AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Finally I am done! I received my DM email yesterday. Landing at the vancouver office.

Whole process took 2 days less than a year!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
NicJohn said:
Finally I am done! I received my DM email yesterday. Landing at the vancouver office.

Whole process took 2 days less than a year!!
Congrats on getting DM. I have updated timesheets to reflect your status.
You still got a bit to go. The waiting still continues for landing letter to arrive and final landing date.

Screech339

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Thanks screech. The waiting to come is fine for us. We are just glad the application is complete... :)

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
somewhatstressed said:
Here's a FYI for those in Alberta.

In regards to Alberta Health Care, even if you have NOT received your visa (or landing date yet) you can still be added on you spouse/partner/ etc provided you have your CIC AIP letter stating you are eligible.

Couldn't get much more out of the agent re: back dated to true arival, but I will see next week if another agent can.

Also, an old sponge with bacon grease is a very good mouse trap, just sharing the knowledge.
Thank you for info.

I knew that since my tourist visa expired. Just extended my travel insurance through the Co-Operators which cost my husband $$$$$$
Hope to get the AIP soon coz this Sunday it will be 10 months for me since the CIC got my application.

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
Hello

I have a quick question regarding the landing interview, I am still waiting for when that will be. Is true that the CIC will confirm the landing date AFTER I paid the fee? If the interview was waived, how long do I need to wait for the PR?
Basically, what will be happen after paying the fee for the landing?

Also, do I need to be in Canada while waiting for the PR card? Can I travel during the waiting time?

Thanks

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Question...can I start working as soon as my OWP is issued before I receive it in the mail, like on odd jobs that wouldn't require the physical permit?

tatey

Sep 9, 2013
rxpei said:
Hello

I have a quick question regarding the landing interview, I am still waiting for when that will be. Is true that the CIC will confirm the landing date AFTER I paid the fee? If the interview was waived, how long do I need to wait for the PR?

Also, do I need to be in Canada while waiting for the PR card? Can I travel during the waiting time?

Thanks

I was told by the officer that arranged my landing interview that the fee needs to be paid at least 5 days before the interview to give it time to appear on their systems, so it should be paid as soon as possible.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Happywife08 said:
Can you guys help me with this question

I appreciate any feedback
As far as I understand it, OWP and a study permit are two different things requiring two different forms. Once you get PR however, you can study anywhere you want without a permit.

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Happywife08 said:
Can you guys help me with this question

I appreciate any feedback

I think you can apply for a study permit, but its advisable to wait till you get PR because prior to that International Fees will apply to you.

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Yes thanks a lot Screech. Very happy and relieved to get the AIP. I already have Provincial health care and OWP ( because of my previous refugee claim that was denied )

I was really on my last legs. I already applied for PRRA in July 2013. Everyday used to be nerve racking when opening my mailbox lol because I dont know if its a letter from CIC or if its a letter from CBSA.

The CBSA officer told me that if I get my interview and approval before the PRRA result came in, then they will hand over the case to CIC. but if not then they will proceed with removal procedures .

Now my question is, CBSA has my passport. And I need to get police clearance from my home country, and for that I need my original passport. How can I get my passport back? I called CIC about it and they were not very sure, asked me to call CBSA, suggested to get a letter from my embassy to say that they need original passport. That is the last place i really want to call. So I thought I will ask here first. If anyone else had this situation or know what can be done will be really helpful.

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
rxpei said:
Hello

Thanks

Hey there,

I don't know the answer to the first question, but I think if there is a pending fee, they might send you the landing letter with instructions to pay the fee and asking you to bring a receipt.

If the interview is waived, step 2 is 8 months as per website and then maybe a couple of months more or less before PR.

Before AIP, you have to remain in Canada.
If you get AIP, you can get a TRV and if you have work permit , job letter , valid passport its not impossible to travel, but its not advisable. Because they will happily let you go, but when you come back they have the power to deny you entry based on health , security etc. And if that happens this application will be dropped and you have to start fresh.

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
canadianthrower said:
Question...can I start working as soon as my OWP is issued before I receive it in the mail, like on odd jobs that wouldn't require the physical permit?
Question is how would you know that your OWP is issued before you receive it in the mail ? If that is possible, I dont think you will get a valid SIN card without physical permit. And without a valid SIN card ( you own SIN number ), employer will be unable to hire ( doesnt matter if its odd or even job )

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mahnova said:
Yes thanks a lot Screech. Very happy and relieved to get the AIP. I already have Provincial health care and OWP ( because of my previous refugee claim that was denied )

I was really on my last legs. I already applied for PRRA in July 2013. Everyday used to be nerve racking when opening my mailbox lol because I dont know if its a letter from CIC or if its a letter from CBSA.

The CBSA officer told me that if I get my interview and approval before the PRRA result came in, then they will hand over the case to CIC. but if not then they will proceed with removal procedures .

Now my question is, CBSA has my passport. And I need to get police clearance from my home country, and for that I need my original passport. How can I get my passport back? I called CIC about it and they were not very sure, asked me to call CBSA, suggested to get a letter from my embassy to say that they need original passport. That is the last place i really want to call. So I thought I will ask here first. If anyone else had this situation or know what can be done will be really helpful.

@ Mahnova
I don't think u shld worry abt cbsa doing anything abt ur case for now, with ur AIP letter the removal will be on hold till ur second stage is processed. I had a refugee case too which was denied and I was ask to meet with a CBSA office who was so kind to let me know tht with AIP removal will be put on hold. Call them they know u need ur passport to finish ur application, they may ask u to come with the AIP letter or may just check ur application status online to verfy. Best of luck man!