07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
I would have thought that too when we complied the application together. The 2 PR pics sent in application would be used for PR cards. Apparently I thought wrong at the time. Perhaps these pics are meant to stay with the application itself in vegreville when filed. And the PR pics at landing are to be used in Halifax processing for new PR card. One for record keeping in Halifax and one for card.

Screech339
Thanks Screech!

Congrats to Dawnng for your landing date. :)

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
dawnng said:
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The big day is fixed!

I'm set with an appointment at CIC Scarborough on 2 October! Finally, everything is moving so fast...OMG what a relief. For all who is waiting, you will be next. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! dawnng!!! :)

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
screech339 said:
I would have thought that too when we complied the application together. The 2 PR pics sent in application would be used for PR cards. Apparently I thought wrong at the time. Perhaps these pics are meant to stay with the application itself in vegreville when filed. And the PR pics at landing are to be used in Halifax processing for new PR card. One for record keeping in Halifax and one for card.

Screech339
I think the pictures get outdated through the long process so they require new ones for the final PR card.

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Congrats Dawn. Glad u r finished now.

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
We are waiting for our PR card right now. We are hoping to take a trip to Montreal and Toronto before our card arrives. We will be flying from Vancouver. Are we allowed to travel within Canada? Our consultant says its better that we dont go because we arent suppose to travel during this time? Even if its within canada?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Besunshine said:
We are waiting for our PR card right now. We are hoping to take a trip to Montreal and Toronto before our card arrives. We will be flying from Vancouver. Are we allowed to travel within Canada? Our consultant says its better that we dont go because we arent suppose to travel during this time? Even if its within canada?
That's BS. You can travel anywhere domestically within Canada. My wife was able to fly to Nfld without her PR card. Only showed her passport and away she went.

You really don't even need a PR card if you have no intention of leaving Canada. However some do require PR card only on account of acquiring a SIN card to legally work.

Screech339

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
screech339 said:
That's BS. You can travel anywhere domestically within Canada. My wife was able to fly to Nfld without her PR card. Only showed her passport and away she went.

You really don't even need a PR card if you have no intention of leaving Canada. However some do require PR card only on account of acquiring a SIN card to legally work.

Screech339
You dont even need to show your passport for domestic flights, i always use My drivers license or if you have any other Government issued ID will work aswell.
They only check it at security desk and before boarding the plane

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Weelove said:
hi guys lam new here , what does DM means????????
Decision made :)

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
My wife had Decision Made at Vegreville over 7 weeks ago. We have a few questions...

Should we be concerned that we have not heard from Vancouver yet?
Does everyone need to travel to the local office to obtain the confirmation of permanent residence document? It's quite the distance for us and would be costly.
Do you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee before you'll even receive the appointment?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
HME said:
You dont even need to show your passport for domestic flights, i always use My drivers license or if you have any other Government issued ID will work aswell.
They only check it at security desk and before boarding the plane
I know you don't even need passport either but passport was the only ID my wife had at the time. No drivers licence. Only made a point that you don't need a PR card to fly domestic.

Screech339

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doe123 said:
My wife had Decision Made at Vegreville over 7 weeks ago. We have a few questions...

Should we be concerned that we have not heard from Vancouver yet?
Does everyone need to travel to the local office to obtain the confirmation of permanent residence document? It's quite the distance for us and would be costly.
Do you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee before you'll even receive the appointment?
Vancouver office seems to take a while to send the landing appointment letter but you will get it soon. The PR fee has nothing to do with it but it is advisable you pay it before landing appointment and bring copy of receipt.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
I advise you to get a new consultant.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Guys how can i follow up with the fax that isent to scarbrough office? Is there a local number i can call to make sure they have received the requested docs?