Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
NicJohn said:
Whoop whoop.. Got my OWP on Friday. Only checked the mail last night.. Now just waiting for final DM...
Good for you! The OWP is the biggest deal (imo) at least you can work and feel like a normal, contributing person while waiting for the rest. Congrats!

Avalon

Nov 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advise Please!

My son is sponsoring his common-law spouse. They sent their application to Alberta last April, it was received 24th April 2012. They received a letter on Nov 5th advising that my son met the eligibilty criteria to sponsor and that the PR application was in process. My daughter-in-law had medicals done in early December and they have been received by CIC. My daughter-in-law is 2 months pregnant, can someone please tell me if she is entitled to OHIP?

Thanks

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get an OWP without a medical, definitely.

It's up to you when you send the medical in. Some do it with the app and chance it being expired. Some wait till they're asked for it. Some do it as you are, at some point in between. I don't think anyone knows the right or wrong answer about this for sure.

thatgirl123 said:
Good Morning everyone

Just wondering......... my hubby and I put in his app in late Nov - it began process Jan 17. We did not submit medical at the time of app because I have heard of tooooo many instances where it was either lost in the shuffle or expired during the processing time, so we decided to hold off a little before getting it done. In light of app seemingly being processed so quickly lately.......... Do you think it would be a good time to do it and get it in, or should I wait til they ask for it? Can he still get an OWP
without the medical being done first?

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
ichbinella said:
last time i sent my package via Canada Post Xpresspost, arrive in 2 days! it costs only $15 to buy the envelop and u can put in everything inside without adding any other stamps~~
Thx I just joined it

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
so I just came back and I applied for OHIP with no problems!

I am in Toronto and was at one of the biggest and busiest Services Ontario! So they didn't request any additional proofs, just: proof of address ( apartment lease), passport, I gave them the email of cic for AIP and the original OWP!

wish luck to everybody :D

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
Rusty53 said:
anabanana, welcome to the club of very patient people. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Try not to get stressed this early. look at the bright side, you are with the one you love. Not everyone is!
That's true rusty haha haha, I agree.. Just be happy and hug your honey. Best wishes.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Avalon said:
Advise Please!

My son is sponsoring his common-law spouse. They sent their application to Alberta last April, it was received 24th April 2012. They received a letter on Nov 5th advising that my son met the eligibilty criteria to sponsor and that the PR application was in process. My daughter-in-law had medicals done in early December and they have been received by CIC. My daughter-in-law is 2 months pregnant, can someone please tell me if she is entitled to OHIP?

Thanks
Hi,yes she does!-She needs to apply at service Canada in your city,she'll need to take the letter or print the email that says he qualifies to sponsor with her!

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I believe it does - congratulations!

hope786110

Dec 19, 2012
Hi bibace, can you please tell me which office in Toronto you went and are they making you wait for 90 days before u get your health card?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@kulkas5

You would not get an OWP unless you are approved in principle. Did you check your Ecas to see what it said? Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?

Avalon

Nov 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrembo said:
Hi,yes she does!-She needs to apply at service Canada in your city,she'll need to take the letter or print the email that says he qualifies to sponsor with her!
Thanks Mrembo. She actually went to Service Ontario in Whitby the other day and they told her that she needs proof from CIC saying that her PR application is approved! However, I have just spoken to an agent at CIC and he told me that she doesn't need that and she should be able to get OHIP with the sponsor letter. Her Temporary Resident visa is about to expire in April, does she need to apply for a new one or will she automatically get a renewal? She is pregnant and needs an Ultrasound a.s.a.p. due to issues in her 1st pregnancy.

thanks so much for responding and giving your advice. :)

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Avalon said:
Thanks Mrembo. She actually went to Service Ontario in Whitby the other day and they told her that she needs proof from CIC saying that her PR application is approved! However, I have just spoken to an agent at CIC and he told me that she doesn't need that and she should be able to get OHIP with the sponsor letter. Her Temporary Resident visa is about to expire in April, does she need to apply for a new one or will she automatically get a renewal? She is pregnant and needs an Ultrasound a.s.a.p. due to issues in her 1st pregnancy.

thanks so much for responding and giving your advice. :)
Tell them to go in some of the larger offices like that one on 47 Shepard ave.
they didn't make me any problem. take the passport, printed email from cic about the eligibility, proof of address in Canada and if she has an work permit if no, I think this is enough.
good luck

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
bibace said:
so I just came back and I applied for OHIP with no problems!

I am in Toronto and was at one of the biggest and busiest Services Ontario! So they didn't request any additional proofs, just: proof of address ( apartment lease), passport, I gave them the email of cic for AIP and the original OWP!

wish luck to everybody :D
Which office did you go to ?

I'm getting such a run around trying to get my husbands. Have a meeting on Thursday with my MPP.

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
So further to my frustrating in getting my husbands health card application started, first thing this morning I called CIC and an agent advisd me that they DO NOT MAIL out the AIP letters anymore, they are EMAILED only ( hence, the reason it was and can't be signed/dated/stamped by the officer ).

So I called Service Ontario, who advised me they don't understand why the lady refused it with the documents I had; then told me that it is their policy that it needs to be signed/dated/stamped so why doesn't CIC change the way they send the letters out. I advised her that for the last 10 years our government has been pushing us to go GREEN which includes PAPERLESS so why would they ?

I was then told to go see my MPP......

How is it that different offices have different policies ????

I went to the office in Toronto at Islington and Bloor on Saturday with the official CIC stage 1 approval + alll other documents and then some, which was required per their website....

So frustrating.