LANDED..........
25-02-2014
trana said:
I have a similar timeline as SS.Kingston:

AOR Received: March 21, 2013
AIP & DM: January 13, 2014
OWP Issued: January 13, 2014
OWP Received: January 20, 2014

Guri, please add the OWP received date on my profile. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone waiting. I believe CIC is still working hard for all of us. ;)
Congrats Trana for receiving OWP today :)

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys I guess it has been very quiet in here over the past three working days for cic but we have to keep in mind that we only hv a tiny fraction of the 2013 applicants on this forum.so with that in mind the week is still young lets hope that the next 4 days will be better.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
folks-g said:
hey guys I guess it has been very quiet in here over the past three working days for cic but we have to keep in mind that we only hv a tiny fraction of the 2013 applicants on this forum.so with that in mind the week is still young lets hope that the next 4 days will be better.
You are right folks-g.. I've been telling myself that but it's hard, specially when you know you are so close to receive an email from CIC hehe.

It will come soon for us.. 8)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Oh gosh. Most of you receive your OWPs so fast. I called down to Canada post again an hour ago and she looked and there was nothing. Nothing for the last week or so..

trana

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Done....
Up front
guri3577 said:
Congrats Trana for receiving OWP today :)
Thank you Guri. You have done an amazing job keeping track of all of our application status, AIP/DM dates, etc. ;D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
Oh gosh. Most of you receive your OWPs so fast. I called down to Canada post again an hour ago and she looked and there was nothing. Nothing for the last week or so..
Oh line.a, I'm so sorry, this must be so frustrating for you. Seems like CIC take "more time" with some applicants than others.

Hope you get it this week. My fingers are crossed for you!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
No got my OWP yet in the mail either and I don't live that far away :(.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
No got my OWP yet in the mail either and I don't live that far away :(.
You and me both. Frustrating much! :(

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Just got my OWP in mail, after 11 days. It was mailed on Jan 9th.

Line.a and Hockeyfan,

You will get it soon.

thanks,
Niks1

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
SS.Kingston said:
I got my OHIP right after receiving AIP on Jan 15. My situation is kinda different. I was on post-graduate work permit until Nov 5 last year. Therefore, I had OHIP all the way until then. Then I tried to get another work permit with the same employer, but it was refused due to late LMO submission. Since OHIP has the policy of - if renewed within 90 days of expiry, no waiting period is necessary. So I was able to continue my OHIP without waiting for another 3 months.

If you google "Ontario Health Insurance Coverage Document List" (sorry I'm not allowed to post links here), and read the last bullet point in "Other Immigration Status", you will see that your husband is eligible for OHIP after AIP. I would recommend calling Ministry for an answer.

Good luck!
Thank you! After some research we found the form for OHIP and all the supporting docs we need! Something else to knock off the list this week! I just want to make sure I read correctly, but there is no fee for applying for his health card? Its hard to believe something might be free in this whole process lol!

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
Hey Everyone,

CIC was working today - we received AIP, DM & OWP in one shot!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

It was very strange... I received a call on my cell phone while at work. The display said that the number was withheld so I didn't answer. A few minutes later, it rang again. This time I answered. The guy on the line said that he was calling from Immigration Canada - I think my heart stopped at that moment. I though for sure that something must be wrong with our application. He asked me about my relationship with my hubby and I said everything was great. He said that he was approving my application to sponsor, and my husband's PR application and OWP, and would be sending the emails. He said that "this was just a good news call". I think I was completely shocked!! I didn't think this would be coming until next week and I never in a million years expected a phone call!!! Anyway I received the AIP email about 5 minutes later and hubby received the DM and OWP email about 20 minutes after that. He will be landing at the Scarborough office.

Some details about our case: this was a common-law application; hubby was born in the US; we did not submit an upfront medical - the medicals were done in November (about 7 months into the process); we continued to renew his TRV throughout so that he was never out of status (even after applying for the OWP).

Good luck to those who are still waiting.... Good things are happening!!!!!!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
BobbyJo said:
Hey Everyone,

CIC was working today - we received AIP, DM & OWP in one shot!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

It was very strange... I received a call on my cell phone while at work. The display said that the number was withheld so I didn't answer. A few minutes later, it rang again. This time I answered. The guy on the line said that he was calling from Immigration Canada - I think my heart stopped at that moment. I though for sure that something must be wrong with our application. He asked me about my relationship with my hubby and I said everything was great. He said that he was approving my application to sponsor, and my husband's PR application and OWP, and would be sending the emails. He said that "this was just a good news call". I think I was completely shocked!! I didn't think this would be coming until next week and I never in a million years expected a phone call!!! Anyway I received the AIP email about 5 minutes later and hubby received the DM and OWP email about 20 minutes after that. He will be landing at the Scarborough office.

Some details about our case: this was a common-law application; hubby was born in the US; we did not submit an upfront medical - the medicals were done in November (about 7 months into the process); we continued to renew his TRV throughout so that he was never out of status (even after applying for the OWP).

Congratulations!!! What a relief for you two I bet. Your journey is almost over! :)

BobbyJo

Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
Line.a said:
Congratulations!!! What a relief for you two I bet. Your journey is almost over! :)
Thanks Line.a! Yes, it has been a long 5 year journey from the time that we met until this point. And while this journey is coming to a close the next chapter is just beginning.. can't wait to get on with life!!!!

I've mostly been standing on the sidelines when it comes to this forum but reading about everyone's experiences has kept me sane. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and for taking the time to help so many of us who would otherwise be lost in the quagmire of this process. I wish you all a lifetime of happiness!!!

BobbyJo

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
JHWife2011 said:
Thank you! After some research we found the form for OHIP and all the supporting docs we need! Something else to knock off the list this week! I just want to make sure I read correctly, but there is no fee for applying for his health card? Its hard to believe something might be free in this whole process lol!
You are very welcome! Glad that I can help.

Yes, it is free. At least Ontario isn't that terrible :)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
BobbyJo said:
Hey Everyone,

Congratulation, that's awesome news. Thanks you for sharing us. Keep work faster and faster CIC :)