INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Happywife08 said:
Hi guys
I am curious about something.

How is this possible?
It seemed a little scattered.
Do you want to change your last name to your husband's? I assume you live (or plan to live) in Canada and it doesn't really matter what is your last name in Costa Rica. Especially once you have your Canadian citizenship/passport.

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/name/

ruxi1116zy

Sep 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess029 said:
Hi guys, thanks for all your help. Yes i got it! Muah muah,,, :-*
My application is on process now. Yeah, You guys has given an answer of my question that i had in mind. So now whats next and how long should i wait? I just hope im one of the lucky applicant here that wont wait too long. God bless us all!!!

My sponsor got AOR email last week, and I have been trying to check application status online, using sponsor's last name, birthday, uci number/ fn number, birthday and so on, but I could not get any information. Anybody had the same problem before? any suggestions ?

it shows:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Date modified: 2013-07-11

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
It worked for me when I use application number and the principal applicant's info. If you had applied for study/work/visitor permit before you will have a UCI assigned to you, and you can use that too. I believe UCI/Sponsor info will take a few months to show up until app is in process.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Hello friends,

Need some help for anyone that has tried calling the call center before.

This is the number I called: 1-888-242‑2100 (I'm assuming it's the right number?)

So I selected permanent residence when I got the automated voice, and then I used my UCI number and confirmed my birthdate, and then all of a sudden it said transferring to agent and then says it can't transfer due to high volume of calls and just hangs up on me.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
ruxi1116zy said:
My sponsor got AOR email last week, and I have been trying to check application status online, using sponsor's last name, birthday, uci number/ fn number, birthday and so on, but I could not get any information. Anybody had the same problem before? any suggestions ?
When my husband got AOR email, I tried to check e-cas. But it didn't work. After 2-3 days, it worked. It might take some days to access to e-cas.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
CANUSA31 said:
Hello friends,

Need some help for anyone that has tried calling the call center before.

This is the number I called: 1-888-242‑2100 (I'm assuming it's the right number?)

So I selected permanent residence when I got the automated voice, and then I used my UCI number and confirmed my birthdate, and then all of a sudden it said transferring to agent and then says it can't transfer due to high volume of calls and just hangs up on me.

Has this happened to anyone else before?
You should try calling early in the morning (8am-10am) when call volumes are low. There is still a 10min wait time. ALso,if you are being sponsored, then you should press sponsorship (#3).

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
nyquist said:
It seemed a little scattered.
Do you want to change your last name to your husband's? I assume you live (or plan to live) in Canada and it doesn't really matter what is your last name in Costa Rica. Especially once you have your Canadian citizenship/passport.

http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/name/
Not really if that was the case I would have said that. and just ask straight forward
I don't see nothing wrong with changing your name or not that it is my point it doesn't even matter it doesn't change your love or relationship.

I've always been interested in legal things like this. That's probably the reason why I own many books in law even though I am not a lawyer or law student.. LOL Maybe I should.

And yes I live in Canada that's why I'm applying INLAND

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Happywife08 said:
Not really if that was the case I would have said that. and just ask straight forward
I don't see nothing wrong with changing your name or not that it is my point it doesn't even matter it doesn't change your love or relationship.

I've always been interested in legal things like this. That's probably the reason why I own many books in law even though I am not a lawyer or law student.. LOL Maybe I should.

