Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
sweetsher said:
sooo happy right now! I sent my online OWP application on may 16 and just received an email saying my work permit is mailed out. sooo happy , at least I can go work now and keep my mind off the dm.
Congrats:)-I know the feeling,got mine in may and now am back to work:)-Its less stressful and wish they would let everyone waiting work!!!! :(

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
congrats! get to work! hahah

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
sweetsher said:
sooo happy right now! I sent my online OWP application on may 16 and just received an email saying my work permit is mailed out. sooo happy , at least I can go work now and keep my mind off the dm.
Hi, may I know which form should I use to apply for OWP? I will told that I am eligible to apply but when I get to the website, I'm totally lost! Can you help me?

Thank you.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

I think this should be the info you need. The forms are general, so if it asks for current employer, you can do it as N/A since you'll need to type something in for it to generate the bar codes. Others may be able to add extra help :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dawnng said:
Hi, may I know which form should I use to apply for OWP? I will told that I am eligible to apply but when I get to the website, I'm totally lost! Can you help me?

Thank you.
I've always recommended using this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You are already inside Canada and are applying to "change conditions" from your status now to a work permit. I suspect they will accept either, but you might want to call CIC and ask.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
computergeek said:
I've always recommended using this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You are already inside Canada and are applying to "change conditions" from your status now to a work permit. I suspect they will accept either, but you might want to call CIC and ask.
I also used this link as well.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
DID EVERYONE ELSE SEE THIS ON THE CIC WEBSITE TODAY??? Or am I just a Jill- come - lately????

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
screech339 said:
@ jiggy,

I don't think kenney's will get any dent in his crediablity issue as currently he is quite popular in his changes in immigration process. Battling marriage fraud, citizenship fraud, reforming refugee procedures, people that want to see these immigration issues fixed. Plus kenney can always claim that he wasn't aware of the backlog of the inland papers and can always say applications are being cleared up for oct 25 deadline change as an excuse. And I imagined a lot of people will accept that excuse as it likely doesn't affect them anyway. Voters will don't care as the rule changes doesn't affect them except for those sponsoring and they are a small percentage of voters that won't likely change the popularity of kenney.

Screech339
Yup, I agree Screech. Most Canadians are unaware of the difficult processing times and procedures, so it will have absolutely no impact of their opinion of him. PLUS..... the process is designed to make our country and prosperous. It is what it is - and at the end of the day, although it is frustrating for us all who sit and wait - As a Canadian, I have to appreciate the efforts that are made to ensure our country remains as great as it is.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:

This is what I used as well. Just put N/A on items that are not applicable i.e. employer

munah

Feb 24, 2013
Wow this process is going to take longer than I expected, they still working on October 8 apps when are they going to move on from this spot. Is the walkout effecting inland apps or is it just outland?

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
munah said:
Wow this process is going to take longer than I expected, they still working on October 8 apps when are they going to move on from this spot. Is the walkout effecting inland apps or is it just outland?
It looks like it is going to effect everyone......... I suspect that is why you cant get a straight answer from anyone at the call centre either. They probably just don't know what to say - and cant be discussing the strike with people, that would be against policy. Lets just hope this ends SOON!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech

Those agents are lying on June month weddings. If they could use those lies to help deal effectively with their backlogs then I wouldn't have such a disgusting attitude toward that department. The CBSA show on TV said it takes just a few minutes to do a background check on an individual. However, CIC advertised on their site that it takes an average 8 months. Poor us as immigrants

Jiggy,God is on our side,He will come through for all of us:) ;)

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
dawnng said:

Thank you.
Hi everyone, thanks for the advice and link. I'm going to apply for it now since I'm eligible whilst waiting! Not sure how long would I have to wait for the next stage - DM?

Have a great Friday to all applicants in waiting!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
dawnng said:
Hi everyone, thanks for the advice and link. I'm going to apply for it now since I'm eligible whilst waiting! Not sure how long would I have to wait for the next stage - DM?

Have a great Friday to all applicants in waiting!
@dawnng,

If you wish to be put on timesheet, please let me know and also provide your timeline. Country of origin and where you are living now.

Good luck on your OWP application.

Screech339

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012