Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shyla36 said:
Hmm i think so because common law is almost same as spouse' (but of course am not sure so i am attaching this link for more info) hope this helps. I havent done my extension yet lol but has called 2x already alberta health care just to make sure that i get yhe right info so far both answers are the same so i just wanna make the most of it. I dont want to spend big bucks for medical expenses. They just said bring my passport with my new visitor record.
I didn't extend my stay though and I doubt I will. I'm technically out of status so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens :)

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Cirene said:
Hi there, I'm not so sure about Quebec but you should call a registry and ask them if with your current status you are eligible to apply for Health Care.
Heres the link http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/register-for-AHCIP.html

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
shyla36 said:
Heres the link http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/register-for-AHCIP.html
Shyla36 You replied to me. The person I was replying is the one that needed that information but the page you sent me is from Alberta not Quebec and the best thing to do to anyone who has questions about Health Care is to call a "REGISTRY" they know A LOT

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi all,

Can i join you here? I just also need to get some ideas from people here who has a better knowledge and a better idea with this kind of processing. I have set my Inland Application and they send my husband an email saying they received my application on August 23,2013. Can anyone tell me whats next and how do i know that they already start doing the process of my application. Please share your ideas with me and i would appreciate that.
Thank you!

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
shyla36 said:
Yes mrsc08 is correct. You just need to show your passport, and your wife's health card then she can add you as dependent. The expiry is the same with your visa expiry. Any valid visa, (visitor, study, work permit) is ok. After your visa expires they give you a one time 90 day extension while awaiting should you decide to extend again. In my case, i am in the process of extending. Am doing this because my hubby included me in his benefits and I get same benefits as his BUT only if I have Alberta health card first.
shyla36, can you share which registry agency you talked to?

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Princess029 said:
Hi all,

Can i join you here? I just also need to get some ideas from people here who has a better knowledge and a better idea with this kind of processing. I have set my Inland Application and they send my husband an email saying they received my application on August 23,2013. Can anyone tell me whats next and how do i know that they already start doing the process of my application. Please share your ideas with me and i would appreciate that.
Thank you!
Welcome Princess029. I know it is a lot go through (140 pages and counting :) but if you skim through the thread you will have a great understanding of the process and other issues you can face. After they start processing your application, waiting time until stage one approval takes about 11months (according to the CIC web site). You can check your status from CIC's web site.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Princess029 said:
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hi there, I believe that what your husband got was an AOR (Acknowledgment of receipt) after this step all we do is sit and wait :/ If you have an UCI number you can check your application with ecas!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi, the email was only saying that they received my application on that date. And there is also UCI number as well as the appliucation number. SO did you mean that was the AOR? Im sorry but im not too sure about how this application works.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Princess029 said:
Hi, the email was only saying that they received my application on that date. And there is also UCI number as well as the appliucation number. SO did you mean that was the AOR? Im sorry but im not too sure about how this application works.
Yes that's the AOR you got sent by email. If you use the UCI number you can track when they received it and what happens during the process via this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

You probably won't hear anything from them for a very long time unfortunately.

Did you include police certificates and medicals as well or are you waiting till later on?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi there, I only includes the Police Certificate but there is no Medical yet. Okay, so because you told me that was an AOR. I guess i believe what you have told me since you have better idea than i do. And i tired checking my application status online as well but it say cannot be found. Should i put the husband's name or my name?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Princess029 said:
Hi there, I only includes the Police Certificate but there is no Medical yet. Okay, so because you told me that was an AOR. I guess i believe what you have told me since you have better idea than i do. And i tired checking my application status online as well but it say cannot be found. Should i put the husband's name or my name?
You have to include your UCI, and your last names (like you wrote on the applications) If you have two last names (like I do) put them both, then your birthday and from where you come from

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi Cerene,
I tried many time already but still cannot be found. this is what it says after checking my application status using my UCI.

HomeMy ApplicationClient Application Status
Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Princess029 said:
Are you an applicant ant is your husband a sponsor?
UCI on the AOR is sponsor's number. So, when you use this UCI number, you need to put your husband's name, his birthday and the country where he was born.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Okay this was the letter explains and i probably you guys got the same thing. They are saying on that email the they received my application and they are giving my husband a UCI number and a Application number but it doesnt say anything about them AOR. But i will try again right now. And yes iam the the Applicant my husband is the sponsor.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Princess029 said:
Okay this was the letter explains and i probably you guys got the same thing. They are saying on that email the they received my application and they are giving my husband a UCI number and a Application number but it doesnt say anything about them AOR. But i will try again right now. And yes iam the the Applicant my husband is the sponsor.
No it won't specifically say "AOR" but it is the acknowledgement of receipt.