20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Hi there! I'm wondering if I need to apply for a visitor visa extension, but I can't seem to find a clear answer, so I'm hoping someone here will have some advice.

I'm from the U.S., and my last entry was June 2013, so I'd need to submit an extension application soon. However, I sent my OWP application with my PR application, so do I have implied status?

Thank you in advance.
It doesn't matter if you applied OWP or not when it comes to implied status. When your current 6 month visitor stay expires, you will then be on "implied status" as a visitor in Canada. You don't even need to extend your visitor status. You will not be able to work until you get OWP approved status.

Screech339

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
screech339 said:
It doesn't matter if you applied OWP or not when it comes to implied status. When your current 6 month visitor stay expires, you will then be on "implied status" as a visitor in Canada. You don't even need to extend your visitor status. You will not be able to work until you get OWP approved status.

Screech339
Thank you for your quick reply. Having implied status will not have any effect on my PR application, correct? CIC doesn't 'care'? I know you've likely answered these questions several times! I sincerely appreciate your help.

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
I submitted my OWP with my application, but forgot to include payment for it. Will my application be returned?

Also, have the wait time picked up yet? it seems like they are on 2013 by now... which would bring the stage 1 time down to 10 months right?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
JLynn1987 said:
Thank you for your quick reply. Having implied status will not have any effect on my PR application, correct? CIC doesn't 'care'? I know you've likely answered these questions several times! I sincerely appreciate your help.
No it won't, It's the right thing to do, better have implied status (be legal) than out of status while they are processing your PR application.

Most people here (including myself) have implied status :)

You'll be just fine :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
mattb123 said:
I submitted my OWP with my application, but forgot to include payment for it. Will my application be returned?

Also, have the wait time picked up yet? it seems like they are on 2013 by now... which would bring the stage 1 time down to 10 months right?
I think if you forgot to include the payment it will be returned. That's one of the first thing the look at.

CIC is working on applications that were submitted late November and early December. They are working faster than 4 weeks ago FOR SURE (which is good).
Hopefully it goes down fast. Only two 2013 applicants got AIP and one of them got DM too :D it gives us hope!

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
I hope I get my AIP in the march maximal

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
Cirene said:
I think if you forgot to include the payment it will be returned. That's one of the first thing the look at.

CIC is working on applications that were submitted late November and early December. They are working faster than 4 weeks ago FOR SURE (which is good).
Hopefully it goes down fast. Only two 2013 applicants got AIP and one of them got DM too :D it gives us hope!
Hm. Thanks. That actually might be for the best. I am a US citizen living and working in Canada and am trying to figure out whether it makes more sense for me to apply inland or outland. I applied inland because my work permit expires In April 2014 and IT APPEARED that applying inland would get be quicker to Stage 1 than outland would to PR period (thus allowing me to work). However, from what I've heard, applying outland for a US citizen is a much smarter way to go now. Any advice?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
mattb123 said:
Hm. Thanks. That actually might be for the best. I am a US citizen living and working in Canada and am trying to figure out whether it makes more sense for me to apply inland or outland. I applied inland because my work permit expires In April 2014 and IT APPEARED that applying inland would get be quicker to Stage 1 than outland would to PR period (thus allowing me to work). However, from what I've heard, applying outland for a US citizen is a much smarter way to go now. Any advice?
It's a guessing game these days. I checked the CIC page for processing times in the US (NY: 18 months / Los Angeles: 22 months) and this is based on a complete package, while inland is 11 months and CIC seems to be working faster.

This is the page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

I'll also give you the link for the 2012 threads, they may assist you better and I know there are a lot of US citizens, one of them must know the best answer for what you are looking for.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.10110.html

Also you can ask this user "Screetch339" he is one of the best source of information in this forum hehe.

Hope they can help you and good luck.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
If I were submitting my app today, I would definitely go outland. In general, outland apps are finished in equal or less time than inland stage one. And if you should need to go to the US for something, you don't put your outland application at risk.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
I don't pay fees RP 490, I have to wait or can I pay in advance?

file uploaded ......05-05-2013

file received .....21-05 -2013

CSQ received ......04/07/2013

wait .........

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
does it matter what color we sign our name in? Also the type of pen? Hubby is in love with gel pens ::)

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Hey guys, just so you know i received my AOR last night, My application was received on Octobers the second. :D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
fsfh60 said:
Hey guys, just so you know i received my AOR last night, My application was received on Octobers the second. :D
Congratulations fsfh60. You are on this boat now.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
missboon said:
does it matter what color we sign our name in? Also the type of pen? Hubby is in love with gel pens ::)
Use black ink to sign the forms.

No gel pens, please. ;)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
sorry , got a question to ask .. cause me and my bf we have consultant to run our case, but do we need to order GCMS ? or just let them do their job ??and if do get GCMS how many month after we sent our file ?? sorry i know this dum question ..:p