Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
We had to wait 4 hours after our landing interview to get the sin card..the officer said that we should wait 6 weeks to get the actuall card because of the backlogged..then she gave us the temp paper withthe new sin number on it and crossed out the 15 days & changed it to 6-7 weeks. I was also told that i can use COPR to apply for Schengen visa? Can some one confirm this? I cant wait to reunite my wife with her mom in december....i heard somewhere that i can travel back to canada from us useing the COPR. But not from EURO zone..so im hopeing that by the time the schengen visa comes pr card comes too.
Thank you

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
@ Quebecokie.... Congrats girl now go and have a glass of wine. :D

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

This was by far the easiest part of the process. The gentleman from CIC arrived at the conference room of the hotel (since this was a traveling office) at 8am on the dot. We sat down across the table from him. He verified our address, the date and location of my entry into Canada, and that I hadn't left since that entry. He then asked my husband the "million dollar question." "Quinton, do you still want to sponsor your wife?" :-D

I signed two copies of the COPR, he went over a few points (when to expect PR card, residency obligations, all stuff I know well from the forum), and then he congratulated me. It didn't even take 10 minutes. Because this was a traveling office, no SIN for me yet. I'll have to wait until I get my PR card.

For Québec applicants, be sure to bring the full undertaking along with your CSQ.

WOOHOO! I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident!
Congratulations! You are done!! (other than that card you'll get in the mail soon). Once you got AIP, you got done fast!!! You'll be out traveling abroad before you know it!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

This was by far the easiest part of the process. The gentleman from CIC arrived at the conference room of the hotel (since this was a traveling office) at 8am on the dot. We sat down across the table from him. He verified our address, the date and location of my entry into Canada, and that I hadn't left since that entry. He then asked my husband the "million dollar question." "Quinton, do you still want to sponsor your wife?" :-D

I signed two copies of the COPR, he went over a few points (when to expect PR card, residency obligations, all stuff I know well from the forum), and then he congratulated me. It didn't even take 10 minutes. Because this was a traveling office, no SIN for me yet. I'll have to wait until I get my PR card.

For Québec applicants, be sure to bring the full undertaking along with your CSQ.

YAAAA!! Congrats to you!!! That's great!! :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Kayvanblue said:
We had to wait 4 hours after our landing interview to get the sin card..the officer said that we should wait 6 weeks to get the actuall card because of the backlogged..then she gave us the temp paper withthe new sin number on it and crossed out the 15 days & changed it to 6-7 weeks. I was also told that i can use COPR to apply for Schengen visa? Can some one confirm this? I cant wait to reunite my wife with her mom in december....i heard somewhere that i can travel back to canada from us useing the COPR. But not from EURO zone..so im hopeing that by the time the schengen visa comes pr card comes too.
Thank you
Not sure if schengen visa would allow COPR. I looked up how to apply for schengen visa. It mentioned that if you are a PR, you must provide original and photocopy of both side of your PR card at visa appointment interview. So I guess COPR is not accepted. Remember COPR is not a travel document. You cannot fly back with COPR. They know you can't fly back with COPR, thus no proof you will leave schengen area at end of your stay. This is why they want to see you have a PR card first.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

I am so dang excited for you! LOL Go figure, here I sit still waiting to hear something, anything, yet I could just squeal because I'm so happy for you. Congrats congrats congrats! Oh, and did I mention, congrats? :D You really should do it up good this afternoon. Have hubby take you out for a great meal or something. This definitely deserves a celebration! :D

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

Congrats to you!!...am glad that chapter is done for you now ;D....it's really wonderful to see a process completed,it gives us hope that we too are going to have ours completed! ;D....have one on me,then send me the bill ;)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
So requested documents sent today,a letter of explanation articles to support it and a sworn in affidavit!!!!
Also saw the guy helping us from the MP's office,he is going to talk to them and fax them the requested documents too! ;D
Now we wait and pray that all will work out!!! ;D

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

@ Quebecokie. Congratulations!

Found it interesting that agent asked whether you had left Canada during the PR process. CBSA would track this at port of entry and CIC would have access to this info anyway. Yikes, we have left Canada several times (both by land and air) during our application process. :eek:

I understand that one must maintain residence during the process and not be denied entry into Canada. What I don't understand is how a day trip to US or a couple of weeks overseas would affect maintaining residence in Canada nor affect the PR process as long as one is not denied entry into Canada upon return. Now I'm worried...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Migrain said:
@ Quebecokie. Congratulations!

Found it interesting that agent asked whether you had left Canada during the PR process. CBSA would track this at port of entry and CIC would have access to this info anyway. Yikes, we have left Canada several times (both by land and air) during our application process. :eek:

I understand that one must maintain residence during the process and not be denied entry into Canada. What I don't understand is how a day trip to US or a couple of weeks overseas would affect maintaining residence in Canada nor affect the PR process as long as one is not denied entry into Canada upon return. Now I'm worried...
I don't think a day trip to the US or even a vacation out of the country is going to mean anything. What I THINK they are looking for is did you move back to wherever you originated and let the application process continue InLand. I don't think you have anything to worry about as you maintained your home in Canada.

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
@quebecokie, congrates

Now I am worried about the agent asked whether you had left Canada during PR process.. my lawyer friend told me: I have to say I am visiting my husband and not stay more than 6 months. It will be fine.
Honestly, I have to be careful what I say to the agent, so I don't get myself in trouble.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks so much for all the congrats! Want to reply more, but I'm on my phone...will write more from home later. Just wanted to address the concern about the question about whether I've left Canada at all since entering. I don't think there would have been ANY issue if I had left and reentered Canada at some point. He was asking because, later on, when I apply for citizenship, the time I have resided in Canada becomes important. I can count a half-day for every day I lived in Canada prior to getting PR towards the three years of residency required to qualify for citizenship. The question wasn't about me being in trouble if I *had* left and reentered, just about clarifying the time I've already spent in Canada. He then told me about the residence calculator on CIC's site.

No worries!

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks so much for all the congrats! Want to reply more, but I'm on my phone...will write more from home later. Just wanted to address the concern about the question about whether I've left Canada at all since entering. I don't think there would have been ANY issue if I had left and reentered Canada at some point. He was asking because, later on, when I apply for citizenship, the time I have resided in Canada becomes important. I can count a half-day for every day I lived in Canada prior to getting PR towards the three years of residency required to qualify for citizenship. The question wasn't about me being in trouble if I *had* left and reentered, just about clarifying the time I've already spent in Canada. He then told me about the residence calculator on CIC's site.

No worries!
Congrats QuebecOkie!! :)

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
I just want to ask from the people that have gone through my route....how long on average after being requested medicals, should I expect a DM? I am very anxious to say the least....

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Mimence777 said:
I just want to ask from the people that have gone through my route....how long on average after being requested medicals, should I expect a DM? I am very anxious to say the least....
No experience but I've heard three months!