07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Princess029 said:
Okay this was the letter explains and i probably you guys got the same thing. They are saying on that email the they received my application and they are giving my husband a UCI number and a Application number but it doesnt say anything about them AOR. But i will try again right now. And yes iam the the Applicant my husband is the sponsor.
The e-mail is like this? If yes, this is AOR. :)

UCI: XXXXXXXX (<- 8 numbers)
Application No.: FXXXXXXXXX (<- alphabet + 9 numbers)
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear YOUR HUSBAND'S NAME,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/MM/DD on behalf of the following member(s):
YOUR NAME

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys, thanks for all your help. Yes i got it! Muah muah,,, :-*
My application is on process now. Yeah, You guys has given an answer of my question that i had in mind. So now whats next and how long should i wait? I just hope im one of the lucky applicant here that wont wait too long. God bless us all!!!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Thank you TOmorizu. ;)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Princess029 said:
Hi guys, thanks for all your help. Yes i got it! Muah muah,,, :-*
My application is on process now. Yeah, You guys has given an answer of my question that i had in mind. So now whats next and how long should i wait? I just hope im one of the lucky applicant here that wont wait too long. God bless us all!!!
If you live in Quebec, CIC will send another e-mail to your husband to get CSQ. But if you live in other province, you will not hear anything until AIP. (If there is lack of documents, or if CIC doubt whether your relationship is genuine, then CIC will contact you guys before AIP.) How long does it take to get AIP? Nobody knows! :p Now CIC say that 11 months takes for AIP.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Okay. but what's an AIP stands for again?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Princess029 said:
Okay. but what's an AIP stands for again?
Approval in Principle

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
nyquist said:
shyla36, can you share which registry agency you talked to?
Edmonton. The number is in the link i sent earlier

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Hello,

Few things, first Im super happy the strike is over and the 2012 applications seem to be moving. Lets all hope they do what the rest of us do when we are way behind on our work.. work evenings and weekends ect.. catch up!

Now I will be looking more into restoring my visitors visa to get access to health care. Wow, wish I knew about this earlier but thanks for mentioning it. Currently in Alberta but we are looking into moving to BC so will see if this will apply for BC. Anyone know? Will be making some phone calls.

Third, we are thinking of moving to BC from Alberta. Does anyone know if this will affect our application. I know you need to tell them of a change of address but is changing provinces a big deal on our application? I know there was a few different places we needed to specify on our application our address and provence. I decided I cant just sit here all winter and wait. Therefore moving to a ski hill to be a ski bum! Cant really afford it but willing to swipe my visa card for a piece of sanity!

Thanks, any help would be appreciated :)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone know that Medical Examination can be covered by company insurance?
I would like to book an appointment with panel physician, but the fee is about $350 without x-ray and blood test.

Would anyone be able to provide the information?

I have heard only that the fees may be claimed for income tax return.

Thank you in advance.

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
stellahello said:
I would like to book an appointment with panel physician, but the fee is about $350 without x-ray and blood test.

Thank you in advance.
what do you mean by company insurance?
I have insurance through work and they cover everything. It depends on your coverage which is VERY dependent on your insurance.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
stellahello said:

Thank you in advance.
You should call them and ask about it. When I got my medical they made me pay Cash only! and I called 4 different physicians and all said the same! but you should call them as they do that everyday.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
nyquist said:
what do you mean by company insurance?
I have insurance through work and they cover everything. It depends on your coverage which is VERY dependent on your insurance.
I was wondering that I can be covered by the private insurance offered by my company. The providers is Manulife financial and they said they have no specific comments about the medical for immigration purpose. They said we can try to make a claim but cannot be guaranteed.

So I wondered if there is anyone covered by that.

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Cirene said:
You should call them and ask about it. When I got my medical they made me pay Cash only! and I called 4 different physicians and all said the same! but you should call them as they do that everyday.
Yes. The panel physician whom I would like to see says they also only accept cash only.
I should send the receipt from the office and send to the insurance company if they allow us to make a claim for it.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hi guys
I am curious about something.

In Costa Rica we don't change our last name when we get married. My hubby and I got married in Canada and well I didn't change my name first of all because we both agree it is not really necessary I love him and he loves me and the name doesn't even matter. (we even thought about creating our own family name.) LOL
No but seriously as far as I thought in Costa Rica we can't change it, well I guess we can but it is a really hard process since you would have to do a legal name change including your birth certificate and have to explain why and they have to agree to your circumstances, Ih ave always been curious about this I ask a lady at the CR Embassy and she confirmed what I thought but I was talking to a friend who lives in Canada Ontario and she just got married a few months ago and she changed her name here (Canada) but not in Costa Rica

How is this possible?

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
stellahello said:
Yes. The panel physician whom I would like to see says they also only accept cash only.
I should send the receipt from the office and send to the insurance company if they allow us to make a claim for it.
That's exactly what I will do. I will submit the receipts for exam, x-ray and blood/urine tests to my insurance company to claim it. The insurance company I have, never question what it is for.