Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Trinityy said:
Hi guys

I received my DM today!! :) :)
Aug 2013 applicant
AIP: Nov 4, 2014

Good luck to you all!!!!! Good news is coming!
Congrats! You are almost done........ Sorry I keep asking everyone this ... Did you pay the RRPF fees upfront or after you got the AIP.

Blackdisc

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Just FYI, for those that lived in Ecuador, I did not send in a police certificate
since Ecuador only provides those to Ecuadorian residents (current) and citizens.
I was not asked to send any additional information before my approval. YEAH!

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
impatienthope said:
Just FYI, for those that lived in Ecuador, I did not send in a police certificate
since Ecuador only provides those to Ecuadorian residents (current) and citizens.
I was not asked to send any additional information before my approval. YEAH!
I sent my Ecuadorian police record translated with an official translator and certified by the Ecuadorian embassy. The whole process took me almost 2 weeks. What a waste of time and money! :-[

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Did you have a current cedula or criminal charge?

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
impatienthope said:
Did you have a current cedula or criminal charge?
I'm ecuadorian citizen with cedula. NO criminal record

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
It is only past residents and non-citizens that would not be able to get a police certificate.
As a current cedula holder you are able to, thus you did not waste time or money as it
is required.

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
xusagi said:
Hey everyone, so happy to see all the good news! This is truly an exciting start of a year!

I'm actually a 2014 applicant, however I thought this post is a lot more popular therefore I decided to throw my question here..

We applied inland sponsorship in july 2014, so far haven't heard anything back (not surprising)

so we decided that we might want to give the new express entry a shot... does anyone know if we can do that? we have a profile pending for review under family class, but because my fiance is eligible for EE, can we submit a profile under EE as well? Thanks in advance!
Hi Susagl, we are in the very similar situation and I had the same question myself. and posted my question in EE and 2014 inland application. I actually called CIC yesterday. they said I can submit my profile in EE.

looks like the current process for family sponsorship, once you get the first stage approval, you would get the second stage approval shortly after. if your Fiancé hasn't done the language test as me, I think the waiting time of EE and your inland application may be very similar; I have my inland application submitted last may, about 17 months to get the first stage approval which will lead me to this Oct. If I submit my EE profile, I have to book the language test first, and submit EE profile in March, wait for at least a month for the draw, and if lucky enough, got in the first draw after I get in the pool, submit the application in april, 6 months to get approval, that's Oct as well; so I am still struggling if i want to submit the EE profile. or just wait for the family application.

you can do the same calculation and see if it's worth to do more work and spend extra money. good luck!

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
softball said:
Hi Susagl, we are in the very similar situation and I had the same question myself. and posted my question in EE and 2014 inland application. I actually called CIC yesterday. they said I can submit my profile in EE.

looks like the current process for family sponsorship, once you get the first stage approval, you would get the second stage approval shortly after. if your Fiancé hasn't done the language test as me, I think the waiting time of EE and your inland application may be very similar; I have my inland application submitted last may, about 17 months to get the first stage approval which will lead me to this Oct. If I submit my EE profile, I have to book the language test first, and submit EE profile in March, wait for at least a month for the draw, and if lucky enough, got in the first draw after I get in the pool, submit the application in april, 6 months to get approval, that's Oct as well; so I am still struggling if i want to submit the EE profile. or just wait for the family application.

you can do the same calculation and see if it's worth to do more work and spend extra money. good luck!
I saw you in quite a few posts around the forum as well =)

The thing is, no one will know if CIC will continue to give out AIP + DM all at the same time ... like what they're doing now, from what I know, CIC were also giving out AIP + DMs early last year as well, but look what happened during the rest of the year... nothing

Therefore, in october 2015, what you will probably at least get is your AIP, but no promise on DM. If the EE profile is submitted, and luckily got in the first few draws, 6 months after you will be invited to apply for PR, that's like an equivalent to end of stage two in family class.

I was doing research this morning as well and realized this is indeed possible (applying EE and family class), what a relief. We booked the language test for my fiance last month therefore his exam is going to be end of january. Now all we have to do is submit the application for OWP and wait for that to come in April while all the rest of the application process is going on.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi all,

We just got a letter from CIC requesting more proof of our ongoing relationship. Our application was received Sept 21, 2013. I wonder if we'll get AIP, or DM when we hear back?

_GFDVCA

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
xusagi said:
I saw you in quite a few posts around the forum as well =)

The thing is, no one will know if CIC will continue to give out AIP + DM all at the same time ... like what they're doing now, from what I know, CIC were also giving out AIP + DMs early last year as well, but look what happened during the rest of the year... nothing

Therefore, in october 2015, what you will probably at least get is your AIP, but no promise on DM. If the EE profile is submitted, and luckily got in the first few draws, 6 months after you will be invited to apply for PR, that's like an equivalent to end of stage two in family class.

I was doing research this morning as well and realized this is indeed possible (applying EE and family class), what a relief. We booked the language test for my fiance last month therefore his exam is going to be end of january. Now all we have to do is submit the application for OWP and wait for that to come in April while all the rest of the application process is going on.
I agreed with your comments. we don't know what will happen for family application process. does your fiancé have a LMIA and arrangement employment? if so, definately you should try both EE and family class.

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
softball said:
I agreed with your comments. we don't know what will happen for family application process. does your fiancé have a LMIA and arrangement employment? if so, definately you should try both EE and family class.
unfortunately his employer does not do LMIA ... but we discussed and decided that we should still give it a shot to maximize our chance for getting PR sooner! *fingers crossed

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
cissychen008 said:
i just got the owp from pilot program. I am thinking about going back to my home country once I got my visa using the owp. I hav not seen my parents for 1.5 yrs. Will I have any trouble when I re-enter Canada? Will the customs give me hard time? what documents should I prepare? I am planning to go back homecountry for just 2 weeks, around Feb 18th, 2015.

CIC received my app in Oct 28, 2013
process in Dec 10, 2013
no AIP, or SA yet

There is a lot of debate about this on the 2014 Inland Sponsorship thread right now that may assist you in making a decision about this so maybe you could look there. Personally I would not take the chance as IF you are denied re-entry your inland sponsorship application will no longer be valid - but that is just my two cents. I know some others feel differently.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
gfdvca said:
Hi all,

We just got a letter from CIC requesting more proof of our ongoing relationship. Our application was received Sept 21, 2013. I wonder if we'll get AIP, or DM when we hear back?

_GFDVCA
Hi GFDVCA,

Can I ask if you received sponsor approval with this or just the request for more information? Also, I was wondering when they ask for more proof, do they indicate if that is proof since sending your application in or just more proof in general? This seems to be a common request and I am wondering if they don't think they are getting enough proof initially or if they just want to ensure people are still together. Finally, I really hope you get DM when you hear back and I hope you hear back soon!!!

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
xusagi said:
unfortunately his employer does not do LMIA ... but we discussed and decided that we should still give it a shot to maximize our chance for getting PR sooner! *fingers crossed
Same here, I don't have a LMIA on my position--which means we are not qualified for that 600 points on arrangement employment. I am very interested in your process. please keep me/us posted on how your EE process goes. I will hold up for a week or so to see the first Draw of EE and inland application process updates and then make my decision. Wish you all the best on both of your applications!

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
hi friends, is there anyone can let me know if we have an excel sheet that tracks all the inland applicants for 2013? if so, how can I access the file? Many thanks!