Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The sending of PR cards seems to be the most consistent part of the process, from what I read on here. Most cards seem to be received between 60 and 75 days after landing, but wait time has been dropping lately, according to the website. There's a thread for PR card timelines: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t73191.0.html.

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
Dear All,
My Landing Interview was on 24 Oct in Edmonton office, it went smoothly. All people in CIC office are very nice.
But the waiting time for the interview was like 3 hours and the actual time for paper sign was just 10 minutes.
I forgot to feed the parking meter for an hour which i finally got a 50 dollars parking tickets

good luck to everyone
and special thanks to screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The parking ticket stinks, but CONGRATULATIONS on now being a Permanent Resident of Canada!

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
I just got this email, a mere five days after approval of OWP (but no doc for that yet)

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

I am astounded at their speed and can't believe it really...but thrilled obviously, was expecting a much longer wait for the latter stages of this process!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
LittleMermaid said:
I just got this email, a mere five days after approval of OWP (but no doc for that yet)

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

I am astounded at their speed and can't believe it really...but thrilled obviously, was expecting a much longer wait for the latter stages of this process!
CONGRATS!!!! BUsy sunday haha!

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
I know, a weekend full of good news for forum members it seems!

;D

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
does anyone know how long it takes to Scarborough to send the intreview date?

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Wow. I'm gone from the forum for a couple days and come back to a lot of good news! Congrats everyone! So great to see all these AIPs and DMs!

The last few days I've been trying to get everything together so I can work. Went and got my temporary SIN. All they needed to see was my OWP and Passport. Also got added onto my husband's bank account so now I don't have to have everything put in his name when I start work. Whooo! Getting my driver's license exchanged for an Alberta one has proved more difficult. The first time I went to Registries, I brought in my OWP, Passport, and US Driver's License. I was told I needed a current bill in my name sent to my current address. We only have my name on one thing, internet, as I couldn't be on the mortgage or any banks until I had my SIN. Got that document and went back and then the Registries office asked for a FAX from Oklahoma telling them the definitions of A, B, C, and D driver's classes. And they wouldn't accept the definition from the government website. Well policies in government prohibit sending faxes internationally, so I called Service Canada and I am told that their own policies prohibit them from sending out any kind of fax. So I am thinking, why does this office want one then? So my dear husband calls another office and they tell me they can exchange the license easy and know exactly what those classifications mean. Apparently my local office is known for making life difficult for EVERYONE. So anyway, after that looong explanation, should be FINALLY getting my driver's license this week.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Congrats to yadi on your landing and becoming a PR. Thanks for coming back and giving us your updates. Much appreciated.

Congrats sounion on getting your landing date even though it is not quite official yet as you have gotten your landing letter yet.

Congrats littlemermaid on getting your DM. I assume you gotten your AIP on oct 22, since you mentioned getting DM 5 days after OWP approval. I assume you are living in Toronto. Let me know if the city is incorrect. I am basing this on that fact you are landing in scarborough.

Congrats HME on your DM.

Congrats Karito on getting your PR card. The last piece of the puzzle of the puzzle.

Looks like it was a good weekend after all. I was a little busy updating the status of those affected over the weekend. Please correct me if I have inputted the wrong info on your status. The timesheets are now updated.

Screech339

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
Good morning everyone,

We got tons of snow all day yesterday in Calgary. The winter comes back in town !! :p
I see a lot of good news here over the weekend, congrats everyone!

I received my open work permit in mail last Oct 25th, 4 days after AIP. Surprised how fast they're processing the applications.

I checked CIC Application Status and it says:
Permanent Residence Application Status "Decision Made"

I assumes this is the final DM? and the letter is on the way to my home address?
Do they send an email regarding DM, interview date and location at all??

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
Congrats littlemermaid on getting your DM. I assume you gotten your AIP on oct 22, since you mentioned getting DM 5 days after OWP approval. I assume you are living in Toronto. Let me know if the city is incorrect. I am basing this on that fact you are landing in scarborough.

Looks like it was a good weekend after all. I was a little busy updating the status of those affected over the weekend. Please correct me if I have inputted the wrong info on your status. The timesheets are now updated.

Screech339
I live in the GTA yeah (Greater Toronto Area). Yes my husband and I both got emails the 22nd and 23rd, me for my OWP and him for AIP.

Thank you for updating the timesheet! ;D

ishy

Feb 19, 2013
Kingston, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
AIP: December 20, 2013
Interview........
DM: January 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Landing letter received 23-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014 in Ottawa
Congrats to everyone. Nice to see things are moving along nicely after the October backlog...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
over_jj said:
Good morning everyone,

We got tons of snow all day yesterday in Calgary. The winter comes back in town !! :p

I received my open work permit in mail last Oct 25th, 4 days after AIP. Surprised how fast they're processing the applications.

I assumes this is the final DM? and the letter is on the way to my home address?
Congrats over_jj on your DM online. Let me know when you get the official DM email from CIC so I can update timesheet.

This DM email would only say that your application is complete and let you know that you will be hearing from Calgary CIC office for landing letter with more details and landing date.

Screech339

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Lots of activity here...good to see people getting AIP and DM :D

My wife is still waiting for the landing appointment. Their is only one Immigration officer in all of Northwest Territories and she was away for 3 months and just got back so we probably won't get a landing date anytime soon.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
over_jj said:
Good morning everyone,

Congrats! woohoo! CIC making it rain AIPs, DMs and OWPs!!!!!