IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
iav12 said:
Hi Guys ..
I landed Yesterday @ Vancouver office..Its fast and quick landing..There is nothing to worry about it.
Now just have to wait for the PR card to arrive...So happy now
Good luck to you all and God bless.. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Congratulations iav12. I'm so happy for you!

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
Congrats on those who got good news today..

I have a quick question regarding the landing interview, I am still waiting for when that will be. Is true that the CIC will confirm the landing date AFTER I paid the fee? If the interview was waived, how long do I need to wait for the PR?
Basically, what will be happen after paying the fee for the landing?

Also, do I need to be in Canada while waiting for the PR card? Can I travel during the waiting time?

Thanks

eager beaver

Nov 28, 2012
@Screech and everyone else, GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am happy to let you know that my fiance got his AIP letter on Tuesday October 1st...OWP to follow by mail.....we are sooo happy.

It is bittersweet though because in the same email they told him that since he lived in Australia for a few years before moving here that he is required to send the police clearance for there (which we did) but apparently also if you lived in Queensland you need to have a traffic history reprt as well....So now we are applying for that, hopefully it doesnt take too long.

Excited he can finally work though and we can start looking for a house to purchase :D

Please update the spreadsheet screech! and congrats to everyone who has been recieving aip, DM and landing!!! So happy for everyone!!!

x2012

Mar 1, 2012
Hi everybody

I'm surprised mid November are getting AIP! It's really goooood newws!!

I have some question about how you get AIP notification:

Who will receive the email, as we both put our email, the Sponsor or the Applicant or both?
Do they send also a physical letter in the regular mail or just electronic email?
Will they show any difference in ECAS status after giving out AIP?
What is the email address of CIC and/or the subject of the email (to avoid spam-filters)?

I want to make sure to get the AIP and don't keep waiting forever...

Feb 28, 2013
Landed today. The process itself was from 1300 to 1315 in the Expo boulevard office. I was asked the 3 usual questions, got the VOIDED work permits back, the only thing they kept was the recipe. Still the usual that no NEW SIN with CORP, have to wait for the PR Card, which takes 6-8 weeks. Apparently I was the only person landing.
I asked them what could be the reason I never got the letter about the landing interview appointment but the immigration offical (Mr. Lee) did not elaborate.
So I was lucky that I sent the email to questions @ cic.gc.ca after one months had passed from my DM, because they called me yesterday morning 9 am and told that the interview was scheduled for today 1pm. In my email I included my UCI and cellphone number.

now just waiting for the PR card...

good luck to anybody who is still waiting...

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Congrats to Northvancouverestonian. You must be frustrated when not getting the appointment mail. I hope they don't do it again (with me & others :-X).

I've just got a reply from CIC today: "A review of our electronic immigration system indicates that your application was approved in September and an appointment for you to become a permanent resident will be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 4 months."

Hopefully they will contact me soon. Should I call CIC and ask about extension of MSP or I have to redo it after landing? I'm using a visitor insurance since MSP expired in August. Please advise!

Thank you!
Qosmio

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
I finally heard from CIC since I haven't gotten AIP yet and I sent in my application last October. Turned out CIC emailed 4th of Sepetember asking for more documents. I never saw the email cause it was in my spam. The agent I spoke with today just told me about the the mail. I checked it wasn't in my inbox but my spam. A month of extra delay and anxious waiting.

Among the additional information needed, they want statutory declaration from people who know I and my partner. Just to confirm that we are indeed in a genuine relationship and it is a continuous one.

Does anyone know what the statutory declaration letter entails aside from friends and family writing that they do know our relationship is genuine? Do the letters need to be notarized or it involves more legal info?

Thanks

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Wow this forum is so busy :) Well Screech I got my official letter for my AIP dated September 19 2013. I went by my Lawyer's office today to get it. Thanks to my good friend Jolly who told me to call CIC and request a copy :)

Well I can't wait to receive my DM email now.... wish I could get everything done by Christmas :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
goldmoon said:
Wow this forum is so busy :) Well Screech I got my official letter for my AIP dated September 19 2013. I went by my Lawyer's office today to get it. Thanks to my good friend Jolly who told me to call CIC and request a copy :)

Well I can't wait to receive my DM email now.... wish I could get everything done by Christmas :D
That's great goldmoon. Now you can apply for OHIP with it.

Screech339

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Thanks Goldmoon and Jolly: I guess I will do the same to call ask for a specific AIP copy!
ECAS says our redone medical has been received ...Upward and Onward!

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Hello, friends! Finally yesterday I received DM....after almost one year AIP. I was so scare to open the email :))))
I'm in Etobicoke office and I'll update you as soon as I get the email from there.
Thank you very much for your help and.... Good luck for everyone!

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
qosmio said:
Congrats to Northvancouverestonian. You must be frustrated when not getting the appointment mail. I hope they don't do it again (with me & others :-X).

I've just got a reply from CIC today: "A review of our electronic immigration system indicates that your application was approved in September and an appointment for you to become a permanent resident will be scheduled for you in the next 2 – 4 months."

Hopefully they will contact me soon. Should I call CIC and ask about extension of MSP or I have to redo it after landing? I'm using a visitor insurance since MSP expired in August. Please advise!

Thank you!

Qosmio
I got DM back in June 26th but havent heart any word from Vancouver local office. It is so unfair!!! I let you know if get any update :(.

P/s: Im Vietnamese too, chào thân ái ;)

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
somewhat complicated question:

Okay, so I am a teacher from the states. I did inland family submitted with OWP back on 29 Nov. Now, in order to get a permanent certification, i need to do 30 credit hours of courses. SO! I found a school that is approved by the certification board and will allow me to do distance education.

so the question(s).

I need to apply for a study permit (or wait 8-12 months for PR to be granted!). Do I need to submit background checks with that application? (honestly would take forever to get the letters AGAIN for Uganda and Bhutan - Bhutan took 6 months to get in my hands :( ). If I get a study permit, am I allowed to go back and forth from Canada to the US without any hinderance to my PR application?

Thanks for any and ALL help. This stuff is so confusing when you have multiple apps going and trying to figure out your status and such.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
also after i receive AIP, am granted a new status? currently I am on implied status from the AOR.

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I posted a couple of days to share my interview experience. My interview was on 1st Oct 2013.

Today I and my wife received letters from CIC. It doesn't say approval in principal on it. But it says " It has been determined that on October 01, 2013 you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse and common-law partner in Canada class. "

Does that mean this is the Approval in Principal ?

And in another place it says " If preliminary information indicates that you probably meet all statutory reuirements of the Immigration and Refugee protection Act, you will receiver a letter asking you to attend an interview at the CIC centre in your area. A final determination on your application for PR will be made at this interview. This usually occurs about 12 -24 months after the date of your approval in principle was granted ( see paragraph two of this letter). "

Does it really take upto 2 years after AIP for PR ??!

and my wife received a letter basically just explaining that she meets requirement as a sponsor and her responsibilities and when they start ....