Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
hi guys, since time for getting AIP is now 8 months, can we send like some group reguest or group petition to CIC??? I think that we all deserve some explanation,why is there such a difference between people who applied in Sept and people who applied later??? ( I am sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, I am in Canada only one year :D :D :D )

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Jolly

Yes I am from Jamaica. Please provide your timeline so screech could add u to the 2012 spreadsheet

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. In 10 days it will have been exactly 2 months since we received the DM letter. Im thinking to send our local office an email after that. I have not had time to read through all the posts lately so if there were any congratulations in order please except my excitement and joy for you. :)

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
wolanila said:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. In 10 days it will have been exactly 2 months since we received the DM letter. Im thinking to send our local office an email after that. I have not had time to read through all the posts lately so if there were any congratulations in order please except my excitement and joy for you. :)
Whats your local office? I waited a month and a half just to get a landing date. Decision was made on April and last Thursday i got the landing letter for my interview, June 20th at scarborough cic. So in 16 days i will become a permanent resident :) Cant wait.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gosia said:
Whats your local office? I waited a month and a half just to get a landing date. Decision was made on April and last Thursday i got the landing letter for my interview, June 20th at scarborough cic. So in 16 days i will become a permanent resident :) Cant wait.
Our local office is Saskatoon. I dont know what the delay is. I never thought there were that many immigrants in Saskatchewan. Anyway not to be ungreatful, our application has been processed much quicker than anticipated. Very pleased that things are moving in a better direction! :)

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
Sonja/srb said:
hi guys, since time for getting AIP is now 8 months, can we send like some group reguest or group petition to CIC??? I think that we all deserve some explanation,why is there such a difference between people who applied in Sept and people who applied later??? ( I am sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, I am in Canada only one year :D :D :D )
Yeah, I'm not too sure why things have been slow down so much. Summer is here and I'm assuming that a lot of agents working for CIC will be on holiday.. Things might be even slower.

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. As I promised I went yesterday to Service Canada and tried to get my new SIN number. The lady at the Service wasn`t very sure, she went and asked her manager and it appeared I can`t get new SIN with just COPR and passport, they also needed a visa counterfoil in my passport. (I guess that is what they get when they apply outland). I do have valid visa in my passport but it`s not the same. No luck for me, I am waiting for my card. I assume to if she wouldn`t have asked her manager I would have gotten my SIN)))
Good luck, everyone!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Penna7 said:
Hi guys. As I promised I went yesterday to Service Canada and tried to get my new SIN number. The lady at the Service wasn`t very sure, she went and asked her manager and it appeared I can`t get new SIN with just COPR and passport, they also needed a visa counterfoil in my passport. (I guess that is what they get when they apply outland). I do have valid visa in my passport but it`s not the same. No luck for me, I am waiting for my card. I assume to if she wouldn`t have asked her manager I would have gotten my SIN)))
Good luck, everyone!
Penna,

You have tried and perhap you could go to a different location and see if you get same result again. I would have at least tried all 3 locations before giving up and wait for PR card.

Screech339

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
mikekmk said:
Yeah, I'm not too sure why things have been slow down so much. Summer is here and I'm assuming that a lot of agents working for CIC will be on holiday.. Things might be even slower.
Ooh nooo :eek: :eek: :eek: I forgot about the summer holidays..

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Sonja/srb said:
Ooh nooo :eek: :eek: :eek: I forgot about the summer holidays..
don't worry if officers will be goin on holidays I wuld like to think that they would have some replacement

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
Our local office is Saskatoon. I dont know what the delay is. I never thought there were that many immigrants in Saskatchewan. Anyway not to be ungreatful, our application has been processed much quicker than anticipated. Very pleased that things are moving in a better direction! :)
@wolanila,

I would consider you to call them on a weekly basis until you get a landing date. My wife called them after 7 week and again after 8 week before getting letter in the mail on week 9 after DM.

Screech339

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
Jolly1 said:
@ un_duno. well. i didnt get the AIP letter . my husband got the letter saying that they've received our application.

so we only have that unique client ID number that they initially issue.

My question was; iv noticed that other people on this forum sent in their application and sent their application for work permit after the application but before the AIP letter.

I want to do the same but wanted you guys opinion.
Hm, We only've got one AOR, that they've got my husband's application to sponsor me. And there was no UCI for me, just file number for him. But since we sent all of the documents in one package, we were happy to get a confirmation on them receiving it. So I've seen my UCI for the first time on the AIP letter that immigration sent to me.
I do remember our lawyer said, that there was no point requesting OWP before AIP. First they have to know that you've met the requirements, and then you can apply for OWP.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Question:

My wife is starting a teaching gig in Manitoba and she called to ask if I was covered (not PR yet). THey said once I had a temporary SIN I will be covered. MY question is if I will get a temporary SIN upon receiving AIP and/or OWP?

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sounion said:
Question:

My wife is starting a teaching gig in Manitoba and she called to ask if I was covered (not PR yet). THey said once I had a temporary SIN I will be covered. MY question is if I will get a temporary SIN upon receiving AIP and/or OWP?

Hi Sounion,
You can get temp. SIN when you get your OWP.