18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Rusty53 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I am in absolute shock! It's is us today. I just recieved my wife's email on my work computer. WE HAVE DM!!!!!! No mistake this time. I have to run out to a meeting right now so I will send more info later. I am physically breathless right now!
Congrats Rusty53 :D, so happy for you

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
:mad:I cannot believe CIC updated their website and still working on applications received october 5,2012. This makes 3 weeks they working on the same date. Another week of waitin for me

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sweetsher said:
:mad:I cannot believe CIC updated their website and still working on applications received october 5,2012. This makes 3 weeks they working on the same date. Another week of waitin for me
Wait until tomorrow. The eCAS website doesn't get updated until Thursdays anyway I usually check on Thursdays for status updates. I have had a couple of times that it was stuck on same day 2 weeks in a row. And other times moved only a day or two. Sometimes it depends on the how many applications it has received on that day or week. Remember this is October timeframe. I suspects a lot of applications have been sent in during this time after a summer season of weddings and a month or two of sponsorship application preparations before submitting it in before October 25th deadline when 2 year PR condition sets in.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the dates gets slowly moved along each passing week during october due to massive influx of PR applications submitted to beat the october 25th when 2 year conditional PR come into effect.

Screech339

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
If one is in a truely committed relationship what difference would the 2yr conditional PR make

mb112012

Mar 14, 2013
filing a tax return to get child tax benefits

has anyone had to file a tax return that was blank to prove that their spouse had no income in order to get child tax benefits? It seems so pointless to me but I guess it has to be done. Just was wondering if anyone else had to do this. My spouse has not had a job since he arrived in canada so do we just put his name on a blank form and send it in for the tax return?

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nigea said:
If one is in a truely committed relationship what difference would the 2yr conditional PR make
True, it doesn't matter if they are commited. However nobody want to have a spouse with a 2 year conditional PR no matter how commited they are. It only applies to those whose marriage are less than 2 years and have no children anyway. And a majority of the applications sent in for sponsorship are likely newlyweds.

Screech339

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Re: filing a tax return to get child tax benefits

mb112012 said:
has anyone had to file a tax return that was blank to prove that their spouse had no income in order to get child tax benefits? It seems so pointless to me but I guess it has to be done. Just was wondering if anyone else had to do this. My spouse has not had a job since he arrived in canada so do we just put his name on a blank form and send it in for the tax return?

Thanks
MY husband just sent his in with $0 income. We first had to get a TTN (temporary tax number). They held up my CCTB until he gat a TTN and send his world income in. You have to do this even if it is O in order to get your benefits.

mb112012

Mar 14, 2013
november 2012

My application was received on November 28th 2012, but I did not receive any emails saying that I was approved to sponsor my husband. I only received the email that the application was received is this right or should i have heard something else by now.

mb112012

Mar 14, 2013
Re: filing a tax return to get child tax benefits

Nigea said:
MY husband just sent his in with $0 income. We first had to get a TTN (temporary tax number). They held up my CCTB until he gat a TTN and send his world income in. You have to do this even if it is O in order to get your benefits.
Thank you very much, I was not sure if this was the right thing to do.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Seems like CIC is stuck on doing the October applications. OMG!! The waiting game continue. I dont think that there was an influx of applications due to the imposed conditional PR because the announcement was made on the same day the regulation became effective.

i_am_oasa

Feb 27, 2013
Hello in the house,

I have not been participating much on this forum but have been following it very closely since last year.

I want to inform you guys that today I got an email from CPCV that the processing of my application for PR has been completed and Etobicoke will contact me. I know the question most people will be willing to ask me is "what is your timeline", so I'll just drop the answer to that below.

Application received by CPCV on September 7, 2012.
AIP and OWP issued on February 20, 2013
ecas is not updated for DM yet but today (April 10, 2013) I got the email that the processing of my application is completed.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WAITING FOR AIP AND DM...... YAY!!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
Seems like CIC is stuck on doing the October applications. OMG!! The waiting game continue. I dont think that there was an influx of applications due to the imposed conditional PR because the announcement was made on the same day the regulation became effective.
You are right. The annoucement came the day after the imposed october 25th date. Thus an influx of applications would not have happened. However it may be stuck due to lack of updating website or a blip of more applications coming in than usual. It could be due to applications sent it after a summer season of weddings and time to complete applications and submital.

BTW. I was wrong in waiting until tomorrow for web update. Noticed that they updated it today which is unusual as I always had to wait til Thursday for updates.

Screech339

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone know how long the delay is for CIC to open mail? We were requested to send ink fingerprints to CIC and i am assuming that cic will then in turn send them to the rcmp. Would they mail the fingerprints once they've opened the letter or would they wait until they review my file again to send the fingerprints to the rcmp?

Fingerprints received by cic: dec 24, 1012
Avg processing time for ink prints based on rcmp website: 18 weeks :(

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i_am_oasa said:
Hello in the house,

I have not been participating much on this forum but have been following it very closely since last year.

I want to inform you guys that today I got an email from CPCV that the processing of my application for PR has been completed and Etobicoke will contact me. I know the question most people will be willing to ask me is "what is your timeline", so I'll just drop the answer to that below.

Application received by CPCV on September 7, 2012.
AIP and OWP issued on February 20, 2013
ecas is not updated for DM yet but today (April 10, 2013) I got the email that the processing of my application is completed.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WAITING FOR AIP AND DM...... YAY!!!
Congrats i_am_oasa! Isn't it a breath of relief getting the e-mail? Time to celebrate. :D