December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@ichbinella
Please tell him I said their goal for immigration will not be achieved if they continue to let people wait so long to get decisions on their applications. 2) why is it that spouses can't actually receive an OWP immediately after sending their sponsorship applications in just like the US system. 3) what plans are in place to make our credentials workable when we arrive in Canada rather to work in the factories?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
radio777 said:
Thanks for the info. I have paid the $490 yesterday. My lawyer told me the exact same thing to wait for the interview letter/appointment letter. But, I personally think it is better to send the receipt to the CIC. I just don't know where to send it. Vegreville or Montreal local office of CIC.

where did you send it?
I sent it to Vegreville, and actually I got a letter after that from Montreal office asking me for pictures and to check my information, and under the letter a saw a small note indicating that my PR fees were already paid. I havent get my landing interview appointment, but at least I know that they have the payment and Im still bringing a copy of the payemnt just in case :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ ichbinella
Please tell him I said their goal for immigration will not be achieved if they continue to let people wait so long to get decisions on their applications. 2) why is it that spouses can't actually receive an OWP immediately after sending their sponsorship applications in just like the US system. 3) what plans are in place to make our credentials workable when we arrive in Canada rather to work in the factories?
@jiggy,

One of the reason that spouses of US citizens are able to get work permits quickly in the US was due to the fact they had to submit criminal and medical record check as requirements to apply for K1 fiancé visa before coming to US to live. Quite different to Canada. Immigrants with Canada TRV are not required to submit criminal/medical records in order to apply for Canada TRV. So spouses awaiting Inland have basically bypassed the criminal/medical check. It is quite unfair that those who apply for Canada Work Visa have to submit their records first to get their visas while those in Canada gets OWP before their medical/police checks are not done. The only reason it would take 6 months for you to get OWP is only because of the 6 month backlog from application received to actually reviewing to issue AIP due to a huge number inland applications. If the backlog is eliminated completely, you would likely to get AIP and OWP in a couple of weeks after application submitted date. Unfortunately CIC do not have the manpower to handle a huge amount of applications and there was a 15% jump in the number of applications for spousal sponsorship in 2012 alone.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ichbinella said:
As a matter of fact, i hv a chance to meet Jason Kenney today for 15 mins question time.

What do you guys want to ask him if you hv a chance?? (of cos i want to ask him why i hvnt' got my DM while those submitted later than me got AIP+DM at one time!!)

Throw in ur ideas i hope i can help raising some questions or points worth seeing for him.
@ichbinella,

1 question I would ask is why Canadians/PRs can’t sponsor their siblings to Canada. Sponsors are still responsible for their sibling’s welfare, no different from being responsible for their parents. In fact, siblings are more likely to be able to contribute to Canada workforce. Parents are likely to be retired and thus have no input to Canada workforce. If temporary workers are important to Canada's economy, sponsored siblings are a good solution to the temporary workers. US allow its people to sponsor their brothers/sisters.

Screech339

radio777

May 10, 2013
@ Loops:

I sent it to Vegreville, and actually I got a letter after that from Montreal office asking me for pictures and to check my information, and under the letter a saw a small note indicating that my PR fees were already paid. I havent get my landing interview appointment, but at least I know that they have the payment and Im still bringing a copy of the payemnt just in case Smiley

Thanks a lot for the info. I might do that as well. I will most probably send it by fedex or sth tomorrow. Lucky you, that you already got the letter for pictures and to check your information....some people got the same type of letter that you have received and others have just received the letter to present themselves at the local office for landing.......I just don't get what CIC does sometimes......
Anyways, you are almost there.....All the best till the end.... :D

radio777

May 10, 2013
@ Screech 339:

1 question I would ask is why Canadians/PRs can't sponsor their siblings to Canada. Sponsors are still responsible for their sibling's welfare, no different from being responsible for their parents. In fact, siblings are more likely to be able to contribute to Canada workforce. Parents are likely to be retired and thus have no input to Canada workforce. If temporary workers are important to Canada's economy, sponsored siblings are a good solution to the temporary workers. US allow its people to sponsor their brothers/sisters.

That's an awesome question. Definitely agree with Screech 339. 8)

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
finally i managed to raise some concerns we often have as applicants , to J. K. in our short meeting.

I told him for inland applicants, they are asked not to leave the country but we did hear sad stories from time to time, when we have relatives or frds who suffer from serious illness and want us to return home so badly.. yet could not get a chance simply becos of the waiting game.

He said, he didnt hear stories about that before and appreciated my telling him , he said he will look into these areas becos he did admit that there are lots of bad points within the regulations and system.

I know he wont do anything that can help us now, just hopefully he will hv that point in mind and do sth later.

I also told him the unfair waiting game made many ppl suffer. U know, even he could not explain why some 2013 inland applicants got AIP+DM at the same time while we, 2012 applicants are still waiting so hard for DM.

