AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sunflora said:
@ Tomorisu,

My DM email only has the first and the third paragraph...should I worry ???

----- 8< ------
I'm not sure your officer just might have cut the AIP part from your letter, but I think you are OK. I don't know why you didn't receive your AIP, however you got DM!

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@Tomorisu,

I am just getting worry by finding my DM letter with the missing of AIP part...sign...
my hubby said I am worrying for nothing and it may have been a computer mistake or something....
I am just wondering if anyone who encountered the same thing like me....

So .. below those two paragraphs is a Please note, and I am wondering if there is any difference from this part of yours?

At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification documents to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunflora said:
@ screech339,

thank you so much for telling me the timeline at scarborough office...and thank you for updating the spreadsheet as well...you are like a living dictionary here for every one who need information...

So..I have a few questions...I got my DM email after 10 minutes my hubby got his spousal approval email...but I did not get my AIP email...is it normal ??

This afternoon I took my DM email to Service Canada to apply for OHIP without any problem...I am supposed to get OHIP card after 3 months waiting period..but it will also expired within a year...
Do you renew OHIP card after having PR card in hand ??
Sometimes people only get DM without their AIP letter. It is not the end of the world. You can apply for OHIP with DM letter.

Once you get COPR, you need to go back to OHIP office and let them know you landed. You would get a new OHIP that is good for 5 years instead of the 1 year temp OHIP.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunflora said:
@ Tomorisu,

I am just getting worry by finding my DM letter with the missing of AIP part...sign...
my hubby said I am worrying for nothing and it may have been a computer mistake or something....

So .. below those two paragraphs is a Please note, and I am wondering if there is any difference from this part of yours?

At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification documents to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
Sunflora,

You are worrying about nothing. You are still landing at scarborough like everyone else.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sunflora said:
@ Tomorisu,

Sunflora, don't worry. There is NO difference from that part of mine!! ;)

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@ screech339,

thank you....thank you...and thank you so much for letting me know this...I do feel much relieved.and I can breathe properly now ..my hubby said your wordings works better than his... :p

Good to know the OHIP part, I will keep that in mind and renew it after I land.

Thank you once again..and I know I can sleep well tonight ..

screech339 said:
Sometimes people only get DM without their AIP letter. It is not the end of the world. You can apply for OHIP with DM letter.

Once you get COPR, you need to go back to OHIP office and let them know you landed. You would get a new OHIP that is good for 5 years instead of the 1 year temp OHIP.

Screech339

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@Tomorisu,

Thank you for your confirmation...feeling better now thanks to screech339 and you...
this process sometime just makes me think things irrationally..

Tomorisu said:
Sunflora, don't worry. There is NO difference from that part of mine!! ;)

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
I'm not sure if this is the AIP... I'm sponsoring my wife and she got this letter today but I have not received anything... Not sure why the UCI is different then my AOR.

This letter refers to your application for the permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirement include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot be a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirement.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date... Etc....

Is it the AIP I've been waiting for??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikekmk said:
I'm not sure if this is the AIP... I'm sponsoring my wife and she got this letter today but I have not received anything... Not sure why the UCI is different then my AOR.

This letter refers to your application for the permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirement include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot be a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirement.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date... Etc....

Is it the AIP I've been waiting for??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes this is the AIP you're looking for. Congrats. I'll update timesheet tomorrow.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikekmk said:
Thank you Screech339!!!!!
BTW: the UCI in the AIP is different in the AOR because it the sponsor's UCI that is listed in the AOR.

Screech339

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
sweetpea22 said:
Hi Connie121!

I also live in London, ON. I'm just wondering where did you go for you medical? Which physician did you went and how much?
I haven't done mine and I sent my application January 2013.

Thanks!
Dr McDonagh She charged $55 x-ray and $14o for medical

@ connie121 I also received AIP and DM same day Oct 31 although have yet to receive the DM email they said they sent. Am waiting for \London office to contact me. A friend landed last month ( Oct 23) in London and was told they did landing interviews once a month. So hopefully we will both get one in Nov.

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
Nigea said:
Dr McDonagh She charged $55 x-ray and $14o for medical

@ connie121 I also received AIP and DM same day Oct 31 although have yet to receive the DM email they said they sent. Am waiting for \London office to contact me. A friend landed last month ( Oct 23) in London and was told they did landing interviews once a month. So hopefully we will both get one in Nov.

Who gets the DM? the sponsor or the applicant?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikekmk said:
Who gets the DM? the sponsor or the applicant?
Both get DM but at difference stages.

Sponsor get DM when sponsor gets sponsoral approval stage, usually when applicant gets AIP email.

Applicant get DM when applicant is approved to land.

Screech339

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
screech339 said:
Both get DM but at difference stages.

Sponsor get DM when sponsor gets sponsoral approval stage, usually when applicant gets AIP email.

Applicant get DM when applicant is approved to land.

Screech339
Thanks Screech339... I just got the letter too that i'm approved as a sponsor... it was in my junk mail... almost deleted it...