And yes I live in Canada that's why I'm applying INLAND
Well, the link I gave in the previous post should satisfy your curiosity ;)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
nyquist said:
That's exactly what I will do. I will submit the receipts for exam, x-ray and blood/urine tests to my insurance company to claim it. The insurance company I have, never question what it is for.
Thank you for answering the question.
I will post how it works.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
For those who might know,( i am filling up the extension of my visitir status), what do i put on the details of visit to canada *a) purpose of my visit. Is it Tourism or Others? Can i check Others and explain that I am awaiting on my residency application and wanted to have a "legal status" ( i know we are on implied status as well) and wiuld like to avail of the alberta health card? I checked tourism but i thought it should be others too. Pleasedhelp. Thanks a lot.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
shyla36 said:
For those who might know,( i am filling up the extension of my visitir status), what do i put on the details of visit to canada *a) purpose of my visit. Is it Tourism or Others? Can i check Others and explain that I am awaiting on my residency application and wanted to have a "legal status" ( i know we are on implied status as well) and wiuld like to avail of the alberta health card? I checked tourism but i thought it should be others too. Pleasedhelp. Thanks a lot.
Hi Shyla. When I applied for my extension, I chose 'Other' and I wrote 'Currently waiting for my permanent resident status' as a reason. I also attached a word document file and I explained that I have applied for PR (Inland) with photocopies of marriage certificate, a receipt of PR fee and e-mail of AOR, just in case.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Tomorisu said:
Hi Shyla. When I applied for my extension, I chose 'Other' and I wrote 'Currently waiting for my permanent resident status' as a reason. I also attached a word document file and I explained that I have applied for PR (Inland) with photocopies of marriage certificate, a receipt of PR fee and e-mail of AOR, just in case.
Thank you Tomorisu! :) :)

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Tomorisu said:
Shoot! I never thought about including the receipt of my PR app and the AOR along with my visitor extension application... :'( I also checked others and wrote down awaiting permanent residency approval. I thought they can verify that using my UCI number. Now I feel like sending them a copy of such. :-X :-X

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding.Me!

Anyone who is a regular on this thread knows I have been stressing about getting our AOR, since they had passed the date for ours when it should have been issued…..

So last week had a problem with my Rogers email, and had to open a ticket with Rogers to get it fixed. I explained how urgent it was as I was awaiting essential information from Immigration. They said they would put a rush on it. They didn’t do it properly and it took an extra few days…..

And wouldn’t you know it, they sent our AOR on Sept.26th, and we didn’t get it cuz of the email problem!!! Arrrgggg!!! (as it turns out Sept.26th was the ONLY day of emails they weren’t able to recover…HA!Ha! Ha!...JUST MY LUCK!!!! – I’m laughing so that I won’t cry instead) :p

I wanted to have it SOLID PROOF in my hand that we have our Application in Process. As my husband is technically out of Status, it would be a comfort to have that in case of any problems.

I was given my UCI# by phone, I still can’t login to eCAS, but I know that takes a few days after it’s issued til it works. (Anyone remember approx. how long??)

My question to those of you with access to eCAS, is there anything that you can print out once you are able to login which is somewhat equivalent to the AOR that gives a solid confirmation that you have applied?

To me the receipt you print out doesn’t do much good, because you fill in by hand your information. Anyone could print up a similar looking receipt….

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding.Me!

Anyone who is a regular on this thread knows I have been stressing about getting our AOR, since they had passed the date for ours when it should have been issued.....

So last week had a problem with my Rogers email, and had to open a ticket with Rogers to get it fixed. I explained how urgent it was as I was awaiting essential information from Immigration. They said they would put a rush on it. They didn't do it properly and it took an extra few days.....

And wouldn't you know it, they sent our AOR on Sept.26th, and we didn't get it cuz of the email problem!!! Arrrgggg!!! (as it turns out Sept.26th was the ONLY day of emails they weren't able to recover...HA!Ha! Ha!...JUST MY LUCK!!!! – I'm laughing so that I won't cry instead) :p

I wanted to have it SOLID PROOF in my hand that we have our Application in Process. As my husband is technically out of Status, it would be a comfort to have that in case of any problems.

I was given my UCI# by phone, I still can't login to eCAS, but I know that takes a few days after it's issued til it works. (Anyone remember approx. how long??)

My question to those of you with access to eCAS, is there anything that you can print out once you are able to login which is somewhat equivalent to the AOR that gives a solid confirmation that you have applied?

To me the receipt you print out doesn't do much good, because you fill in by hand your information. Anyone could print up a similar looking receipt....
I would simply print screen it and save the document so it's in your computer just in case. But you can always log in to ecas, I log in every once in a while but it honestly doesn't give a whole lot of information to be honest. Congrats on AOR. Now you can feel a little less stressed hopefully :)