I did ask about the "siblings" someone raised here, he said currently the backlog is on its reduction, if he opens new category, it will increase the number again and make the game endlessly long.

radio777

May 10, 2013
Recently, I noticed that JK is using the backlog issue as his excuse.
People can sponsor their siblings in States and sometimes the sponsorship takes 10 years long......States didn't stop the category for siblings just cause there are going to be lots of applications.....Rather, they process files on "first come first basis".....
I believe that JK will never introduce the siblings category.....
So, people have to wait for a change in the system from a different government.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ichbinella said:
finally i managed to raise some concerns we often have as applicants , to J. K. in our short meeting.

I told him for inland applicants, they are asked not to leave the country but we did hear sad stories from time to time, when we have relatives or frds who suffer from serious illness and want us to return home so badly.. yet could not get a chance simply becos of the waiting game.

He said, he didnt hear stories about that before and appreciated my telling him , he said he will look into these areas becos he did admit that there are lots of bad points within the regulations and system.

I know he wont do anything that can help us now, just hopefully he will hv that point in mind and do sth later.

I also told him the unfair waiting game made many ppl suffer. U know, even he could not explain why some 2013 inland applicants got AIP+DM at the same time while we, 2012 applicants are still waiting so hard for DM.

I did ask about the "siblings" someone raised here, he said currently the backlog is on its reduction, if he opens new category, it will increase the number again and make the game endlessly long.
@ichbinella

I appreciate you relaying my point about siblings. While it would raise the numbers again according to him, which is true. You can always put a cap on the limit of sibling sponsorship or place limitation of qualifications for sibling sponsorship such as "must be single, have no children" or something like that. This would allow those siblings, especially those without parents, to be able to unite with his/her sibling's family and still be a contributor to workforce.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
radio777 said:
Recently, I noticed that JK is using the backlog issue as his excuse.
People can sponsor their siblings in States and sometimes the sponsorship takes 10 years long......States didn't stop the category for siblings just cause there are going to be lots of applications.....Rather, they process files on "first come first basis".....
I believe that JK will never introduce the siblings category.....
So, people have to wait for a change in the system from a different government.

@ loops

By placing a yearly cap on the sibling category and limiting it to “not married” and have no children, would allow reduce the number of qualified applicants to Canada. If you are married, as far as I'm concerned you are living dependently. You do not have the need to “be with your sibling” as you have your own spouse and family now.

With the yearly cap, if you applied for sibling sponsorship, the yearly cap has already been reached, reapply for it next year. By reapplying every year, it shows Canada that you still have an interest to come to Canada every year, even after 10 years. Not applying once and then forget about it until 10 years down the road when you get a call to come to Canada. Not fair for those who really want to move to Canada. That is where the massive backlog came from. Show your yearly efforts if you are genuinely interested in moving to Canada.

With the yearly sibling cap with requirement to reapply yearly if applied after cap is reached, there is no backlog. If 10000 are issued, only first qualified 10000 gets the visa. Must reapply next year if you didn't get it. "No 10000 visas issued with 200000 waiting in queue next year for next 10000 visa to be issued". With a deciated yearly cap, you can dedicate the same amount of manpower to the sibling category since the number of sibling visas is the same year after year.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech

Not everyone that went to the states and get sponsored went on a fiance visa. That's a fact! Well unless CIC finds the gut to staff its offices it won't realize the ambition goal they claim to have for immigration. Are u saying that we must submit police certificate to get an OWP? I don't think so. Some folks here got AIP and OWP before police certificates are submitted

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech

Not everyone that went to the states and get sponsored went on a fiance visa. That's a fact! Well unless CIC finds the gut to staff its offices it won't realize the ambition goal they claim to have for immigration. Are u saying that we must submit police certificate to get an OWP? I don't think so. Some folks here got AIP and OWP before police certificates are submitted
@jiggy

You are right if you come from US visa exempt country. I'm sure a lot of foreigners want to get married at vegas. Ha ha. However if you require a visa to enter US and used a tourist visa with intention of marrying a US citizen, in US eyes that's immigration fraud as you did not use proper K1 visa to enter US with marriage intentions.

As for people getting OWP and AIP same time, they are 2 different things. AIP basically saying we are officially putting you in the system. The medical and police check are next to be done. OWP is a work permit. Different. I think issuing OWP without police check is the wrong approach. At least they should have a police record on hand before issuing OWP.

Screech339

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
i have a question!

i got my letter from RAMQ for my health insurance card here in Quebec. I have all my stuff to send but it is also written that they want this :
The originals of all the following documents:

Permanent Resident Card, or any other document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities attesting to their permanent resident status in Canada, along with their visa

What visa? i just have my open work permit, which is in my passport. And i cant send my original passport to them....

Can somebody help???

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
radio777 said:
@ Schreech 339

gov wants to get rid of the sibling category....
so they won't imply the rule of CAPs....
You can't get rid of the sibling category if there were none to begin with. Don't believe there was ever a sibling category. So they should be able to use rule of CAPs.

Screech339