Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Besunshine said:
My husband has been here for 10 years. First in high school, then university, then a post-grad work permit. CIC still requested his fingerprints though.. :(
CIC requests fingerprints where there is uncertainty about identity. Usually they obtain information from RCMP based upon biographical data (applicant's name and DOB) but if there is a match with someone (similar name and DOB) then they ask for fingerprints to ensure the applicant is not the person with the Canadian record. Otherwise, RCMP sends back "NRT" ("No Recordable Trace") and CIC doesn't want the fingerprints.

sugarcane

Mar 21, 2013
labhouise said:
Hi

I was in the same position as you.
I applied July 2011.
April 2012 CIC requested more information, which they received Early May 2012.
I did not get AIP until Oct. 1st 2012. So from the time they received it, it took almost 5 months.
If April 17th is your deadline, unfortunately chances are they won't return to your file until then, or even longer

I hope you hear before then but be prepared for a wait

Lab
Thanks for the insight, i guess the wait game continues.
@Rusty53 you can add me to the list too

am keeping my fingers crossed

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
computergeek said:
This is why they were able to approve you quickly - you've spent quite a bit of time in Canada already and they've done background checks before, so they had everything they needed to make a final decision on you (the applicant).
I hope this is true and works for me as well!!

Feb 28, 2013
Hey all

Good news...
Received an email and my common-law girlfriend who sponsored me received hers also that I was Approved in Principle (AIP) and my Open Work Permit (OWP) was also approved (OWP app sent with sponsorship and permanent resident application).
it took 169 days...now I will wait for the OWP to arrive by mail, so I can go back to work, but it was good to have a 3 weeks unpaid vacation...
@ Rusty53, could you please update the spreadsheet accordingly

thanks in advance

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Congrats alinka!

My husband has been here for 10 years. First in high school, then university, then a post-grad work permit. CIC still requested his fingerprints though.. :(
Thank you Besunshine! I cannot believe that your husband has been here for so long, and is still considered "temporary resident"... :eek:

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
alinka said:
Thank you Besunshine! I cannot believe that your husband has been here for so long, and is still considered "temporary resident"... :eek:
I know someone who has been here 15 years - since he was 14 - and is currently on a PGWP (I've been talking to him about applying for CEC. Honestly at this point he would probably qualify for H&C. CEC is definitely faster though.) So it does seem to happen fairly regularly.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
northvancouverestonian said:
Hey all

Good news...
Received an email and my common-law girlfriend who sponsored me received hers also that I was Approved in Principle (AIP) and my Open Work Permit (OWP) was also approved (OWP app sent with sponsorship and permanent resident application).
it took 169 days...now I will wait for the OWP to arrive by mail, so I can go back to work, but it was good to have a 3 weeks unpaid vacation...
@ Rusty53, could you please update the spreadsheet accordingly

thanks in advance
Congrats:)-yah,soon it'll be November,almost there!! ;D

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Yea... My husband's parents have been here for 10 years too... First on a study permit and then a string of work permits. My husband previously applied for PR status with his parents as a dependent but the whole family was rejected due to his mom's previous kidney transplant (medical inadmissability).

Hopefully hubby will be approved this time as a spouse!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just thought I would share my horrible experience with expedia.ca I had today. Long story short, I booked a flight to Seattle WA for a seminar I am attending tomorrow. I booked the 5:55Am flight so that I would make it to the first day of my seminar on time. To my surprise the flight was booked for later tomorrow so I will not make it to Seattle until midnight so I will miss my ride and 1 day of the seminar. When I called to dispute with expedia they refused to take responsibility for this and gave me the run around all day, put me on hold for an hour once and I finally had to hang up. Moral of the story, expedia is usually cheaper, but be very careful as they have proven to be unreliable, and don't take responsibility for there actions, you might not get what you think you are paying for. In the future I will pay the extra 1 or 2 hundred dollars for the peace of mind that I will get what I am paying for. I will never use Expedia again!!!

I hope no one from here has to endure the same treatment I have received from this company.

cdk324

Mar 18, 2013
Hi guys.

I just want to share my time line with you guys because it is unsual.

I was waiting for my AIP and finally I saw "DM" under sponsorship status yesterday, Mar 20th. Guess what happened today. I saw "DM" under PR status as well.

When I got home, I received 2 letters. AIP letter dated March 17th, and DM for PR letter dated March 18th. Took them only 1 day to process the 2nd stage. :eek:

Here is my time line:

App sent : Sep 4, 2012
Starting processing on : Nov 28, 2012
AIP : Mar 17, 2013
Stage 2 DM : Mar 18, 2013

Just waiting for the Edmonton office to contact us for interview now.

I saw some people received their stage 1 and state 2 DM simultaneously on Rusty53's spread sheet. I don't know why my case has been being processed so fast, but I will keep you guys posted.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@cdk324
Congratulations!!!! You gave hope to all of us. The 2012 applicants are having the favour of immigration.There have been two cases like this for today. How long have you been living in Canada? Did CIC do any form of background check on you when you were coming to Canada? Did you have status when you sent in your application for PR?

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
jiggyzealous, My application went into process same as yours. Hopefully we will get some good news soon as some people have been enjoying recently. Thanks for the wishes and for the record, am a new momma ;D.

Rusty53, Thanks soo much for handling the spreadsheet.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@cdk324
Congratulations!!!! You gave hope to all of us. The 2012 applicants are having the favour of immigration.There have been two cases like this for today. How long have you been living in Canada? Did CIC do any form of background check on you when you were coming to Canada? Did you have status when you sent in your application for PR?

cdk324

Mar 18, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ cdk324
Thanks. My wife (applicant) came to Canada in May 2012. So it's been about 11 Months and she is still on her visitor status. We have extended her 6 months visitor visa for 1 more year which will expire in Nov 2013. The police report was sent with the application. Other than that CIC didn't request any additional background check so far.

I (sponsor) have a Canadian citizenship, lived here for 15 years, got married in Canada, no kids, no criminal issue

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@cd324

I can't express how happy I am for you!!!! How long were you married? Could you also share some of the evidences you submitted with your application?