cow! what did you send! hahah
I didn't really bother sending every detail about our marriage since we have already been living together almost for a year.
In one of the forms they were asking to provide all of our friends who are aware of our relationship. Well, I am not going to write a list of EVERY single friend of mine. They can stalk on my facebook profile if they need to :)

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
BC will not provide health coverage until 2nd stage when your Permanent Resident Application changes from "Application Received" to "In Process". In my opinion, the wording they use on the MSP website is a bit confusing - they make it sound like you could be covered once your application for permanent residence has been received but they actually mean "accepted" which is AIP:

"A spouse or a child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active."

I know this from personal experience as we applied for my husband but were denied and told to reapply when we had proof that CIC had actually begun processing his application.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Gao_Ji said:
OMG..yaaa was such a big relief once the box was sealed and sent out!!
My partner and I were so stressed doing the application (more so me, I had bad dreams almost every night lol) and it just felt so surreal after everything was done..
I felt so lost after, didnt even know what to do haha
Hmmm so the current wait time is stated as 19 months but does anyone have any idea approximately how long a wait are the inland applicants looking at?
Read up that usually inland applications would take wayyy longer than the quoted processing time? :'(
We're about 8 months into it all and I'm sincerely hoping I get my work permit soon so I can get out of these four walks and see other faces. It's ridiculous haha. Yup so did I.. My eye was twitching a couple days after it all was sent off just pure stress! We aren't sure it's very hard to tell these days.. Because they keep updating it, it goes up and then down. I doubt it's going to be 19 months but we are definitely behind. :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So what are the guesses for the new processing time?

I guess the date is going to move up to November, as I have seen multiple ppl in the 2012 thread getting approvals from November!! Yaay! :D

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
ACS said:
So what are the guesses for the new processing time?

I guess the date is going to move up to November, as I have seen multiple ppl in the 2012 thread getting approvals from November!! Yaay! :D
I say November the 5th. Yesterday someone got AIP that applied November 15th
Good luck

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Yaaaaayyy!!! I can login to eCAS now!!!!whooooohooo.....

Maybe not all that exciting in reality...but it has me pretty darn excited!! lol

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
ACS said:
Yaaaaayyy!!! I can login to eCAS now!!!!whooooohooo.....

Maybe not all that exciting in reality...but it has me pretty darn excited!! lol
Cool that makes me happy for you and also it kind shows things are moving along since as I said before it took mine 6 months to work. I started working the day the strike ended

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
stellahello said:
Hello,

It seems your wife is Korean. We are Korean too, and I applied for the PR for my boyfriend.
What I have heard about your question is she would go and come back to Canada.
One of my friend came back to Canada without any problems at the border.
Of course, there is no 100% Guarantee; however, it would be easier than the visitor status.
Thank you for your reply :)
Yes she is Korean.
How long did your friend stay outside Canada? She is planning to stay there for 2 months or so, and I will come to pick her up and come back together with me ( I have PR), which I assume, if we come back together it will make it easier as well.

Gao_Ji

Oct 2, 2013
nyquist said:
holy cow! what did you send! hahah
I didn't really bother sending every detail about our marriage since we have already been living together almost for a year.
In one of the forms they were asking to provide all of our friends who are aware of our relationship. Well, I am not going to write a list of EVERY single friend of mine. They can stalk on my facebook profile if they need to :)
lololol i know ehhh..when i first started reading the forum and i saw that someone mentioned they mailed in 4lbs and i told my boyfriend that's madness!
who knows when we weighed ours, it was 11lbs..fml :-X
but ya, we're not married and just lived together for 15 months now so i guess we tried to prove everything?
actually i guess most of the weight was from our email print-outs, we did not include any phone calls/text or anything else as we mostly email..
and quite a number of pictures?
I dont even think we included a lot of info tho, maybe its just the box thats heavy :p
I've been here on a visitor visa for 3 years this month, this was my 6th time extending it lol
pretty lucky i must say..
but i only met my boyfriend last year, started dating april and moved in july..
prior to that, i actually came here for my previous boyfriend and stayed with him for a year or so but he was very mentally/emotionally abusive..
the last straw was when he physically abused me and i mustered the courage to leave and was gonna go home but so unexpectedly i met and fell in love with the best guy ever and here we are now lol
so i guess they might question the short time from my previous relationship to this current one?

Gao_Ji

Oct 2, 2013
Line.a said:
We're about 8 months into it all and I'm sincerely hoping I get my work permit soon so I can get out of these four walks and see other faces. It's ridiculous haha. Yup so did I.. My eye was twitching a couple days after it all was sent off just pure stress! We aren't sure it's very hard to tell these days.. Because they keep updating it, it goes up and then down. I doubt it's going to be 19 months but we are definitely behind. :)
oh yay!! 8 months is good, at least just around a year's wait but definitely soon for your OWP!
good luck on that! hope u get it soon..
it sucks having not to work and doing nothing all day, everyone seems to think that we have no stress whatsoever since we sit around all day lol
And not having any income pretty bad too, feel so useless unable to help out much around the house :'(

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I wonder if they are not going to update the timeline today? Isn't it usually updated by now??

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
ACS said:
I wonder if they are not going to update the timeline today? Isn't it usually updated by now??
It is. I noticed it too. Its usually updated on Wednesdays. Not that it matters, I doubt it'll be updated to April, as I wish it did :-[

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Rita27 said:
It is. I noticed it too. Its usually updated on Wednesdays. Not that it matters, I doubt it'll be updated to April, as I wish it did :-[
Lol...No Kidding. But any movement is nice to see...it's a step in the right direction at least!! :) Every little bit closer is beautiful to see ;)